Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, now if we have a game-crashing bug that can't be reproduced on every tester, that's a much worse situation.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Saw your edit - mine's 1.11, and the first playtest build I installed completely over it was 2004-04-12, and now 2004-04-18, where I get this unfortunate behaviour.

Comment

• Tamerlin, I uploaded a save, can you download it and try to load? It's been started using GoodMod for Apolyton Pack - hmm, could that be what causes the problems?

The file: This

Comment

• Another quicktest with the 2004-04-18 playtest only installed over a CtP2 1.11 build (the regular CtP2 folder which I use to play the SAP2 and so on... with a few tweaks) produces the same result... no problem at all.

I am under WinXP and I don't use the Compatibility Tool to play...

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
            Tamerlin, I uploaded a save, can you download it and try to load? It's been started using GoodMod for Apolyton Pack - hmm, could that be what causes the problems?
            Fromafar conjectured a SLIC-related cause, so I guess mod saves would be more vulnerable than normal ones.

Comment

• Despite the previous build working perfectly, which had all of those SLIC functions added, hmm?

Well, maybe Fromafar can enlighten us some.

Comment

Tamerlin, I uploaded a save, can you download it and try to load? It's been started using GoodMod for Apolyton Pack - hmm, could that be what causes the problems?

No problem at all I can load and play your game.

Note, your game was not acknowledged as a CtP2 saved game until I removed the .chr extension added in the name of the file.
                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• OK that's even more confusing then. How did you start CtP2 - via ModSwapper selecting Goodmod, or how?

Comment

OK that's even more confusing then. How did you start CtP2 - via ModSwapper selecting Goodmod, or how?
                    I use Modswapper selecting GoodMod for Apolyton Pack 2.0!

[EDIT]I have played a turn, made two saves (a quick and a regular one) and loaded them sucessfully.[/EDIT]

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway
                      Fromafar conjectured a SLIC-related cause, so I guess mod saves would be more vulnerable than normal ones.
                      Indeed they are, Peter discovered a problem concerning the database access, no problem if you you initialize the slic but something wents wrong when you load the slic from a save. You can reload slic before you hit end turn after a reload. Of course this is not a solution, but that veryfies it.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                        Indeed they are, Peter discovered a problem concerning the database access, no problem if you you initialize the slic but something wents wrong when you load the slic from a save. You can reload slic before you hit end turn after a reload. Of course this is not a solution, but that veryfies it.
                        Was this fixed in your recent alterations to the slic source? If so, it's probably worth me uploading a new playtest exe so that people like Solver can actually load their games.

Comment

• How do I reload SLIC then before I load the game to check it??

Comment

• Was this fixed in your recent alterations to the slic source? If so, it's probably worth me uploading a new playtest exe so that people like Solver can actually load their games.

Did we have any source additions after the 4-18 build at all?

Comment

Did we have any source additions after the 4-18 build at all?
                              Yep, but just this one post.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway
                                Was this fixed in your recent alterations to the slic source?
                                No.

Originally posted by Solver
                                How do I reload SLIC then before I load the game to check it??
                                So a crash before the you can move a unit or do another thing. In that case we are talking about two different problems.

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X