No announcement yet.

DESIGN: Graphics/Interface Requests Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see the layout of my city as I build it, and be able to place my cathedral right THERE!

Yes, I want a iso-tile city-view screen that allows me to place my buildings.

Comment

What resolution do most people use in-game? I think its safe to assume most people use at least 800*600 now, maybe even 1024*768. I use 1152*864.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I use a 1024*768 resolution.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
          I'd like to see the layout of my city as I build it, and be able to place my cathedral right THERE!

Dale that would be cool, if anything it would be nice to have ctp2 generate a real small ctp2 map, say 20x20 when you got to the city screen. Of course I'd love the city zoom and battleview to be a small map with an RTS. But I've been getting slammed for wanting to much micromanagement in ctp2 so I'll stop there.
          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Don't worry E, you are welcomed!

But don't try to put any Real Time into CtP2...

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

E:

Ooooo......... tactical battles. Not real-time though, how bout like the Imperialism series?

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                What resolution do most people use in-game? I think its safe to assume most people use at least 800*600 now, maybe even 1024*768. I use 1152*864.
                except a few players worldwide, I think we can assume that minimum would be 1024*768. (same for me )

Comment

Never played Imperialism, but if it works I'm for it. Tamerlin, the only appeal of RTS is that multiple units can fight at once, CtP2 tries that but doesnt get the right feel.

Yeah Dale, I would be so happy if We had the zoom map for cities and battle (even battles in cities, real sieges!) OF COURSE this should be a player option. How far you want to manage should be up to the players own comfort level. (Maybe have a simple conflict option or a general unit that fights these fights for you, how well depends on experience...hmmm?)
                  Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Civ3 requires 1024x768, and although there were complaints, they were few. That was however long ago it was (a year or two?), so 1024x768 is pretty safe now.
                    Last edited by J Bytheway; November 5, 2003, 10:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                      civ3 does give you a nice city overview pic with buildings/wonders that are already in place - Sure, it was a hood ornament, but it did add atmosphere.

Dale and I already know that certain indie games are going in this direction though...
                      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by E
                        (Maybe have a simple conflict option or a general unit that fights these fights for you, how well depends on experience...hmmm?)

TBS, w/ RTS combat, sounds like the Total War series...

...works for me

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                          Civ3 requires 1024x768, and although there were complaints, they were few. That was however long ago it was (a year or two?), so 1024x768 is pretty safe now.
                          I made a program that allowed 800x600 play of Civ 3... it was downloaded over 800 times on the forums, and I have gotten around 50 requests in email for it, too.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Well, I should say that my statement was backed up with very little evidence .

Comment

I remember that I made a LOT of complaints when I heard that Civ 3 would require 1024. I couldn't support that resolution at that time, and being the butt-headed guy I am, didn't want to get a new monitor.

The day I got the game, I discovered a way to run it in 800x600... but it was unplayable. Then I wrote the program... just checked, BTW, 941 download off Apolyton. That's nearly a thousand of downloads totally. Note that it's mostly useful for laptop users... I know that if I get a laptop, I will surely want to be able to play CtP2 on it.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I think we can consider 8x6 as a minimum resolution.

Given a choice of improving the interface, and leaving a very few 640x480 users unable to use an update, I'll take the improving the interface.

After all, you can always upgrade, but a crappy interface is forever crap *smiles*

Comment

Working...
                                X