This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackice
    J Bytheway ok what you refer to is when setting the game up right? But once the game turn has been played and sent off it no longer works, correct?
    That's correct, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician
      i see. any easy way to create a new scenario that simply includes two or more other scenarios in a kind of command file ?
      This can be done by using the "#include" directive. A SLIC file can include code that resides in other files by writing
      #include "[filename]"
      (like in the C programming language). So if you want to mix for example the OFT and the NoAIs scenarios, you can do the following:
      - rename the "scenario.slc" file of the NoAIs scenario to "NoAIs.slc"
      - copy the file to the "OneFreeTech\scen0000\default\gamedata" folder of the OFT scenario
      - add the line #include "NoAIs.slc" to the "scenario.slc" file of the OFT scenario
      The file should then look like

// some comments ...
      #include "oft_slic.slc"
      #include "NoAIs.slc"

Of course this works only if the trigger, variable and other names used in the code are different in both scenarios (wich is the reason why all the OFT names start with "oft" ).

Comment

• thanks hatschy.
        but i was thinking about the very simple variant where you make a new scenario, which you just modify by including all the scenario data you want in any given case, for example:

in mix_scenario/scen0000/default/gamedata/scenario.slc:

#include "../../../../OneFreeTech/scen0000/default/gamedata/scenario.slc"
        #include "../../../../NoAIs/scen0000/default/gamedata/scenario.slc"

would that work ?
        Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
        O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• and how do you get those super league, democracy game, ... symbols beside your user name ?

Comment

• Well, I tried that first, but it didn't work. I got some syntax errors .

Comment

and how do you get those super league, democracy game, ... symbols beside your user name ?
              Join some groups. Each has its own symbol.

Comment

• Originally posted by hatschy
                Well, I tried that first, but it didn't work. I got some syntax errors .
                did you try the slashes both ways (/ \)?

Comment

did you try the slashes both ways (/ \)?
                  Ok I tried that now and backslashes work better than slashes, BUT the OFT scenario includes another file and that one cannot be not found by CtP, unless you also add the "..\..\..\..\OneFreeTech\scen0000\default\gamedata\" prefix to that include statement. So for being able to combine scenarios that way, it should be a rule for all scenario writers to add such a prefix to all their #include statements .

Comment

• hmmm. at least it is possible, right ?

Comment

• Yes, it's possible.

Comment

• Uh oh .... Looks like the ladder has been truncated. Has anyone seen the CTP PBEM Challenge ladder? When I try to view it, it is gone.

Comment

• must have been a temporary problem. when i view it i see 22 members.

Comment

• What do you mean "members"?

Comment

• ...participating people...

Comment

• Where do you get that information? Which screen and where?

Comment

Working...
                                X