This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pave & Protra,

have you tried the new rev500 I posted? Are you still getting the crash?
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Just finishing up a good game .Then will reinstall and add playtest with patch.
      Will catch up with you. Thank you E.
      Its one of those game that is not just a tech race as im fighting a cold war with two competeing nations near me. Hard to delete this one!

Comment

• Thanks E, I downloaded the new patch and the games are going nice and smoothly now. I haven't gotten far enough in the game to try the resources, but it's already affecting my gaming style. Those elephants are now SUPER useful!
        The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
        - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• I put together some files that utilize some of my changes and it adds a few units, i put them up before but i tested it more and put in some more files. Try 'em if you want to and let me know of any problems.

[edit] new link posted later
          Last edited by Ekmek; November 28, 2005, 17:06.

Comment

• The pictures folder is empty in that zip E. Actually the pictures are inside the sprites folder.

And the English texts should be under ...ctp2_data\english\gamedata, instead in the zip theyre in ...ctp2_data\english.

Just in case anyone tries extracting them all together.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I tried your November 21 build with the mod above but i get an unknown token on line 911 of units.txt which is the "SneakPillage" for the Corporate Branch. And a load of other errors but i stopped at that.
              Last edited by Maquiladora; November 26, 2005, 07:36.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• D'oh

ok I'll fix them thanks.

Comment

• The problem is that the 11-21-2005 build I posted still used hidden nationality and I have since split sneakattack and sneakpillage. So in my sig I have an updated version and I fixed my zip

Comment

• I downloaded the above and still getting the error messages complaining about the same "SneakPillage" on the line 911 and onward. I noticed the newest files in the zip are dated 25th of November. Should it be like that, or did you just accidently put up the old files again? Or have I missed something?
                    The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
                    - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• The Noverber 26 build will not download. Keep getting file does not exist.
                      Update Zip (E Mod) does work. Thanks E.

Comment

• Fixed! sorry my new zip had a capital "C" instaed of lower case. works now.

Pave, the new patch Nov26th I posted should fix the sneakpillage option.

note sneakattack doesnt work for the pirateship but sneakpillage was. you can pillage or be pillaged without war being declared.

and some of the food goods have a foodpercent bonus so shipping wheat to another city will increase its food by apercent. my productionpercent bonus for oil didnt work so i got to retest it.

the cultureonly codes do work for legion, swordsman, and samurai now.

elephant also needs the elephant good (but you may get it from ruins)

and horse units need the horse good.

Comment

• Yep it works fine now (so far!), thanks.

BTW something i hadnt noticed before, theres no sound for the Dye good?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                            BTW something i hadnt noticed before, theres no sound for the Dye good?
                            good.txt says it comes up with the sound of glass and glass has no sound. So not a surprise. Actually as good sounds in CTP2 never were used I didn't bother to much to give dye a sound exspeacilly if you consider, that I made that dye good from a ppor prerelease civ3 icon. So if anybody could provide us with a sound and a better dye graphic, he may do so.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Well its not important. I think the existing sprite is fine, and you can just give it the water sound same as the fish.

Martin what are your thoughts for the AI now. I dont know if either you, fromafar or someone else is still working on it at sourcecode level, but is there still plans to do that? Or just release the AE with a frenzy-type of AI as in AoM?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                                Martin what are your thoughts for the AI now. I dont know if either you, fromafar or someone else is still working on it at sourcecode level, but is there still plans to do that?
                                Fromafar never has worked on the AI. And actually it is a very tedious job. You have to put a lot of efforts into it, and the results are hard to achieve. Of course we would like to have improvements on that level but those are unrealistic to achieve.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                                Or just release the AE with a frenzy-type of AI as in AoM?
                                No, Frenzy is a workaround that works badly rather well. In fact all it does is to select some armies of the AI and move it to human targets. Of course this improves an AI that doesn't do anything at all. But frenzy isn't even very consequent and doesn't make the AI attack. So I think we already have something better in the code.

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X