No announcement yet.

DESIGN: CtP2 Source Code released - our actions [brainstorm & discussion]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If modern AA sits silent, then it is a sitting target for destruction. Active air defense as per CtP2 seems like it works well, with the caveat that it doesn't work "enough".

Comment

• Well, we could possibly change the AA to a more Civ3-style thing. A battle in the air occurs between two planes, where one of the two always gets destroyed.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Which is what happens at the moment, with active air defense. The active air defender, just gets first strike.

Comment

• Nah, I propose to change the system so that it isn't first strike, but rather a formula based on the plane's statistics.

Comment

• Can you give an example of why the current system is a problem other than its issue of being bated by a single attacker?

If you change the system, you have to consider that the AI is not as smart at choices as the human. Changing anything should be carefully considered, since it always has the definite possibility of unbalancing towards the human player, and making for a worse game.

It seems to me that you have choices in active air defence, already. You just need to place them, in sufficient number, at where you wish to defend. Its also eminently sensible, since some aircraft can bombard, and there needs to be a balance.

Comment

• Good point. That puzzles me, then, as to a possible solution ?

Comment

• Maybe it puzzles you as to a possible problem

Comment

• Maybe .

Comment

Working...
                  X