No announcement yet.

PROJECT: Altered source files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug fix: correct movement costs for ships above tunnels, based on suggestions by NelsonAndBronte as described here.

[Edit: link removed. The source has been included in source12112003.zip.]
    Last edited by Fromafar; December 12, 2003, 16:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
      And by the way we need for the first altered text files translators, well so far it is just a few strings.

-Martin
      Martin, could you e-mail me the strings to translate?

jfcabirol@wanadoo.fr

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

This isn't worth a new file but some of you guys who are compiling might want to go into diplomat.cpp and make the following change in Diplomat::StartNegotiations,

Code:
        // from >=0 pt: 
        	// if player has contact with foreignerId, 
            // set	m_lastMotivation[foreignerId] = the player's top motivation 
        	// and choose a new proposal for foreignerId

if (m_foreigners[foreignerId].GetTurnsSinceGreeting() >= -1 &&
        			g_player[m_playerId] && g_player[m_playerId]->HasContactWith(foreignerId))
        		{
        			m_lastMotivation[foreignerId] = m_motivations.begin();

DPRINTF(k_DBG_AI, ("(Start Negotiations)%d choosing proposal for foreigner %d\n",m_playerId,foreignerId));

ChooseNewProposal(foreignerId);
        			found = true;
        		}
        You should then see AI-AI diplomacy; not a lot but it's there.

Comment

Hi Peter Triggs

Could I ad this code on in -Diplomacy file - gamedat. There is heading that shows New Proposal . I see a line that says
          Desire Motivation next line
          Fear Motivation and the code you have showa line last Motivation. I might not understand the code.A simple no is ok.Dont want to mess up the fourm in here

Comment

No, you can't do that. This is a *.cpp file. What you're seeing there are comments in a *.slc file, they don't do anything.

Comment

Bug fix: have the rush buy button at the city tab behave the same as at other screens.

The button will now be disabled after using it, and will be enabled when there is 1 turn left.

[Edit: link removed. The source has been included in the first post.]
              Last edited by Fromafar; December 2, 2003, 14:03.

Comment

User interface option: enables you to view cost and effect of all known tile improvements, even if you are short on PW.

To activate this option, you have to edit userprofile.txt and set ShowExpensive to Yes. There is no in-game screen to modify this setting.

Note: this option will be added automatically to userprofile.txt when you start a game with the modified source. The default setting is No, to mimic the behaviour of the original game.

[Edit: link removed, note added. The source has been included in the first post.]
                Last edited by Fromafar; December 2, 2003, 14:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                  Martin, could you e-mail me the strings to translate?
                  So far it is not much basicly you have to follow these instructions for the music option add:

5) The rest is just a matter of adding strings to text files.

In the “C:…\ctp2_code\ctp” directory open “userkeymap.txt” and add “^m Music” to the bottom of the list

In the GAME directory “C:…\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\english\gamedata” not the source code directory, open “Add_str.txt” and add “Str_ldl_MusicHotKey “Ctl+m”” after “…SoundHotKey”

In “ldl_str.txt” under “#Options Menu Strings”, add “str_ldl_Music “Music”” then search for “str_ldl_SOUND” and underneath “..SOUND” and “..SOUND_OPTIONS” add similar entries for “..Music” – Do not put the text within the quotes in all caps, this is the text that will appear on the screen.

In “keymap.txt” add at the bottom “^m MUSIC_OPTIONS”

**** It is important to note that if the string names listed in the .txt files do not agree in case with the string names list in the functions, the game will crash. That means that “ldl_str_MUSIC” listed in the .txt files will cause a crash if the string name is “ldl_str_Music” in the function
                  Basicly you should only need to modify add_str.txt and ldl_str.txt. In ldl_str.txt you need to find these lines:

# Ranking Tab
                  str_ldl_RANKING_MILITARY "Militär"
                  str_ldl_RANKING_ECONOMIC "Wirtschaft"
                  str_ldl_RANKING_SCIENTIFIC "Wissenschaft"
                  str_ldl_RANKING_OVERALL "Allgemein"
                  str_ldl_RANKING_POLLUTION "Verschmutzung"
                  str_ldl_RANKING_WONDER "Wunder"
                  str_ldl_INFO_RANKING_TAB "Ãœbersicht"
                  str_ldl_RANKING_RANK "Bereich:"
                  str_ldl_LINE_BUTTON "Liniendiagramm"
                  str_ldl_ZEROSUM_BUTTON "Flächendiagramm"
                  You need to add the translation for:
                  str_ldl_RANKING_POLLUTION "Verschmutzung"
                  str_ldl_RANKING_WONDER "Wunder"

to your file.

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
                  This isn't worth a new file but some of you guys who are compiling might want to go into diplomat.cpp and make the following change in Diplomat::StartNegotiations,
                  I disagree, even it is just a >= instead of a > it is worth a new file, this way I don't need to find this alteraion on myself. Let's have 100 of such small things and it is a big task to bring everything together, espeacilly if there are some people who have to do it.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I updated the first post, new stuff starts at:
                    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\CityControlPanel.cpp

I also fixed a typo in the TileImprovementDB.

Unfortunatly I missed Fromafars NoShipInTunnel.zip and it is to late tonight to correct this. But it looks like that there are no later modifications on these files. So just unzipp his fix over this package and you should be fine.

-Martin

Comment

User interface improvement: do not overwrite the user's leader name with the default civilisation-dependent name when there is no reason to.

Last edited by Fromafar; December 12, 2003, 16:06.

Comment

Bug fix: do not trigger a disaster warning when there is no pollution at all.

Last edited by Fromafar; December 12, 2003, 16:02.

Comment

suggestion:
                          Remove the gender option for when picking a civilization

Its gunna be pretty time consuming and alot of work to find names let alone pictures of both male and female leaders for every civilization and will probably lead to historical inaccuracies for the sake of finding a different gender leader, so i doubt it will be worth the hassle

remove it
                          Oxygen should be considered a drug
                          Tiberian Sun Retro
                          My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                          http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Bug fix: do not display information of another player for hotseat play.

The most annoying bug was the incorrect city dropdown list at the city tab of the control panel, but this fix also hides some other information that should not have been available to other players.

Last edited by Fromafar; December 12, 2003, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
                              suggestion:
                              Remove the gender option for when picking a civilization

Its gunna be pretty time consuming and alot of work to find names let alone pictures of both male and female leaders for every civilization and will probably lead to historical inaccuracies for the sake of finding a different gender leader, so i doubt it will be worth the hassle

remove it
                              And you are sure this is an altered source file, SMIFFGIG. Well open a new thread about the topic and we can discuss this. By the way this needs some discussion.

-Martin

Comment

Reimplementation of the 1.1 patch: added code to the SLIC stubs GetRoundsToNextDisaster and GetCurrentPollutionLevel.

Last edited by Fromafar; December 12, 2003, 16:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X