Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which mods should I get? A newbie guide.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now, Nordicus' Trade Goods mod is *not* compatible with the Medieval mod. If you want to, you could go to my homepage, through the link here, and get the latest beta edition of the Medieval Pack, which contains a version of Nord's mod.
    I also think Tom is working on making a Medieval mod-compatible version of his mod.

Comment

Just to bring this to the top again.
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I posted a message on the CTP Help page about Time and I got some good advice from Wes...
        So I went to the Newbie Buide Topic and downloaded the sequence as advised ... trouble is, I dont think I got all of the Medievel Scenario since it crashes and I get error messages about missing sprite files (eg GG34.spr not found in asset tree).
        Can you tell me what I've done wrong?
        Fidler

Comment

Fiddler, go back to the Medieval download site, and get the little "fix" noted there. This should solve your problem.

Comment

Wes - thanks for your reply - I tried it but I'm still getting the error message. By the way I downloaded the Scenario from your home site (your Medmod v3) and not from here (which is Medmod 2.1) - could that be the answer?

Regards
            [This message has been edited by Fidler (edited April 30, 2000).]
            Fidler

Comment

Fidler, that would be it. The graphics for version 3 of the mod are not posted at this time. You need to wait until they are, which should be in a day or two, or you need to install the version available here at Apolyton.

Comment

Thanks Wes - Next problem!!!...I stripped out all the mods and reloaded the fixes and Apolyton...but Apolyton crashes when the first Civ Advance comes along and I get the same error message (about not finding sprites etc) - what am I doing wrong?
                Fidler

Comment

Sprites are the units in the game.
                  You have to be more specific about exactly what you installed, and how.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by WesW on 05-01-2000 10:59 PM
                    Sprites are the units in the game.
                    You have to be more specific about exactly what you installed, and how.

Sorry - I'll try to be clearer - I've now got the 1.2 upgrade, the hack fix and the Apolyton Pack loaded. When I play normal CTP it seems to run OK, but when I try the Apolyton Pack I get to the first unit build and the game crashes with the message 'unable to find tpcga.tga'. However I've done a file search and that file is on the Apolyton directory under default\graphics\pictures. What do you think?

Fidler

Comment

Fidler, have you gone into the userprofile text, and changed debug slic to "yes"?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by WesW on 05-04-2000 11:50 AM
                        Fidler, have you gone into the userprofile text, and changed debug slic to "yes"?

Yes - done that

Fidler

Comment

Fidler, the particular file you mentioned is part of the PowerSLICs, so that is why I asked. I don't know off hand what the problem would be. Anyone else care to comment?

Comment

The only thing I can think of right now is that the 1.21 hack is not properly installed. In the Acticision 1.2 patch graphics would not be loaded from the scenario folders. This was one of the things fixed by the hack, so if a picture does not load I suppose that the hack is not working. So either it was not installed or maybe it was a game you started before you installed the hack?

Comment

Good grief!!!

Comment

*BUMP*
                                Let's keep this visible
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X