No announcement yet.

Sprite List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's saved here . I'll even provide you with FTP-access just in case you wish to add/modify anything -- I'd only ask you to notify me before uploading really huge files . But I'd certainly not be opposed to uploading e.g. the WotR-scenario (5+ MB).

If Hexagonian is still around and if he happens to have retained a backup of his site I'd even offer him to save it in a similiar way ("hexagonia.ctp2.info" ?).

I think that these sites are worth saving not only because of the downloads (especially as long as Apolyton's download section is down ...) but also because of their individual comments and design -- they are part of the history of this game.

I don't know why Apolyton turned off Wes' Total Modification site and Stan's AoM-site. If they are interested I'd investigate the possibillity of hosting these sites on my humble webspace as well ("wes.ctp2.info", "aom.ctp2.info" ?) -- I'd have to take a look at their size and possibly at my provider's pricing though before uploading .
    The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks BB.

I'm annoyed I didn't remember hex's site when the scramble for Geocities was going on last year. There's a partial copy on Oocities, and the Wayback Machine has it, obivously, but neither of them have files (if indeed there were any files there).
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Geocities went under a few years ago. The files were stored on an online storage site for a fee, which I decided to drop after it went under.

I moved all my current files to weplayciv, which does all the things I want...free file uploading/storage and download stats. You are welcome to download my files from there and host them on any site you want. The main downloads (Cradle and LOTR) are big though...+200 MB each.

Somebody is playing...LOTR has over 400 DL since I posted it a year ago. Nobody has given any feedback...I don't know if that is good or bad.

Occasionally I check in to see if there is any activity/questions at Poly or at weplayciv, but I haven't played in about 8 months or so. But occasionally I get the itch to play and tinker.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Since Apolyton's download section is down it's good to know that WePlayCiv still maintains CTP 1 & 2 support. I did my homework this weekend and uploaded a couple of files over there. But I think that the current situation with Apolyton also teaches us that we should not entirely rely upon one single website and that it's no bad idea to have things backed up at several sites.

For this reason and because of their historical importance i'd still like to revive the major fansites on my parcel of the world wide web. Apart from the downloads they show their author's originality and creativity, they make the WWW a bit more interesting and may give people a better idea about what makes CTP2 interesting than a sheer download directory.

Anyway, as a teaser I put together these neat archives from the stuff I could retrieve from the WebArchive:

These archives don't require too much space and I'd gladly keep them hosted in their present form if their original authors agree. Of course Wes and Hexagonian are also invited to change whatever they like and I am willing to provide them with FTP-access under the same conditions as IW (see above) . It would also be sufficient to post the files and I'd put them on the server.

I also tried to reconstruct

but obviously with a poor result so far. So, if Stan is still around: Please let me know if you'd be interested in reconstructing your site in a similar way so we may negociate the details !

It would sure be nice to save

as well, which I unfortunately couldn't reconstruct in a reasonable way from the WebArchive.

Edit:
          Subdomains for these neat archives are now working as well:
          Last edited by BureauBert; March 7, 2011, 16:47.
          The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Im also Dabbling in this area . this area called Adding Sprites to Call to Power II. i downloaded Mymod by User:Player 1. i included many Sprites so far. but im not finished with Adding Classical Age Sprites. my Question is How many Different sprites and new units can Be added to the same mod? if the unit number is fixed in any way can it be Changed to Alouw even more units to be added to the game?

Comment

Hi!

Originally posted by jonathan1980 View Post
              How many Different sprites and new units can Be added to the same mod? if the unit number is fixed in any way can it be Changed to Alouw even more units to be added to the game?
              With the default game the sprite limit is 200, with the Apolyton Edition it's 255. There is no way to change this limit by the means of modding -- it's defined within the source code.
              You will find a complete list of all unit sprites ever created here

Comment

Originally posted by BureauBert View Post
                Hi!

With the default game the sprite limit is 200, with the Apolyton Edition it's 255. There is no way to change this limit by the means of modding -- it's defined within the source code.
                You will find a complete list of all unit sprites ever created here

Well in that case it would be possible for me to Add all the Sprites of the Classical era , Middle Ages era , Fantasy sprtes and some of the Rennasance Sprites. but the modern era sprites theres too many. and i also wont be able to add any of the Science fiction sprites i was hoping that all possible sprites could be added but i guess its not possible. but regardless 200 different units would be fantastic as i never played a game that had so many. so far i been using your bureauberts modding site to add sprites to the game. im not sure how to do the sound effects though. and i would need some sound effect for some of the fantasy units like Dragon and Griffin. as for the Ring wrath sprite im going to rename that the "Evil Rider" and it will be a different version of Horse archer. i want my fantasy units to be compatible with all 4 of the fantasy maps from this site. it seems i have my work cut out for me if i need to add so many units to this mod.
                Last edited by jonathan1980; September 19, 2013, 21:49.

Comment

This is Mind blowing truly a learning experience .The sprite i was going to Call Griffin is supposed to be Demon. your Complete list of Sprites is missing 3 sprites. its missing Smuggler Ship (Millennium Falcon) ,Science vessel (Enterprise) , Alien Creature (Kyreen Creature) i got thos additional 3 sprites from Pedrunn's space mod discussion thats linked to on your modding site. also your complete list of sprites Lists 3 units called HIgh Tech Unit. i was thinking of naming them Hi-Tech soldgier ,Light Mech and Veritech Fighter. i was going to put these into the World War III mod i was thinking of making. also there was a unit called Tracker in there. i thought it was Seven of Nine from Star trek Voyager. i was thinking of calling her Plasma Rifle Scout. becuase im not comfortable with calling them Specific People.

Comment

BureauBert au - the thing is i could never get the thing up to 200 units in a game, iv gone to your website found out how to add units but takes so much time to add them in, you even got to specify what technology unlocks the units and like then go and have to mod the tech tree and every thing... but my point is iv never gotten it up to 200 different unit types in a game, has anyone ever gotten it that high? what scenario is that even in?

Necropolis20 the stock market Oracle of Ohio

Comment

Working...
                    X