Hello from a kind of newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a kind of newbie

Hello chaps! (I presume there are no women present? )

I've been over in the CtP1 forum for a couple of years now, and the release of the CtP2 source code has finally gotten me off of my derriere and over here to mix it up with you guys.

I've just received my (no manual, CD and wall chart only) copy of the game from an ebay victory (my first - how sweet it was ), loaded the game and the 1.11 patch, the updated (?) servers.dat file, and about to start playing a single player game to begin the process of finding out the differences from CtP1.

Guess what! I think I've found one already, without playing the game! There doesn't seem to be a tutorial game, like there is in 1.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I'll no doubt be meeting some of you over the coming weeks and months, which I look forward to.

Until then then.

Welcome!

If you play the game on the lowest difficulty level you will get sort of beginners advise. Not a real tutorial like in CtP1, but some help for newbies nonetheless (though I don't know of how much use it will be for a CtP1 vet such as yourself).
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

OK thanks Locutus.

Here's a question: What's with empire borders? What's the practical, ie, gameplay, implication?

Comment

Another question: is there a way to conveniently see how long remaining on each of the current items in each city's build queue at once?

Comment

In the national manager(access with F2 or city button->national manager, then select the status tab) shows everything your building in every city and how many turns until there done.
          "

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik
            OK thanks Locutus.

Here's a question: What's with empire borders? What's the practical, ie, gameplay, implication?
            Long time ago that I played CTP1, but for the empire border:

You can only build in your own boarders, to expand them you can build forts on your terrain and this will then expand the boarder 2 tiles across (but not the diagonal axis, this will be only 1 tile)

So if you build 2 cities to far apart (like 10 tiles), you will have a gap in between and you wouldn't been able to build a road there.

Also terraforming doesn't make the land anymore yours, really just what is inside your border you can build TI's (Tile improvments) or terraform.

Comment

Another question: is there a way to conveniently see how long remaining on each of the current items in each city's build queue at once?
              For the keyboard commands check in:

(assuming you installed it in the default directory)

D:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp

for the file userkeymap.txt.

In there you find all keyboardshortcuts. Can be helpful, if you haven't got the manual. But be careful with editing the file Only at your own risk. Safest way to modify is with the game.

Comment

Thanks EPW and Gilgamensch

Comment

Thanks EPW and Gilgamensch
                  You are welcome

Don't bother to ask, there are never stupid questions, only stupid answers

Comment

A suggestion ricketyclik...

After you get done with the vanilla game download and play a Mod.

The difference is night and day (regarding the AI)
                    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

OK, will do. I imagine people would be even better

Comment

MP game anytime ricketyclik Read this first http://www.geocities.com/ctp2strategy/
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                          MP game anytime ricketyclik Read this first http://www.geocities.com/ctp2strategy/
                          OK Maq, jes give me a few weeks to get up to speed

Comment

Also Ricketyclick, hop over to the CtP2 source forum, and get the latest playtest build, and then a mod of your choice to play with. The recompiled source edition is already better in the sense of bugs in single player.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch

Don't bother to ask, there are never stupid questions, only stupid answers
                              "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions."

Present company excluded of course.

That was a joke, really.

Comment

Working...
                              X