Med Mod 4 (final): files, readme, links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Father Beast
    Quick question. If I install this mod, will it mess up the game I'm playing? or should I wait until I finish that one, then install the mod?
    A few things to say here:

1. Yes, it might mess up your current game since it changes the 'real' version of const.txt and (maybe) the AI files.

2. Who cares if it does? With this mod, you won't care about your old game any more.

3. If you install it the way I did you're safe. That is to make a copy of your whole CTP directory (call it Civ-CTPM or some such), install the MedMod over the new copy and then shift all the rules files from the scenario directory to the ctp_data directory so that the MedMod is the default for this copy. Make a new shortcut to ctp_program\ctp\ctp.exe and you're away! Do not try to run it with playctp.exe, because that will send you back to the original installation.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I've got 4 copies of CTP now because of the way I handle mods...

And it's best if you do this with the no videos installation to save space. In fact, you can simulate the no videos installation by deleting all the files in ctp_data\default\videos (That's the only difference between the two types of installation)

Of course, I take no responsibility for you screwing things up by following the above instructions

John

Comment

I installed the medmod according to instructions (finished my old game first), and started a new game. I am not deeing any difference. new cities don't come with a defender, like the readme said, and there don't seem to be any changes to the GL. Did I do it wrong? or do I need to run it from ctp.exe instead of playctp.exe even when I installed the mod into my regular game?
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Are you actually selecting it as a scenario?

If it's nothing so obvious, check the troubleshooting file - that explains most problems.

Comment

Why was this thread moved and un-topped? No wonder people can't find it.

Anyway, a bug has been found in the Large civs version of the mod. The corrected file is attached below. Place it in the
          C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power\scenarios\MedPack4\scen0002\default\gamedata
          folder.

I will start subscribing to this thread, so that I can see when problems arise, since I spend all my forum time on the Ctp2 and Civ3 sections.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WesW
            Why was this thread moved and un-topped? No wonder people can't find it.
            I don't think it was ever moved (you always posted the 'release thread' of your CtP1 mods in General, only with CtP2 you stayed in Creation. If you adapt your first post so that it refers to your new website, I think it would be fair to top it again - and maybe move it to Creation as well...
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Wes,
              D'oh! Just noticed you it was not you but Markos who originally started this thread so you can't edit the first post of course. But you can still say if you'd prefer this thread to be in Creation or General, then I'll kindly ask Markos if he wants to edit the first post and top and possibly move the thread for you...
              Of course, you could try asking him yourself - I think he would be just as willing to help you as he usually is to help me - but that would mean more work for you and it would also take away a chance for me to show to Markos that these CtP forums need their own mod (rather than me continuously bothering Ming and Markos himself to top this or move that)

Comment

Well, I think that the only thing not on my webpage is the correction to the gov't.txt that I posted last week. This thread probably needs to be in the General forum, since I am no longer actively developing it.

Comment

Wes, I think the CtP1-Database contains only v4.0, maybe v4.1 but definitely not v4.13, so the link to your new website should be at least mentioned...

In any case, I notified Markos and asked him to fix it and top the thread?

Comment

Well, I already edited my first post in this thread to tell people to go to my webpage. I hope that is enough.

Comment

I suppose that will work as well, but I already sent a PM to Markos. Oh well, it can't hurt anyway...

Comment

Working...
                      X