Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which mods should I get? A newbie guide.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What on hell... IT'S NOT WORKING!
    The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
    - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• Oh no, its happening again! Every time I send some weird messages in forums, no one writes new post until I say that the thread is free for other again.So, this thread is free again.
      The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
      - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• What exactly isn't working? Do you get errors or something? Does it show up at all? You'll need to give us something to work with if you want us to reply
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• I have a question.

If I install the hack patch and some of the scenario packs, will it screw up any PBEM games that I currently have going with people who haven't installed the same patches and scenarios?

Thanks
          A
          "that's right, a SLAVER!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy Jackson
            If I install the hack patch and some of the scenario packs, will it screw up any PBEM games that I currently have going with people who haven't installed the same patches and scenarios?
            It shouldn't screw anything up - I've certainly never heard of this happening. Presuming, of course, that the scenarios do not alter 'real' game files. A couple of them do do this (thanks to limitations in the scenario system), including the MedMod, which alters AI files and would cause problems if your PBEM games included AI players (and maybe also with the barbarians).

Comment

• K, cheers. Yet another question, this one of much more practical importance:

How do I get one of those cool pictures underneath my name on these message boards? If I can get it I definately want the slaver, ...yes, "that's right, a slaver!!!" lol

A

Comment

K, cheers. Yet another question, this one of much more practical importance:

How do I get one of those cool pictures underneath my name on these message boards? If I can get it I definately want the slaver, ...yes, "that's right, a slaver!!!" lol

A
                I believe all you need, IIRC, is a certified check or current bank account for a draft. I think if you pm (Private message) either Markos or Dan they will set up a withdrawal. I am not up on current rates, but I believe its something around $28.50 American dollars per quarter????

Its been awhile, plus I have some "Pictures from the Farm" with Markos,Dan and a certain underage sheep which shall remain nameless, so i pay nothing

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Click 'control panel' (at the top of the page) and then 'Edit Options' - the option to change your Avatar is at the bottom.

Comment

• Got it, awesome. Now I just need a few of them purple trophies and everything will be set right...

I posted a reply regarding your request for a tester in either the "Can't load PBEM..." forum or the "Need urgent help..." forum. Still up for it? I downloaded all the files yesterday while taking a break from school work but I had a few minor problems getting everything going. But from what I can see it looks really good - I like the moon-walking settlers on the first turn and the militia. Didn't get further then a few turns in though as I'm busy with school and its not a whole lotta fun playing against yourself. I called up the readme text and hit print - dude its like 30 pages or so (have to read later). Anyways, this weekend I'm finally free from the chains of studying the Indo-China war so we can get a game going if you like. I've never tried an internet game other than PBEM, so if you want to go that root we can just giv'er eh? (Canadian slang...). Drop me a line here on by e-mail... Cheers,

A

Comment

• oops, never mind...
                      Last edited by Andy Jackson; May 8, 2003, 00:07.

Comment

• Apolyton pack IS good modpack, if others uses it
                        I had to re-install CtP two times because then my PBEM-turns didn't start
                        - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• "this file contains invalid data"
                          that's the message I get when I try to install the apolyton pack.

Comment

• hello??? how do i install the AP? after downloading, i try to install it, but always the same answer "this file contains invalid data!"

Comment

• Where did you download it from?
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• apolyton! this site. so it should work I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X