X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    Well, I am in a game where I am playing and learning but for real I got punked by being in between two greats Blackice and EPW..Epw you say?
    Who prey tell this be?

I say he is a very astute player and well..back to land..Unless there is a rush on needing ice..I am.well..you guess..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• berXpert
    replied
    I have had only one game where I can said other player did almost the same and I did win, that was in a dual duel game vs Quinns. In this type of game you play both sides, so you got good and bad land.

In my better land start I got a clear advantage: more cities, better army and started to kick him. In the other game I was just close to him and by the time he started to fight I had a good defence, after some turns of great battles I started to push him back. This way I did win in both games.

After review all saved turns I noted is important how to choose where to send your settlers because you need every turn to get a minimal advantage to your opponent.

Of course I have never played a game where I have a very bad land (desert or swamp) vs a very good land (river on forest), you can't win with this type of disadvantage.

Right now I have a game with Hastchy, at begining of game he told me he had double beaver and I got nothing, he suggested to restart if I feel that was a big advantage, I said go on. Game is close to end and I have the feeling I'll win in the very next 20-30 turns.

So to answer your question "if the other player has better land and they do the same do u win?", I can said up to now yes I win, but his better land never had been "very good" land olny a little better.

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied
    Mathemagician in other words, u loaded the game and added the patches provided by the manufacturer. Then u played....

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied
    berXpert while I have seen u win that way a few times now. I have to question if the other player has better land and they do the same do u win?

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied
    I can not find it, but it is simple, if it is not in the tutorial ask because it's more than likely not allowed, no slic, file modifications. No rush buy swap and no mine, farm under city trick. So tricks and mods are out so are third party cracks and or cheat programs.

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    could someone give me a link again to that thread about the do's and dont-do's of PBEM/MP, what is cheating and what not ?

Leave a comment:

• berXpert
    replied
    Why stop at 40 ? you just can have 32 + 32 = 64 and send settlers to the rigth place, by the time you want to found city 42 you are very close to communism, so I don't see why stop at 32 or 40.

Originally posted by blackice
    So rabbit people when do you stop making cities and making buildings etc?

Senario, 20 cities made four more about to happen, do you reset the original "first" cities to something other than settlers or do you keep going?

1+1=2, 2+2=4, 4+4=8, 8+8=16, then 8+8=16 total 32.
    You have posted the answer, first generation stop at the end of settler 5, second generation build 4 settlers, 3rd generation build 2 settlers, 4th generation build only 1 settler. By this time you are in turn 60 and have reached agricultural revolution.

Your capital finished his 5th settler by turn 40, so in 20 turns you got granery, acueduct and marketplace or being working on coliseum to swith for a mill in 5.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by blackice

So at 16 cities one should start building other than settlers in the original 8. Similarly the final 16, 8 should go to other than settlers. The final 8 would be toss up as commie increases the cities and by that time new trade or final trade is needed. Correct?

Or

1+1=2, 2+2=4, 2+2=4, 4+4=8, total 16 then 2+2=4 4+4=8 then 2+2=4 total 32 so 4+4=8 total forty.

The dropped rabbits have mills by this time so what's your formula? Which one do you think is more effective?
    I would simply offer a point to ponder. The original say 8 cities after having built 2 settlers each bring to twenty four, wouldnt you be better to build something else as it would take quite a bit for the original cities to move the settlers way on other side of the newer 16 cities. i guess i am picturing concentric circles, I say build on second ring but intitial should be on mills?

Ok..maybe i just missed da bus..just trying to follow?

Peace

Gramps
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied

So at 16 cities one should start building other than settlers in the original 8. Similarly the final 16, 8 should go to other than settlers. The final 8 would be toss up as commie increases the cities and by that time new trade or final trade is needed. Correct?

Or

1+1=2, 2+2=4, 2+2=4, 4+4=8, total 16 then 2+2=4 4+4=8 then 2+2=4 total 32 so 4+4=8 total forty.

The dropped rabbits have mills by this time so what's your formula? Which one do you think is more effective?

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Dimytes
    When number_of_cities + setttlers_in_production = 40

© Dimytes 2004
    Maybe watch out for LAND_NOT_SHARK_HAS_LARGE_APPETITE
    CAN_EAT_WABBITS_
    COEF_WABBIT_WASTE 0.025

Has no wabbit residue

Hey

A bear and a wabbit were in the woods both taking a bathroom break

The bear looks down at the rabbit.

He asks, "Thats real nice fur Mr. Rabbit, tell me, does anything stick to it?"

The Wabbit looks up at the big old bear and smiles innocently, answering" No sir,nothing and it is nice and soft too!"

"Good!" answered the bear and with that wiped his @$$ with the wabbit!

Peace

Gramps
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dimytes
    replied
    When number_of_cities + setttlers_in_production = 40

© Dimytes 2004

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied
    So rabbit people when do you stop making cities and making buildings etc?

Senario, 20 cities made four more about to happen, do you reset the original "first" cities to something other than settlers or do you keep going?

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied
    I suppose the riot risk is ok but it depends on the situation. For instance if you play like Gavrushka you have ample food for growth. That I may add is the way to go. I too do the temple route. The loss of production etc. civ wide is too great with enormous unhappiness.

You should make sure you have the food and make sure you have the happiness your civ then grows at 2x the opposit situation. Out produces, out grows, out performs in science 2x with happiness.

At a certain point in the game you should ponder moving the sliders to happiness untill the smaller cities catch up. With ample food it should not take long.

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    Is it possible to create a SLIC file that automatically places surplus citizens as workers instead of entertainers ?
    If so, would it be legal to use ? (if configured to only affect any player who wants to use it of course)

Is there a general listing of all the data fields you can use in SLIC files ?

Leave a comment:

• Mathemagician
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBirdMan
    The other thing I had in mind happens, if a new settler is created AND the food-stock goes to Zero AND the "old" city goes rioting. Then starving destroys the old city.
    why should the city be rioting if it loses 1 population ? only if it had happiness less than 72 before.
    but it can also happen without riots. for example the if the 2-size city has one citizen on a food tile and one on mountain, the game will leave the remaining citizen on mountain (unless the other tile had a trade good i think). now, if the gained food is too little and the slider settings are too high, the city will starve too.

Originally posted by Gavrushka
    When I build a city a distance from my capitol, and I am unsure what the happiness will we, I change the sliders for that turn.. It is an obvious thing to do.
    thats right.

Originally posted by Gavrushka
    ALSO if I am building a city where it is happiness 73, I will build a temple before settler so it will not drop to 72 as it grows.. Again an obvious thing to do!
    hmm i usually just adjust the sliders some more, up until middle of rations slider. except if a only low percentage of my cities are rioting (usually 72 happiness). then i accept the riot risk. the city will go back to happy anyway with one less citizen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X