X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gavrushka
    replied
    Originally posted by Mathemagician
    apart from that, why does he check saves of a game that we agreed to continue ?
    or did i get something wrong there too, even though i asked about it ?
    The game will not continue. I was suspicious, as was Ice, so the saves were checked.. In any such occurence the game will never continue.

I was being very generous in saying that Mine under city was a misunderstanding. It was used to boost production and broke the game..

You never responded to your use of mine under city, and never mentioned it. Filix (in an earlier game) had also said he was not bothered about farm under city.. They are separate things. I had hoped to post and leave it at that. But this thing will run on I see.

A further recollection from Azrael confirms that three times you were told NO to farm under city and you simply said you would use it. There was no mention at any point of mine under city...

This is a simple statement from now on in... Any use of tricks in games is cheating, unless ALL parties agree to it. It is used to increase the Value of a civ over and above that which competing civs could possibly do. Such things are not strategy and in any game involving me, Azreal or Blackice they are outlawed. Is this clear?

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    come on now, dont be pedantic. as long as i have been here, the "anything-under-city" "bug" has been called "farm-under-city bug", since it is the same mechanic in the game.

i am aware that a mine under a city does make a strong impact. thats why i always was surprised you said you wouldnt use it even if allowed. but then again, thats why i kept asking.

id like to put this clear:
    i will use anything that is allowed in a game. and i wont use anything that is not allowed. i want to win, and i want to win honest !
    and in this game i was certain (not quite sure), i was certain that we had agreed on using "dingbat-under-city".

lets call it a misunderstanding here. but if you (all) care about such a thing prior to a game, maybe you should clarify it with the respective person insteading of laughingly ignore it.
    after all, it was clear that i couldnt seriously have meant "farms only" in a game of mountain islands.

im sorry that youre the one, gary, whom i have to tell this this way. but i want to take this opportunity to make clear that i take much care to be aware of what is cheating and what not. and sometimes i just dont get clear answers by certain people.

Leave a comment:

• Gavrushka
    replied
    Math, this is difficult.. Farm under city is one thing.. We laughed because it was mentioned it would be good to see you build a farm on ice.. That can be let pass..

The Mine under city trick must not be used. Please just accept that in online play that henceforth no tricks. You never ever mentioned mines. It has to be put down to a misunderstanding but please appreciate the use of such a thing alters the game radically.

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    apart from that, why does he check saves of a game that we agreed to continue ?
    or did i get something wrong there too, even though i asked about it ?

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    Originally posted by Gavrushka
    You kept mentioning farm under city trick and even though this was said not to be used you did in fairness say you were going to use it..

Myself, Stephan and Ice feel a little disappointed.
    Gav, i asked 3 times during the game whether we were going to use it as this game was one of multiple restarts of a game where we originally agreed to use it.
    i got no clear answer whatsoever that we did NOT use it. only "i dont care. i wont use it."
    thats why i clearly said "i will use it unless someone objects". still no one objected, so i used it.

i expected exactly this to happen. thats why i bugged you so long with asking. if you want someone to stick to a rule you should state that rule when specifically asked about it and not just ignore the question.

if you feel disappointed, please not about me.

Leave a comment:

• Gavrushka
    replied
    Math.. Ice (who is still banned) had the saves checked... You were using the mine under city trick.. No one else was.. And Stephan, myself and Ice agree we had said no tricks.

You kept mentioning farm under city trick and even though this was said not to be used you did in fairness say you were going to use it.. On an Island game this is not such a big thing.. BUT mine under city is a game breaker.. It gives about a 25% hike in prod for size 3 cities working two ocean one mountain.

Myself, Stephan and Ice feel a little disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    finally my MP game works.
    thanks blackice !
    now if you could help me figure out how to play over LAN.

playing with Gavrushka, Blackice and Azrael yesterday night.
    i learned something called "pathtracking". if you have a ship with an active unit aboard and drag the mouse cursor into unexplored area, you will see a short green line if the cursor passes over land, instead of the usual yellow line.
    this way you can spot land more easily. not the size of it though, as there will always be just one green line element.
    no wonder these guys prefer to play newbies like me on all-ocean worlds. LOL
    still i cant wait to see how this game goes on. got a slight lead in PG over Gav.

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
    \\It was a fine move of yours feeding hungry troll..

YOU'RE A GENIUS I SAY

Ok..now we are back on topic!! you're the genius of multiplaying strategy.
    you're sooo kind to me.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    just followed your Excellent tradition of formulating quotes. Quotes i say that fearless Leaders will use whilst tending to national Affairs and International Hobnobbing of which even the Moderators herein have never been a witness too
    \\Its your fault if you keep feeding me..

Ok..oh yes the Strategy..of CTP Multiplaying..

hmm

Now How can i tie this post in..

Ok..

In order for Trolldom to grow..

Make plenty of Grassland cities and river cities

GENIUS I SAY

Ok..now we are back on topic!!

[almsot that is!!
    ]
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    just followed your approved tradition of faking quotes.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied

not exactly.
    who on the picture are you ? I am the one on bottom ..well...right..I was on bottom where I feel most comfortable
    Oh..I am sorry Math...for a moment I thought you were one of my buddies..

Ok..NOW I understand you more!!

GT

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
    and 'ere is a pictjer of me 'n my frentz. d'ya recognyz ma ?

Grandpa Troll has attached this image:

not exactly.
    who on the picture are you ?

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    I cannot answer what I goosed; Maths..um..well..all of Math looked good.... I could have been more generous and say I was totally playing the field..!

But alas..I had to leave Apolyton for I couldnt leave the sheepalone
    !

Its Ok Gav..glad your back

But remember

NO MEANS NO!!!!

(Hugs Gav..hoping wont be misunderstood!!)

Ok Gav enjoy your Motorcycle ride with..um..your furry friend!

Peace

Grandpa "Too much time on my hands" Troll

EDIT: NO ANIMALS OR HUMANS WERE SPARED HUMILITATION IN THIS MONTH PYTHON PARODY!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied

I don't know if I am just an arrogant Brit with a Butthole known as pride.. On line I seem to be able to beat almost every lowlife American infidel.., or at least play a tight and close game.. I am a direct descendant of General Sir Bernard Law Montgomery..In PBEM you are what? A Pimple on my Beautiful British @r$e (in science Buttocks British Maximus Spreadius Wideus) ahead of me or behind me mark the spot I am British @r$e all over!! That has never happened to me before.. NEVER! For I am Britain GREAT Britain..hear me Roar!!
    Well Put Gav...Well put!!

Ok..I dont wanna argue with you so I agree with your quote..I am amazed you are so honest..but it is good AND refreshing!!

Peace

Grandpa "Political Press Officer of Trolldom "Troll
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• filix
    replied
    PW

I always use 100% of my production for Pw after mills or factories. For some turns till i get all my roads, mines,...

I dont build much roads or railway just at the really nessesary hexes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X