Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanx to all. i translated the strings.

Comment

in my previous post the attachment didn't appear......

Comment

DOH!

my attachment doesn't appear! somebody can help me?

Comment

Originally posted by sandro
          1) " Neptun World" is the same of "Flat World"? If the answer is yes why did you use Neptune?
          Of course as already said it is not. There is no warping on a flat world and on a Neptune world there is North-Sourth warping instead of West-East warping. As far as I know Neptune is the only planet in our solar system which has a by 90° shifted rotation axis. And actual I had to give that option a nice name. Maybe I change it if I am wrong with Neptune here.

3) what is the string before "### New World Shape Strings ###"?
          You don't need to translate that string, it should be there maybe somewhere else in the same file or in another file.

"Sets the maximum number of civilizations that can be in the game at the same time."
          Well that comes closer to the German version, and I tought German strings are so much longer than English strings:

"Setzt die Maximalanzahl der Zivilisationen, die gleichzeitig im Spiel sein können."
          Well I think we can take it. So anymore opinions?

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

DOH!

my attachment doesn't appear! somebody can help me?
            There was a bug in the forum software, which I think has been fixed. If you try again, it should work now.
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
              Well I think we can take it. So anymore opinions?

-Martin
              The French version of the setting text is already similar to drulius' suggestion, remember I had to shorten the French text as the translation was too long.
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                The French version of the setting text is already similar to drulius' suggestion, remember I had to shorten the French text as the translation was too long.
                If I remember correctly the version before was based on your suggestion. And that is also what the German version says.

-Martin

Comment

If I remember correctly the version before was based on your suggestion.

True...

But the French translation of my English suggestion was indeed too long...
                  "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Some new strings to translate. I added two new strings so that the set goal dialog afterwards you set a goal from the Great Library is more accurate.

I added to strings to the ldl_str.txt in the ..\ctp2_data\XXXXXX\gamedata\ folder.

You can find the location in your ldl_str.txt if you search for one of these strings except for str_ldl_GreatLibraryGoalKnown and str_ldl_GreatLibraryNoGoalPossible.

# Great Library
                    str_ldl_GreatLibraryGoalSetTo "Goal set to: %s"
                    str_ldl_GreatLibraryGoalKnown "%s is already known. No goal was set."
                    str_ldl_GreatLibraryNoGoalPossible "%s cannot be researched."
                    str_ldl_SEARCH_WORD "Search:"
                    str_ldl_TECH_TREE "Tech Tree"
                    str_ldl_SET_GOAL "Set Goal"

Therefore the following strings need a translation:

str_ldl_GreatLibraryGoalKnown "%s is already known. No goal was set."
                    str_ldl_GreatLibraryNoGoalPossible "%s cannot be researched."

If you want to modify the ldl_str.txt from the altered source files thread than you can also search for these strings exactly in English, well and finally you don't need to post the file here just the stuff between the quotation marks, as I already have the according ldl_str.txt files. Well as long as you don't translate it into Spain, the Spanish version is still missing.

-Martin

Comment

Obviously it is very difficuilt to translate two or three sentences, isn't it.

-Martin

Comment

str_ldl_GreatLibraryGoalKnown "%s est déjà connu. Aucun objectif n'a été fixé."
                        str_ldl_GreatLibraryNoGoalPossible "%s ne peut pas être recherché."

Comment

Just in time Tamerlin, otherwise it would be in the overnext version of the playtest version like the Italian version.

By the way I also included CityMod2 Great Libaries in German and English, if you have a Great Libary ready for Apolyton Pack that would be very helpfull.

-Martin

Comment

By the way I also included CityMod2 Great Libaries in German and English, if you have a Great Libary ready for Apolyton Pack that would be very helpfull.
                            What exactly is the difference between the GL of Goodmod and the original game?
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

-Martin
                              Unfortunately I have yet to finish the translation of the Super Apolyton Pack Great Library, this is a project I want to achieve but I don't have the will and the time to start it again at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                                Unfortunately I have yet to finish the translation of the Super Apolyton Pack Great Library, this is a project I want to achieve but I don't have the will and the time to start it again at this moment.
                                Actual it is not such a big deal, basicly it just contains additions of CityMod2 and improvements in the way it is provides information and it also includes some fixes at least this is true for the German version. As Dale didn't provide us with the rest of the changes he made to the text files, these changes are at least not reflected in the German version.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X