Ekmek Tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of big improvements since last time! Seriously good job E
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Comment

• Gives the game a fresh look. Hard to put CtP2 away even after many times of playing because of the work done by peolpe like you.

Comment

• thanks guys. I have received a few comments on the tiles so I'll post a minor update this weekend (probably).

The most controversial thing about my tiles are the improvements so I'm looking to re-add the CtP2 originals and then add my additional ones to the end.
          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• modify the text file then re load the script into tile edit this way you will be done in a few minutes.
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
            The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
            Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• I've updated again. Only small changes tidying up some borders (especially since I saw shallows not showing the borders in some old maps)

HAVE NOT added back the old CtP2 improvements yet, got a bit side tracked on the Civ3 sprites....

Comment

• Are you adding them back as they were or draining some colour from them E? Not sure how well itd look but might be worth a try to help them fit in more.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• I'll try to wash them a bit and see how it goes, if not they will be the original.

Comment

• I've done a version with the old Ctp2 tile improvements. I added my new tiles at the end and tried to just make a tileimp.txt "patch" for those that want to use my new imps but I'm having problems. Maq or BigMC or anyone else can you explain what the problem is?

Comment

• I loaded a game where the only tile imps visible were roads and trading posts this didnt crash, but then again it did crash when i tried to place some more trad posts with the scen editor. Also when i switched to another player in the scen editor which I knew had farms and mines the game crashed to desktop straight away.

Trading posts werent showing properly when i loaded the game, not sure what it is in their place and why theyre moved NW. Ill have more time to mess with it on sunday or monday if you havent fixed it by then.

Perhaps if tileimp.txt is the problem you should try adding one at a time and try it out, but it could be the 800-900 range that could be the problem like you said because only the roads show properly, which are the original numbers. Is there any reason why you didnt use 700-800?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Look for pure black. this some times caouses the game to crash
                        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Thanks guys,

I tried it again and I did see some weird stuff. I added a farm using the scenario editor and it was placing the City Slave graphic, which I DIDNOT put in my file.

I'll mess around again and 'm going to test these possible problems:

Pure Black
                          TileIndex Number
                          Using different tile ID for same tileimp but different for each terrain

If you have any other tips let me know.

Comment

• Started testing and I think there is a limit around 876 for TileSet Index...

Comment

• Maq, since you have a game with a lot of imps could you test out my tiles (again) I included a tileimp.txt that maps to my new graphics. I think they all work but just to be sure.

thanks.

Comment

• Yeah that tile file and tileimp.txt worked fine on every tile imp. I was seeing the original nets and maglevs, I guess those were left on purpose though, so everything I saw fine. Didnt test the underwater imps but I assume those were left originals too.

Comment

Working...
                                X