X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johny Cartonny
    replied
    Thanx (didn t know that you could have 70 cities under com and fas )
    Another question: When do you begin with producing public works?

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    well, johny, with slavers it is such a thing. if you dont have much to enslave, as is the case in some game setups, then building slavers is mostly a waste of production. but if used wisely, they can indeed be a force to be reckoned with. if you expect many small fights that you win, then having a slaver with the troops is certainly a good idea. also it is useful to concentrate as many slaves in one city as possible to have that super-city build the more expensive things.

as for the government change. both communism and fascism allow for 70 cities instead of the 40 of theocracy, so you can expand even further. often you will find yourself peacefully expanding to just below 40 cities and ready to go to war, but those precious enemy cities will push you over the top.
    also, communism is superb in production, fascim in military strength. and also vice versa they are still better or equal than theocracy.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Johny Cartonny
    Doesn t anybody uses slavers (for growth sake)?
    And why changing government to communism or fascism, and not holding on to theocracy?
    If anyone knows any good hints just let me know.
    thanx
    Actually..I would suggest staying in anarchy..

For real..you can have 1000 cities i believe?

Grandpa Troll
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Johny Cartonny
    replied
    Doesn t anybody uses slavers (for growth sake)?
    And why changing government to communism or fascism, and not holding on to theocracy?
    If anyone knows any good hints just let me know.
    thanx

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied
    Yes I simply wanted the test to go at best happiness rate. Growth was not an issue. As you know I usually try to maintain max food. That is to say slider to the left max.

Leave a comment:

• Gavrushka
    replied
    ICE Did you know that you had rations set at 10 under Theo?? Why would you do that??? Even with distant.. VERY distant cities a temple would be a fine build without dropping growth by a 1/3 for entire civ?

Leave a comment:

• Gavrushka
    replied

Thats right .. Let me put it another way... Mountains with advanced mines are a real big Gold Grabber!

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    i think he wanted to say that mountains are real big gold grabber, or that you become a real big gold grabber if you do this.

Leave a comment:

• checkMate
    replied
    Originally posted by Gavrushka
    It was about turn 90 I went from several techs behind ice to getting commie first.. Don't be fooled by goods creating science... LAND does too.. U work mountains and ocean and real big gold grabber.. The difference in land accounting as much for this as trade goods.. When I grabbed electricity and threw up the advanced mines science got moved about 20% higher. Easily paying for factories and all improvements... Anyone with a size 4+ city working advanced mines without market and bank there should be shot!
    What do you mean :"real big gold grabber"

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    i feel i have to play with you again next saturday

Leave a comment:

• Gavrushka
    replied
    I would never build a caravan before a Granary.. I think the granary is the fundamentally most important structure in the game, in essence halving growth time.. I WOULD now build caravans before aquaducts. Granary dictates city size later in the game. If you note in the games I play, I usually have the biggest cities as I always endeavour to get a Granary out between size 1 and 2 growth.. EVEN if this means slowing growth of city initially to make sure granary is ready on time.. And buying if necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    thanks for the link, hatschy.

"the strategy" you talked about, blackice, is building caravans early, before granary and aquaducts, right ?

Leave a comment:

• Gavrushka
    replied
    It was about turn 90 I went from several techs behind ice to getting commie first.. Don't be fooled by goods creating science... LAND does too.. U work mountains and ocean and real big gold grabber.. The difference in land accounting as much for this as trade goods.. When I grabbed electricity and threw up the advanced mines science got moved about 20% higher. Easily paying for factories and all improvements... Anyone with a size 4+ city working advanced mines without market and bank there should be shot!

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied
    Ok there ya go turn 93 was when commie happened, I waited 3 turns for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X