No announcement yet.

PROJECT: The Translation Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about "Sets the number of players which will not be exceeded by the creation of new players during a game" or just "Sets the number of players which will not be exceeded by the creation of new players".

Comment

IMO a translation like:

"Maximum number of civilizations that can be in play during a game"

...would be simpler and easier to understand, at least I think so.

If we can agree on a definition I will update the files when I post a new translation.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

As it is the players screen I prefer players.

First suggestion:

"Maximum number of players that can be in play during a game simulatniously."
        "Maximalanzahl der Spieler, die gleichzeitig in einem Spiel sein können."

"Sets the number of players which will not be exceeded by the creation of new players."

"Setzt die Anzahl der Speler, welche durch das Einsetzen neuer Spieler nicht überschritten wird."

Well I rather prefer the first one also I would like have a Sets at the first place, but I think we can skip it.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
          IMO a translation like:

"Maximum number of civilizations that can be in play during a game"

...would be simpler and easier to understand, at least I think so.
          The problem is that it's inaccurate, since you can start with more players than that, but it's not really a big deal.

Comment

How about:

Maximum number of possible civilizations, including human player(s), in a new game?

Maximal Anzahl von moeglichen Zivilisationen, einschliesslich menschlicher Spieler, in einem neuen Spiel?

John, since when can you have more than MaxPLayer?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch
              John, since when can you have more than MaxPLayer?
              When you start with them. You can have MaxPlayer=0, but that doesn't mean that there will never be any players.

Comment

I thought with the graphical interface you select the number of active CIV's and the maxplayer indicates, how many rebels can be there?

And no I never tried 0

Comment

Well, Tamerlin said that the default value was zero, so I assumed it was possible.

Comment

Yes I confirm that the default value displayed when you open the window is 0.
                    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I thought with the graphical interface you select the number of active CIV's and the maxplayer indicates, how many rebels can be there?
                      No, that can be never determined before the start of the game, if you set MaxPlayer on 10 and you start with 8 civs, then players are added until 10 is reached. So if you can kill always a newly created civ than in theory the number of rebels is unlimited, because MaxPlayers is never reached.

If you set MaxPlayers=0 then whenever a city revolts it turns Barbarian. But if you start with 3 players and you set MaxPlayers to 2 then at least two players must be eleminated before new civs can be added.

-Martin

-Martin

Comment

Thanks Martin,

NOW (even me) understands

Comment

Thanks Martin,

NOW (even me) understands
                          Yeah but unfortunatly the problem is still there to explain it in one or two lines.

-Martin

Comment

How about "See readme for details" .

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                              How about "See readme for details" .
                              I agree with you, though I think that replacing "players" with "civilizations" would make the sentence more explicit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                                I agree with you, though I think that replacing "players" with "civilizations" would make the sentence more explicit.
                                Well I think I substructed the Barbarian player from the number displayed in the other spinner, so actual t doesn't matter if we call them players or civilisations. So change it to civilisations, here are the two suggestions again:

"Maximum number of civilsations that can be in play during a game simulatniously."
                                "Maximalanzahl der Zivilisationen, die gleichzeitig in einem Spiel sein können."

"Sets the number of civilisations which will not be exceeded by the creation of new players."
                                "Setzt die Anzahl der Zivilisationen, welche durch das Einsetzen neuer Zivilisationen nicht überschritten wird."

And again I prefer the first version.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X