PROJECT: Altered source files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROJECT: Altered source files

I think we should have a central place where we could exchange our files. Therefore this thread.

The file list:

..\ctp2_code\sound\mss.h
    ..\ctp2_code\libs\miles\mss.lib
    mss.h and mss.lib are made by jonwil, he based his mss.h on work by Fromafar as described here in the Getting the source to compile. These two files a´can also be found in the DEBUG: sucess with the sound! thread.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\greatlibrary.cpp
    Altered to fix the hidden goods show bug, as described here.
    In the mean time I was also able to test by removing all the slics of GoodMod.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\rankingtab.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\rankingtab.h
    Added pollution powergraph, and was tested for more then 250 turns without any problems and does work presumed the Cheat Editor didn't disabled pollution.

..\ctp2_code\gs\utility\newturncount.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\PlayerEvent.cpp
    Contain a first fix for the PBEM by J Bytheway as described in the DEBUG: Pbem? thread.

..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\buildingutil.cpp
    Fixes bugs in buildinutil.cpp by NelsonAndBronte as described here.
    The source file compiles and is untested but it should work as the fix is very simple.

..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\CityData.cpp
    Fixes the Sea city sprite bug. Fix by NelsonAndBronte as described here.
    Fixes also problems with city creation thought the scenario editor. In particular allows now creation of cities with b displayed in the CityPopSpinner of the Scenario Editor and makes shure that the city keeps it seleccted style. Fix by Martin Gühmann.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\scenarioeditor.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\scenarioeditor.h
    Added function so that the population b displlayed in the CityPopSoinner can be used elsewhere in the program.
    Also fixes bug in scenarioeditor.cpp that prevents displaying of more then three city style buttons in the scenario editor city tab. Well these so far these buttons don't have icons but at least they work now as expected. Fix by Martin Gühmann.

..\ctp2_code\gfx\tilesys\tiledmap.cpp
    Fixes bug in the Scenario Editor so that cities created by the scenario editor have the right b as displayed in the CityPopSpinner of the Scenario Editor and keep their style given by the Scenario Editor. Also cities created by the scenario are now selected per default. Fix by Martin Gühmann

..\ctp2_code\gfx\tilesys\tiledmap.h
    ..\ctp2_code\gfx\tilesys\tiledraw.cpp
    Attemps to fix bug concerning displaying of unfinished tile improvements. Unfortunatly this doesn't work as expected as the graphics of the unfinished improvements aren't updaed as exspected. More here. Fix by Martin Gühmann.

..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\TerrImproveData.cpp
    Fixes PercentComplete function. Doesn't fix or implement the terrainutil_GetTimeToBuild, but actual I have no idea with what I should fill it as it looks that the terrainutil_GetProductionTime should do the same. By Martin Gühmann

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\NationalManagementDialog .cpp
    Fixes infinite rush build as posted beleow by J Bytheway.

..\ctp2_code\ui\aui_ctp2\directvideo.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\aui_directx\aui_directmovie.cpp
    Allow you to view the movies without a sound card, by Fromafar posted below.

..\ctp2_code\gs\slic\slicfunc.cpp
    Fixed GetNearestWater function as described here.
    Also added Fromafar last fix you can find in this thread:

Bug fix: automatic selection when clicking the eyepoint of a message window.

It also includes now another bug fix by Fromafar:
    Automatic selection when clicking the eyepoint of a message window.

..\ctp2_code\gs\slic\SlicEngine.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\slic\SlicFunc.h
    Allows you to start CTP2 mods made for the patch withoud a bunch of slic errors. I readded (I hope) all new slic functions of the CTP2 patch. Well so far I was only able to implement the DestroyBuilding, OpenBuildQueue, TileHasImprovement and ArmyIsValid functions. You can also use the rest of them but they all return 0 nothing else so far. Maybe some of these slic functions also belong into another file. And there is a final problem I discovered while I was running the debug exe, I got some asserts about slic. More about that later.

Now these files contain also The Big MC's new slic function FreeAllSlaves as posted here.

By the way I took the freedom to merge the file with the last version of this file by Fromafar.

..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\ArmyData.cpp
    Fixes Center on Pirating Bug as described below by ahenobarb.

..\ctp2_code\ui\aui_ctp2\SelItemClick.cpp
    Another small bug fix: display the underlying terrain information when clicking on an enemy object.
    This prevents easy detection of invisible enemy units.
    Bug fix by Fromafar posted below.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\ScienceManagementDialog. cpp
    A small bug fix for the science manager by Fromafar: Display the real costs for the player.
    The bug fix was posted below.

..\ctp2_code\gs\database\ConstDB.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\database\ConstDB.h
    ..\ctp2_code\ai\ctpai.cpp
    Added a flag to the ConstDB to expose the number of process matches for each army so that this number is not hardencoded anymore to make the AI behaviour more modder friendly. To this addition contributed NelsonAndBronte, Martin Gühmann and Fromafar. You can read more about it in the DEBUG: ProcessMatches.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\citywindow.cpp
    Bug fix by Fromafar posted below: recover production shields when disbanding a unit from the unit tab of the city screen.

..\ctp2_code\gfx\tilesys\TileHighlight.cpp
    Bug fix by Fromafar posted below: Reduced the visibility to the player of an AI cheat in the pathfinding algorithm.

The AI cheats by "knowing" the terrain types and movement costs of unexplored terrain. This is visible to the human player when dragging the cursor into unexplored territory. The color of the path could be used to obtain information about the nature of the terrain.

This bug fix will only correct the color of the path. It does not remove the AI cheat, and you may still be able to detect this by examining the form of the path.

..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\UnitData.cpp
    Change request done by Fromafar and posted below: Make forts heal as cities, instead of fully in one turn.

For future versions I would like to see it exposed to the tileimp.txt so that you can decide which tileimprovement heals how much. So a possibility for different kind of forts.

..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\CTP2Combat.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\CTP2Combat.h
    Bug fix posted below by Fromafar: Use the veteran status in combat.

Based on the observations and proposals by MrBaggins and Solver: apply the veteran coefficient to the unit properties when in combat.

This bug fix will improve the chance to hit the target (i.e. increase the RangedAttack and Offense properties). It will not modify the other properties (Defense, Strength, etc.). This corresponds to the handling of the veteran status in UnitData.cpp.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\controlpanelwindow.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\aui_ctp2\keymap.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\aui_ctp2\keymap.h
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\aui_ctp2\keypress.cpp
    Adds the music option to the drop down menue in the menue bar. Addition posted in the DEBUG: sucess with the sound! thread by ahenobarb.

..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\tileimp.txt
    Modified tileimp.txt that corrects the construction graphics for the tile improvements.
    Now it contains a sound flag so that when a tile improvement is constructed a sound is played like in CTP1.

..\ctp2_data\english\gamadata\add.txt
    ..\ctp2_data\english\gamadata\ldl_str.txt
    Added strings in English for ahenobarbs new music option and two strings in English for the ranking tab.

..\ctp2_data\german\gamadata\add.txt
    ..\ctp2_data\german\gamadata\ldl_str.txt
    Added strings in German for ahenobarbs new music option and two strings in German for the ranking tab.

Changed two strings:

str_ldl_Show_All_Battles_Off "Kampfansicht immer aus"
    str_ldl_Show_All_Battles_On "Kampfansicht immer ein"

Added an "immer" so that it is different from:

str_ldl_Battle_View_Off "Kampfansicht aus"
    str_ldl_Battle_View_On "Kampfansicht ein"

As you can see now we need now translators, so far it is not much but we have also keep up to date other language versions of the game. Well futures versions of this file will contain a reworked Great Library, fortunatly I already have one for CityMod2.

..\ctp2_data\default\uidata\keymap.txt
    ..\ctp2_program\ctp\userkeymap.txt
    ..\ctp2_code\ctp\userkeymap.txt

Adds short cut to the music screen to the keymaps by ahenobarb.

While I was using the music screen I noticed a cancel button is missing, When I close it by pressing the OK button the music is halted and restarted.

..\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\TerrainImprovementRecord.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\TerrainImprovementRecord.h
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\TerrainImprovementRecord.sta mp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\terrimprove.cdb

These files add to the TileImprovementDB a Sound flag, a Freight flag and remove the limit of 3 for contruction tiles.

So far only the additional Sound flag is used so far. The limit removement should allow modders to have tile improvements with lots more then 3 construction tiles so that every turn while the tileimp is under construction it changes it appearance.

The Freight flag is now only there and does nothing, but it should later allow to redirect trade routes when roads give such a bonus.

Actual you need only terrimprove.cdb, but for the sake of completeniss I included the three other files that were automaticly generated by dbgen.exe. So only terrimprove.cdb needs to be change if you want to add stuff to the databases, that is a very powerful possibility to modify the databases and to improve them. Of course the functions you find in the Database record files must be used somewhere else in the game to get an effect.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\CityControlPanel.cpp
    All rush buy buttons behave now the same. None of them is disabled anymore when there is only one turn left from completion. Usefull when your city is rioting and you don't want to use entertainers or the global sliders but you can build a building. Espeacilly if the happiness is so low that it is very likly that the city riots the next turn again. Fix/change by Fromafar, as described below.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\CityControlPanel.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\tileimptracker.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\database\profileDB.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\database\profileDB.h

A user interface option by Fromafar: Enables you to view cost and effect of all known tile improvements, even if you are short on PW.

To activate this option, you have to edit userprofile.txt and set ShowExpensive to Yes. (Well has to be added, if the game doesn't do it automaticly.) There is no in-game screen to modify this setting (not yet).

..\ctp2_code\ai\diplomacy\diplomat.cpp
    A small modification by Peter Triggs to add some minor AI-AI-Diplomacy.

..\ctp2_code\gfx\tilesys\tiledraw.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\TerrainRecord.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\TerrainRecord.h
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\TerrainRecord.stamp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\terrain.cdb
    ..\ctp2_data\default\terrain.txt

Two new flags for the terrainDB to allow modders to customize the graphics for goody huts, this modification allows the modder to define for each terrain a different hut graphic, for example you could have glacier like style huts for icy terrains or a dessert or oasis like ruin/hut for desserts and so on. The new flags in the terrainDB are optional if both of these flags are missing or just one of them a default image is used, like it is in the original CTP2. The terrain.txt here is a modified version, I replaced some of the ruins graphics with another graphic that is part of the tile file already. This terrain.txt is meant as a base for disscussion, so far it just demonstraded that it does work.

..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\ldl_str.txt
    ..\ctp2_data\german\gamedata\ldl_str.txt

Three more strings added for world shape look for:
    ### New World Shape Strings ###

..\ctp2_data\english\uidata\layouts\spnewgamepopup s.ldl
    ..\ctp2_data\german\uidata\layouts\spnewgamepopups .ldl

Added strings for four shape wourld map options by Martin Gühmann.

[b]..\ctp2_data\english\uidata\layouts\spnewgame.ldl[\b]
    [b]..\ctp2_data\german\uidata\layouts\spnewgame.ldl[\b]

Added strings for four shape wourld map options by Martin Gühmann.

..\ctp2_data\english\uidata\layouts\ns_strings.ldl
    ..\ctp2_data\german\uidata\layouts\ns_strings.ldl

This file was prepared for implementation of four shape world options. So far this feature is only avalable in Single Player mode. By Martin Gühmann.

..\ctp2_data\english\uidata\layouts\scenarioeditor .ldl
    ..\ctp2_data\german\uidata\layouts\scenarioeditor. ldl

It is not possible to set the city pop spinner to zero, well maybe that was my own little modification of this file, the maximum city size that you can now create with the scenario editor is 999. By Martin Gühmann.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\spnewgamemapshapescreen. cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\spnewgamewindow.h

Modification by Martin Gühmann to add Flat Map and Neptun World option to the single player shape selection window. This new features are only available in a single player game so far.

Unfortunatly there is a series of Assertions in the debug version when the Neptun world is created.

..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\ArmyData.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\UnitData.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\world\cellunitlist.h
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\world\cellunitlist.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\robot\pathing\unitastar.cpp

Bug fix by Fromafar: Correct movement costs for ships above tunnels, based on suggestions by NelsonAndBronte as described here.

..\ctp2_code\ctp\civapp.cpp

User interface improvement by Fromafar: Do not overwrite the user's leader name with the default civilisation-dependent name when there is no reason to.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\infowin.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\Pollution.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\Pollution.h

Bug fix by Fromafar: Do not trigger a disaster warning when there is no pollution at all. Sould be usefull if you start a game with MaxPlayer > 0.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\controlwindowpanel.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\ControlTabPanel.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\DomesticControlPanel.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\MainControlPanel.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\radarwindow.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\ControlTabPanel.h
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\DomesticControlPanel.h
    ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\MainControlPanel.h

Bug fix by Fromafar: Do not display information of another player for hotseat play.

The most annoying bug was the incorrect city dropdown list at the city tab of the control panel, but this fix also hides some other information that should not have been available to other players.

Reimplementation of the 1.1 patch by Fromafar: Added code to the SLIC stubs GetRoundsToNextDisaster and GetCurrentPollutionLevel.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\messageactions.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\database\profileDB.cpp

User interface option by Fromafar: Close message boxes automatically when clicking the eyepoint.

A line CloseOnEyepoint=No will be added to userprofile.txt when you start a game with the modified source. You have to change No to Yes to activate this option. There is no in-game screen to change this setting.

..\ctp2_code\ai\CityManagement\governor.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\armyevent.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\world\WrlImprove.cpp

Miscellaneous bug fixes by Fromafar:

ArmyEvent.cpp: Do not cause an Assert failure - in the debug version - when slaves revolt and capture a city.

WrlImprove.cpp: Replaced Shield references with Food ones in the food functions.

Governor.cpp: Removed an AI mental block which prevented it from placing gold improvements on forest tiles. Unfortunately, this is not a very general solution: it will not work for water tiles.

..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\Gold.cpp
    ..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\Gold.h

Bug fix/user interface improvement by Fromafar:

Prevents triggering - and forcing you to click away - the intimidating message about having to sell city improvements when you rushbuy to a low gold level in an otherwise sound economy.

..\Scenarios\AlexanderTheGreat\scen0000\default\ga medata\const.txt
    ..\Scenarios\AlexanderTheGreat\scen0000\english\ga medata\Great_Libary.txt

Some small updates for the Alexander scenario by Fromafar:

const.txt: Added MAX_MATCH_LIST_CYCLES (set to 6 - the original game's setting). Only for use with the modified Apolyton code.

Great_Library.txt: Corrected an invalid reference to make the information display for the Horseman.

..\ctp2_data\default\uidata\keymap.txt
    ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\add_str.txt

Modified text files by kaan to align them with those of the CTP2 version 1.1/1.11

..\Scenarios\MagnificentSamurai\scen0000\default\g amedata\const.txt

const.txt: Added MAX_MATCH_LIST_CYCLES (set to 6 - the original game's setting). Only for use with the modified Apolyton code by Fromafar.

2004.06.05.CTP2.All.zip

This post continues in my next post of this thread. (Stupid number of character limitation per post.)

In the picture I attached below you can see the lasted altered window the single player new game players window, that allows you to select the number of civs on your map. Well it in German but you can get an impression.

-Martin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; June 5, 2004, 16:59.
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Here's the version of NationalManagementDialog.cpp with the Rush Buy bug fixed. You'll have to put it in ctp2_code/ui/interface yourself.
    Attached Files

Comment

Probably not so relevant for most of you, but these changes allow you to view the movies if you don't have a sound card.

[Edit: attachment deleted. The files are included in the first post.]
      Last edited by Fromafar; November 11, 2003, 15:09.

Comment

Read the first post again I finally managed to replace the *.zip file and the post itsself to include all the files I have now on my setup.

And not if you add these files to your setup and want to get the source to compile you don't need alter anymore files as sound is now include in this pack.

Edit: As I don't had space anymore in my post above I continue here:

..\ctp2_program\ctp\anet.inf
        ..\ctp2_program\ctp\dll\map\plasma2.dll
        ..\ctp2_program\ctp\dll\map\geometric.dll
        ..\ctp2_program\ctp\dll\map\fault.dll
        ..\ctp2_program\ctp\dll\map\Crater.dll

Program files of the 1.1/1.11 patch added.

..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\buildings.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\tut2_main.slc
        ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\uniticon.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\diplomacy.slc
        ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\profile.txt

Patch default files 1.1/1.11 added.

..\ctp2_data\default\uidata\credits.txt

Credit file of patch 1.1/1.11 added.

..\ctp2_data\default\graphics\pictures\CnBG.tga

Cretit screen background *.tga of the 1.1/1.11 patch.

..\ctp2_data\english\uidata\layouts\citystatus.ldl
        ..\ctp2_data\english\uidata\layouts\science.ldl
        ..\ctp2_data\french\uidata\layouts\citystatus.ldl
        ..\ctp2_data\french\uidata\layouts\science.ldl
        ..\ctp2_data\german\uidata\layouts\citystatus.ldl
        ..\ctp2_data\german\uidata\layouts\science.ldl
        ..\ctp2_data\italian\uidata\layouts\citystatus.ldl
        ..\ctp2_data\italian\uidata\layouts\science.ldl
        ..\ctp2_data\spanish\uidata\layouts\citystatus.ldl
        ..\ctp2_data\spanish\uidata\layouts\science.ldl

Altered layout files of the patch 1.1/1.11 that were'nt altered so far.

The following file were added to these paths:

..\ctp2_data\english\uidata\layouts\
        ..\ctp2_data\french\uidata\layouts\
        ..\ctp2_data\german\uidata\layouts\
        ..\ctp2_data\italian\uidata\layouts\
        ..\ctp2_data\spanish\uidata\layouts\

spnewgamepopups.ldl
        spnewgame.ldl
        dipwizard.ldl
        ns_strings.ldl
        scenarioeditor.ldl
        science.ldl
        citystatus.ldl
        civstatus.ldl

User interface files are added to all the language folders to make the other version fit with the changes that were done.

..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\exp_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\tut2_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\tips_str.txt

Modified text files of the patch 1.1/1.11 for the English version were added.

..\ctp2_data\french\gamedata\exp_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\french\gamedata\tut2_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\french\gamedata\tips_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\french\gamedata\add_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\french\gamedata\Info_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\french\gamedata\dip2_str.txt

Modified text files of the patch 1.1/1.11 for the French version were added. Note That add_str.txt is not up to date with the altered source files. We still need translators. And also the French ldl_str_txt is missing, it needs an update.

..\ctp2_data\german\gamedata\tips_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\german\gamedata\exp_str.txt

Modified text files of the patch 1.1/1.11 for the German version were added.

..\ctp2_data\italian\gamedata\tips_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\italian\gamedata\exp_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\italian\gamedata\add_str.txt

Modified text files of the patch 1.1/1.11 for the Italian version were added. Note That add_str.txt is not up to date with the altered source files. We still need translators. And also the Italian ldl_str_txt is missing, it needs an update.

..\ctp2_data\spanish\gamedata\tips_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\spanish\gamedata\exp_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\spanish\gamedata\add_str.txt
        ..\ctp2_data\spanish\gamedata\Great_Library.txt

Modified text files of the patch 1.1/1.11 for the Spanish version were added. Note That add_str.txt is not up to date with the altered source files. We still need translators. And also the Spanish ldl_str_txt is missing, it needs an update.

..\Scenarios\NuclearDetente\scen0000\scenario.txt
        ..\Scenarios\NuclearDetente\scen0000\default\gamed ata\scenario.slc
        ..\Scenarios\NuclearDetente\scen0000\default\gamed ata\SS_func.slc
        ..\Scenarios\NuclearDetente\scen0000\spanish\gamad ata\Great_Libary

Modified tex files of the patch 1.1/1.11 for the Nuclear Detente scenario.

..\Scenarios\MagnificentSamurai\scen0000\scenario. txt
        ..\Scenarios\MagnificentSamurai\scen0000\spanish\g amadata\Great_Libary

Modified tex files of the patch 1.1/1.11 for the Nuclear Detente scenario.

..\Scenarios\AlexanderTheGreat\scen0000\default\ga medata\Advance.txt
        ..\Scenarios\AlexanderTheGreat\scen0000\default\ga medata\scenario.slc
        ..\Scenarios\AlexanderTheGreat\scen0000\default\ga medata\uniticon.txt
        ..\Scenarios\AlexanderTheGreat\scen0000\default\ga medata\Units.txt
        ..\Scenarios\AlexanderTheGreat\scen0000\italian\ga medata\scen_str.txt
        ..\Scenarios\AlexanderTheGreat\scen0000\spanish\ga medata\Great_Libary.txt

Modified tex files of the patch 1.1/1.11 for the Alexander the Great scenario.

..\ctp2_code\ctp\ctp2_utils\c3cpu.cpp

Possible crash fix by Fromafar: Do not use cpuinf32.dll to examine the CPU. Actual it is used just for the sake of this and doesn't play a rhole somewhere else. So it is actual just time wasting. And is therefore removed.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\EditQueue.cpp
        ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\greatlibrary.cpp
        ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\sci_advancescreen.cpp
        ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\ScienceManagementDialog. cpp
        ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\screenutils.cpp
        ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\statswindow.cpp
        ..\ctp2_code\ui\aui_ctp2\keypress.cpp

User interface improvement/bug fixes by Fromafar:
        - Have the great library start with something more useful than Advanced Infantry Tactics.
        - Corrected a number of SLIC functions that used calls with inappropriate arguments.
        - Clear the great library data between players for hotseat games.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\tileimptracker.cpp

Some small code improvements to make the ShowExpensive option work as well. The ldl_str.txt are replaced by later versions.

Bug fix by Fromafar: Repaired some memory leaks in the City window, and cleaned up some list handling.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\loadsavewindow.cpp
        ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\spnewgametribescreen.cpp
        ..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\CriticalMessagesPref.cpp
        ..\ctp2_code\gs\gameobj\CriticalMessagesPref.h
        ..\ctp2_code\gs\fileio\GameFile.cpp

Bug fix by Fromafar: Repaired some memory leaks related to the load/save file window.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\dipwirzard.cpp
        ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\dipwirzard.h
        ..\ctp2_data\XXXXXX\uidata\layouts\dipwizard.ldl

Bug fix by Martin Gühmann: Added missing diplomacy photos to the diplomanager.

..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\spnewgameplayersscreen.c pp
        ..\ctp2_code\ui\interface\spnewgameplayersscreen.h
        ..\ctp2_data\XXXXXX\uidata\layouts\spnewgamepopups .ldl

Where XXXXXX stands for english, french, german, italian or spanish.

Interface Improvement by Martin Gühmann: Redesigned the sp new game player screen, so that a new game can be now started with more then 8 players. 31 players is the maximum number of players that can be now used, don't expect that your computer runs smoth with so many players. There is now also the possibilty to set the maximum number of players that can occur in a game for instance through revolts, maximum is also here 31 players. Another option is there to select the player index that determines in the end the player's color, unfortunatly this doesn't work, yet but this can be fixed when something else is fixed from the 1.1/1.11 patch list.

Note that if you play with MaxPlayer higher than NumPlayers and you use a version of Diplomod like in ApolytonPack then the game crashes if a new player is added and the total number of players is higher then you originally started with.

..\ctp2_data\XXXXXX\uidata\layouts\spnewgame.ldl

Where XXXXXX stands for english, french, german, italian or spanish.

Added disclaimers in text to the initial screen by Klaus Kaan.
        Improved by Martin Gühmann to make it possible to localize all the strings on that screen.

This file replaces the image drawn by Locutus and therefore this image is not anymore part of the *.zip file. Well it is big enough.

..\ctp2_data\XXXXXX\gamedata\ldl_str.txt

Where XXXXXX stands for english or german.

Added new strings for disclaimers, version and the new sp new game players, to allow easy localization of all the stuff.

Note that for other language versions we still need tranlators to create a French, Italian and a Spanish version of that file.

..\Scenarios\MagnificentSamurai\scen0000\default\g amedata\scenario.slc

Fix by Martin Gühmann: When you return to Shichinen via the Star Road a fort should be created in Shichinen. Unfortunatly they give to the event the wrong argument the fort has the index 8 not 7. Using the TerrainImprovementDB functions avoids the need to fix this again if the indices are shifted again.

I packed a *.zip file with the altered files in the fashion of the mods. So if you just unzip it it into your default CTP2 folder and you installed the ctp2_code in the default CTP2 folder it overwrites the original source files. So if you altered some of these files already I recommend to back up them before and add your alteration to these files. Or alternativly you could unzip them to somewhere else, and alter the files from this *.zip. I recommend it anyway so you can use this file structure to add your own files and provide such *.zip's, too.

Edit: Note that I don't extend these posts at the beginning anymore so you have to read this thread down. Maybe I update the link here.

[Edit: See the first post for the latest version.]

-Martin
        Last edited by Martin Gühmann; June 5, 2004, 17:00.

Comment

Center on Pirating Bug fixed

The attached file fixes the fact that CTP2 does not center on the unit that is pirating a trade route. With this modified file, the unit will be centered during the pirating.

However, the game shifts focus from one unit to another quite fast, so you have under a second to see the unit (this is the same amount of time to observe all of the other units that are moving during a turn).
          Attached Files

Comment

A small bug fix for the science manager: display the real cost for the player.

[Edit: link removed. The source has been included in the first post.]
            Last edited by Fromafar; November 22, 2003, 14:04.

Comment

Another small bug fix: display the underlying terrain information when clicking on an enemy object.
              This prevents easy detection of invisible enemy units.

Last edited by Fromafar; November 22, 2003, 14:06.

Comment

Bug fix: recover production shields when disbanding a unit from the unit tab of the city screen.

Last edited by Fromafar; November 22, 2003, 14:08.

Comment

Bug fix: reduced the visibility to the player of an AI cheat in the pathfinding algorithm.

The AI cheats by "knowing" the terrain types and movement costs of unexplored terrain. This is visible to the human player when dragging the cursor into unexplored territory. The color of the path could be used to obtain information about the nature of the terrain.

This bug fix will only correct the color of the path. It does not remove the AI cheat, and you may still be able to detect this by examining the form of the path.

Last edited by Fromafar; November 22, 2003, 14:09.

Comment

Change request: make forts heal as cities, instead of fully in one turn.

Last edited by Fromafar; November 22, 2003, 14:12.

Comment

Bug fix: use the veteran status in combat.

Based on the observations and proposals by MrBaggins and Solver: apply the veteran coefficient to the unit properties when in combat.

This bug fix will improve the chance to hit the target (i.e. increase the RangedAttack and Offense properties). It will not modify the other properties (Defense, Strength, etc.). This corresponds to the handling of the veteran status in UnitData.cpp.

Last edited by Fromafar; November 22, 2003, 14:19.

Comment

Finally I was able to update the attachment in the first post, it contains now 45 files, so read the first post again if you like to get familiar with the details.

And by the way we need for the first altered text files translators, well so far it is just a few strings.

-Martin

Comment

Bug fix: automatic selection when clicking the eyepoint of a message window.

[Edit: link and note removed. The source has been included in the first post.]
                          Last edited by Fromafar; November 25, 2003, 12:42.

Comment

I added Fromafar's last fix to the attachment in the first post and corrected the extra comma problem in ConstDB.cpp that I obviously forgot to include last time. Thanks to Fromafar for pointing this out.

-Martin

Comment

I added to the attachment in the first post Fromafar's fix in his last post of this thread. I also added The Big MC new slic function FreeAllSlaves to the slic related files.

I updated the tiledraw.cpp to fix an assertion when you place tile improevements with the cheat editor that belong to the class terraform.

And I readded the construction sound of tileimprovements that was in CTP1.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X