Hello from a kind of newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patryn
    6) Anything else that might make me want to choose one game over the other?
    I like the CTP1 interface better than the CTP2 interface, and I miss city worker placement from CTP1.

Out of the box, CTP2 was a more balanced game than CTP1.

IMO, from a single-player standpoint, the fan-created Mods offer a more indepth game in CTP2 than in CTP1. SLIC has allowed for the creation of Great Leaders, unit upgrades, ingame plagues, a more aggressive AI regarding the use of its military...
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Hmm.... and I liked the trade setup of CTP1.

And both games work on the same servers so when one goes, both go....

So, CTP2 is the best for single player. Is that to say it isn't quite as good on the multiplayer side? That is really what it all comes down to, since that is the best way to have replayability in a game like this.

I hear that you can't host a CTP2 game while running XP. That pretty much cuts down the players that can host to a handful in an already thinned crowd doesn't it?

Maybe there should be mass petitioning of activision for the creation of CTP3?
      Peace is but a place to live.
      The house of peace is built on the foundation of war.
      You must conquer the land before you can build your house and live in peace.

Comment

So, CTP2 is the best for single player. Is that to say it isn't quite as good on the multiplayer side? That is really what it all comes down to, since that is the best way to have replayability in a game like this.
        If youre only interested in MP for the replayability then both games are good, both have resynchs and both have their fair share of exploits and bugs, as do all MP games.

Hex talks like you cant even play the unmodded game, thats because he has his mod, Cradle The biggest flaw with unmodded CtP2 is its AI, which is something you dont need to worry about in MP.

I hear that you can't host a CTP2 game while running XP. That pretty much cuts down the players that can host to a handful in an already thinned crowd doesn't it?
        Well XP can host, as long as its someone with win98/ME/2K joining, but if its 2 XP people then there is a chance it wont work. Most current players have win98 as a partition anyway so we dont stumble across that often.

As far as which has the most active online players i wouldnt know exactly because im not part of the CtP1 MP community (only PBEM) but i would guess its even, both have pretty thinned numbers now after gameleague.

Maybe there should be mass petitioning of activision for the creation of CTP3?
        Well there was some pestering for the sourcecode and we got it, so eventually there will be another.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
        X