No announcement yet.

PROJECT: The Translation Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we want the sentence to be like the two others which are using "sets", we could write it like this:

"Sets the maximum number of civilizations that can be in play simultaneously during a game."
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Do we agree on the sentence in my previous post?

If yes, I will update the text files with the various translations...
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
        Do we agree on the sentence in my previous post?
        If a native speaker can confirm that it is possible to put the adverb simulatiously into the middle on the sentence then I agree, however in German it is difinatly:

"Setzt die Maximalanzahl der Zivilisationen, die gleichzeitig in einem Spiel sein können."

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Martin,

sounds good. Ich glaube wir koennen den Titel so belassen.

For Tamerlin's suggestion:

Sounds a bit .........

But Let's wait for some other guys

Comment

I just saw that the German sentence could be improved there is a fixed term in German "im Spiel" so it looks like this:

"Setzt die Maximalanzahl der Zivilisationen, die gleichzeitig im Spiel sein können."

So now we need some comments from a native speaker about Tamerlins suggestion.

By the way Gilgamensch some feedback to improve your German, well I know someone from my uni he comes from Mexico and asked me to correct him so I am used to this a little bit : A Titel is rather a name of something for instance the name of a newpaper or PC game or a song. I would call it above rather a text or better don't think about it what in particular it is, so an "es" is enough for me.

-Martin

Comment

Martin,

I first put 'es', but it was sounding a little bit a awkward. That's why I used Titel (even knowing it shall not be), Text would have been better, but the best would have been:

Ich glaube wir koennen den Satz so belassen

And by the way, Yes I know I start to forget my German and I am born and raised there

Comment

Because no native English speaker commented the last suggestion, my last suggestion is:

In English:

"Sets the maximum number of civilizations that can be in play during a game simultaneously."

In German:

"Setzt die Maximalanzahl der Zivilisationen, die gleichzeitig im Spiel sein können."

-Martin

Comment

OK, for me!

Unless a native English speaker replies before sunday I will update the files and post them here.

Comment

For me the French string is enough if you do it tonight, so I can add it to the files myself quickly.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                      For me the French string is enough if you do it tonight, so I can add it to the files myself quickly.

-Martin
                      Here is the new French ldl_str.txt file.

Note: once translated the sentence was too long, I had to cut the last part of it...
                      Attached Files

Comment

i want to translate the strings into italian but i need to know some things:
                        1) " Neptun World" is the same of "Flat World"? If the answer is yes why did you use Neptune?
                        2) In "Close Message When Clicking Eyeball" what is the "Eyeball"?
                        3) what is the string before "### New World Shape Strings ###"?

Comment

Originally posted by sandro

1) " Neptun World" is the same of "Flat World"? If the answer is yes why did you use Neptune?
                          according to the first play test no.

a Neptune map connects at the bottom and top (not the east and west of a normal map).
                          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                          The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                          Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

The eyeball is at the bottem left and allows you to center the view onto the object connected with the message. Eyeball, because it is an eye in a ball (shall be the 'earth' I assume).

Comment

Originally posted by sandro
                              3) what is the string before "### New World Shape Strings ###"?
                              2) See explanation in previous post. The term "eyeball" is taken from the file tut_str.txt. It appears e.g. in the strings for TUT590_LOOK_FOR_CITIES and TUT561_3_GOAL_2 after the mark < c:0,180,0 >. I don't have the Italian version, so I can't verify it, but maybe this enables you to find the corresponding term in Italian.

3) Is this is str_ldl_Fuel_COLON, you may find a corresponding term in string TITLE_OUT_OF_GAS in tut_str.txt.

Comment

Sorry I haven't been paying attention to this thread, hope this isn't too late to be useful.
                                "Sets the maximum number of civilizations that can be in play during a game simultaneously."
                                "Sets the maximum number of civilizations that can be in play simultaneously during a game."
                                These seem to say there is a setting to let a selectable number of civs play simultaneous turns.

These would be best expressed as "Sets the maximum number of civilizations that can be in the game at the same time."

you could also say "...that can exist in the game at the same time"

Comment

Working...
                                X