No announcement yet.

Ekmek Tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a temp work around which removed the all but the first shallow tile . which cleaned it up good.

you still have a problem with several beach tiles however.

Just over right the script file For the tile id 10 with this one.

Code:
      1001   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
      1002   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
      1003   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
      1004   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
      1080   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
      1081   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
      1082   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
      1083   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
      1084   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
      1085   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
      1099   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
      I made a temp work around which removed the all but the first shallow tile . which cleaned it up good.

you still have a problem with several beach tiles however.

Just over right the script file For the tile id 10 with this one.

Code:
        1001   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
        1002   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
        1003   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
        1004   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
        1080   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
        1081   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
        1082   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
        1083   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
        1084   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
        1085   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
        1099   10 0000 TILE03E9.tga
      BigMC I've been replacing the tiles one at a time through the tileedit program to make surethey map. I don't know how to to work a tile script is there a tutoria on that?

As for cleaning it up could you post a screen shot? what are the beach problems?
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Replacing one at a time must be frustratingly slow .

If you export them as a script you can simply dump the new version of the tile in the scripts folder.

Just make sure the background is silver ( the background of most of the scripts tiles.)

As for moding the scripts it easy Here a striped down guide

The script is split into 6 sections

Tile rules

Tile Borders

Tiles

Rivers

Improvements

Variation Rule

Each type has a number above it this must = the actual number of things.

Example tile rule

{
        1 -1 1
        -1 1 -1
        1 -1 1

-1 1 101 102 101 1
        }

the bottom numbers are the same as tile edit and the top square of numbers is the adjacent tile ( just like tile edit.)

Example border rule

1 2 BORD0102.tga

1 = the main tile

2 the second tile

and the file of the border.

Example

Tile

101 1 0000 TILE0065.tga

first number the tile id on
        The second the type then 4 numbers which I am not sure what it does then the file name.

I haven’t done rivers, tile imps or variation rule

The variation rule is probably best done in tile edit.
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

For the tile problem look at the last screen the white lines you sea are created by not getting the tile ends spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
            Example

Tile

101 1 0000 TILE0065.tga

first number the tile id on
            The second the type then 4 numbers which I am not sure what it does then the file name.
            So if I understand you right, the first number is the TILE ID number as seen in tileedit,

second number: is the type tell if its a border etc?

I'll probably still use tile edit a bit since I'm trained on it and I can match the tiles fairly ok. But if I understand the scripting stuff than I should load mass tiles faster.

Thanks for the help! On a side note SnOOpy has okayed my conversion and I'll pm the other guys I used for these. I'm not sure how overall these tiles are received but I wouldnt mind if it makes into the Apolyton Edition patch (that way I'll actually feel like I'm really contributing something )

Comment

E. If I understand you Q right then yes.

You can select witchever border you want to display on any tile. I have not added code that limits the borders shown to the ones that fits the center tile.

I have at some point considered making it possible to selct witch nine tiles to display in a 3x3 matrix. What have cept me from doing so, has mainly been a question of how to implement the borders and the interface. If it will be helpfull I'll take a look at it at again, and se if I can do it.

As to the script file: In the .zip there is a file called "Script file format.txt" this explains all that is possible with the current script file format.

And Mc, no you don't have to use silver as bg-color, or black as shadow for that matter, the default colors are specified in the script file, for the whole set of images. The default colors can then be overridden for each image as needed.
              Attached Files
              Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
              Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

nice one Martin.

Comment

I've been doing a lot of cleaning up ofthe tiles and finally fixed the sea tile showing up on the coast. I also added some subtle bumps in grasland a tree or two in the random plains graphics, trying to diversify the look. I'm still messing with it but I think you'll be pleased...

PS Big MC your work on lava rifts and hills etc is appreciated and once I finish the original times I plan on making versions of your tiles too!

Comment

Sounds good but i am still working on finding references in the source to get them all to work.

Comment

I'm still learning the borders and script thing. that may take away since I'm focusing on graphics now. A request I do have is that the graphic shape for borders be changed. I have no idea how that can be done unless Martin the Dane found out. Is it possible to change some default shape somewhere? if we could make it more curved or any side AND make it unique on different sides, I think it would add a lot to giving an earthy look.

Comment

Changing the schape of the borders can't be done with the current format of the til-file, but it is possible to have unique graphics for each of the four borders.

By default TileEdit uses different parts of the imported graphics to create each of the four borders.

Here's an example: I took a tile with different sides and used that as a border graphics, the attached image is the result.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martin the Dane
                          Changing the schape of the borders can't be done with the current format of the til-file, but it is possible to have unique graphics for each of the four borders.

By default TileEdit uses different parts of the imported graphics to create each of the four borders.

Here's an example: I took a tile with different sides and used that as a border graphics, the attached image is the result.
                          Thanks for the help Martin. Is there anyway to make random borders show up on the same tiles? I could make some borders have bushes and small hills in order to vary the terrain. I havent sat down with scripting yet to figure it out.

Another question. Circled below are these random gray dashes. They appear on different tiles and are not in any of my graphic TGAs any idea how that happens?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here's my latest make. Most of it is cosmetic. Please let me know if there are any touch ups needed.

Latest in first post and sig.
                            Last edited by Ekmek; May 28, 2004, 23:17.

Comment

The gray dashes are a graphics glitch probably somewhere in the graphics library, where, is anyboddys guess. The good news is that they normally disapear if the affected area is redrawn.

It is not possible to use random borders with the current tilefile, that will have to be done with the source-code, and my C knowledge is not good enough to do that. The only way to do something similar, is to use TileRules and then have several different graphics for the same tile. I think Mc knows more about that.

Comment

Martin the variation rule (last block) could be used to create a duplicate tile ( a new tile with the same graphic as another). You can then assign a border to that new tile.

The only problem I can see ( I cant check this out because i` haven’t got a tile edit script) is that you cant assign a border to a tile id.

Comment

Working...
                                X