This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flinx
    Did Martin's fix address any of these situations?
    It seems so but the feature is only available for the future playtest builds. That means that from now on the saves will be loaded adequately when you update your Playtest version. Unfortunately, it means that the saves from the previous 2004-04-18 version don't work with the latest release.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• My understanding of Martin's fix (which could be wrong!) is that it only affects the SLIC database access and therefore only affects mods....
      ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
      "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
      Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by Flinx
        My understanding of Martin's fix (which could be wrong!) is that it only affects the SLIC database access and therefore only affects mods....
        I am as confused as you are now, if not more, I don't have the computer science skill of most of the posters here so I may have misunderstood Martin's explanation.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Over in the Trade thread Martin talked about fixing the trade route paths so that they followed rivers, roads etc.

If you look at the attached savegame you will see that the trade route from Ottawa follows mostly a logical path, but takes some detours in places (like at the start!).
          Attached Files
          ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• The trade route goes 4896 from Ottawa when it should take the path 98 along the road to Winnipeg.
            Attached Files
            ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• My understanding of the fix is that it fixes the crashes you get after loading a file which could already be fixed with /reloadslic, but not any of the crashes you got while loading a file...

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway
                My understanding of the fix is that it fixes the crashes you get after loading a file which could already be fixed with /reloadslic, but not any of the crashes you got while loading a file...
                That's it nothing more or less, so you can now play Call to Conquest without the need to /reloadslic every time you reload the game.

The other things with the added globals and the player.government aren't addressed, Fromafar suggested to comment them out until we have a solution.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                  The other things with the added globals and the player.government aren't addressed, Fromafar suggested to comment them out until we have a solution.
                  I think it would be best to implement them as functions (where possible) until we find a solution.

Comment

• hmmm installed the playtest and it still doesn't work. it crashes the instant I build my first city, end the turn or when i load my old saves and crashes instantly.

I've installed the clean version with the playtest and the patched version with playtest and with both all my games crashes.

when i bought the game it crashed after around 50 turns or so, after installing the patch I could play my old saves, but after a few days the games crashed when I got a diplomatic proposal on a specific turn. I installed the playtest and got the problems like discribed above.

any suggestions??
                    th
                    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be awfully silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

Comment

• I get an 'Expected keyword MAX_MATCH_LIST_CYCLES not found' when launching the game (French version if that matters).
                      What bothers me is that I have such a variable defined in Const.txt
                      (excerpt:
                      RIOT_LEVEL 73
                      MAX_MATCH_LIST_CYCLES 10 # Amount of AI match list cycles
                      POWER_POINTS_TO_MATERIALS 1 # 1 power point can be converted to x materials
                      )
                      Where is that line supposed to be? Is that the good file? And in which directory is it supposed to be?
                      Is there a debugging switch enabling to know which file has been read where?
                      And is there a troubleshooting FAQ for playtesters?
                      Like 'if you can't run the game because of an error message, you probably did this or that wrong'?
                      Clash of Civilization team member
                      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Originally posted by LDiCesare
                        I get an 'Expected keyword MAX_MATCH_LIST_CYCLES not found' when launching the game (French version if that matters).
                        Probably you are using a mod, and the mod's version of const.txt lacks that line. Check your gamefile.txt to see what const.txt is being loaded.

If that is the problem, you can either add the line manulally to the *_const.txt, or else use the ModUpdater I uploaded (it has its own thread which is linked to somewhere above...).

Comment

• Is there a debugging switch enabling to know which file has been read where?
                          c3debug_SetDebugMask is in civ3_main::main_InitializeLogs @1820. The options are:

Code:
                           #define k_DBG_ALL				0xffffffff
                          #define k_DBG_NONE				0x00000000
                          #define k_DBG_INFO				0x00000001
                          #define k_DBG_AI				0x00000002
                          #define k_DBG_NET				0x00000004
                          #define k_DBG_GRAPHICS			        0x00000008
                          #define k_DBG_DATABASE			        0x00000010
                          #define k_DBG_FILE				0x00000020
                          #define k_DBG_GAMESTATE			        0x00000040
                          #define k_DBG_UI				0x00000080
                          #define k_DBG_FIX				0x00000100
                          #define k_DBG_SLIC				0x00000200
                          #define k_DBG_SCHEDULER			        0x00000400
                          #define k_DBG_SCHEDULER_DETAIL	                0x00000c00  
                          #define k_DBG_SCHEDULER_ALL		        0x00001c00  
                          #define k_DBG_DIPLOMACY			        0x00002000
                          #define k_DBG_MAPANALYSIS		        0x00004000
                          To see what AIDATA files were being loaded I went to c3files_fopen in \ctp2_code\ctp\ctp2_utils and added:

Code:
                            if (g_civPaths->FindFile(dirID, s1, s) != NULL) {

if(dirID==C3DIR_AIDATA){
                                     DPRINTF(k_DBG_FILE, ("dirID= %d, %s\n",dirID,s));
                                }
                          You'll want C3DIR_GAMEDATA.

Comment

• A note: if all debug info is switched on, then it's SLOW....
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• hmmm installed the playtest and it still doesn't work. it crashes the instant I build my first city
                              I compiled the latest build, added in the more recent changes, and am getting something similar. It crashes when I should get a popup message from a goody hut and when I try to use the city building manager.

Comment

• Thanks a lot. I'll try to report some real bugs.
                                Clash of Civilization team member
                                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
                                X