Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

In the ONE FREE TECH GAME

i DIED IN TURN 15

SIMPLY awesful..dreadful

I got zapped and am no mas

Peace

Grandpa "Dead - n- gone" Troll
      well, i wish i could claim that my rail launched slavers were responsible, but alas it seems to be a game bug.
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Re: CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder -- Feb 2004

Originally posted by quinns
        41. Chlg 41 Mieciofok vs. Mathemagician; Started Feb-2003 -- In progress.
        anyone heard of Mieciofok recently ?

Comment

• Re: Re: CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder -- Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mathemagician

anyone heard of Mieciofok recently ?
          Not since july 2003 .
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder -- Feb 2004

Originally posted by TheBirdMan

Not since july 2003 .
            great !
            any chance he will come back at all ?

Comment

• I was going to ask Quinns to cancel my game with him, but I was embarrassed to do so because Mieciofok was kicking my tail.
              If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

• I have mailed him twice last summer - the mails didn't come back from a postmaster, so I assume his account was active. But he didn't answer my mails, so I guess that is a "No, Meiciofok does not come back".
                First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• so what do we do with the games against him ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician
                    so what do we do with the games against him ?
                    They are treated as any other "abandoned game". That is, neither a win nor a loss is recorded -- the game is just cancelled.

Choose your opponents carefully in PBEM Challenges. Some PBEM games take a lot of work to complete. It's a shame if someone just up and disappears without at least "resigning" the game first. I can understand having to leave, but at least have the fortitude to "RESIGN" your games when leaving, instead of just disappearing.

The above describes the current way of handling disappearing players. However, we can take a vote here if you all want to make "abondoned" games VICTORIES for the remaining player. What do you all think? Shall we have a vote?

Comment

• i say yes, you may ask if we want a vote on whether we should vote on this question.

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns

They are treated as any other "abandoned game". That is, neither a win nor a loss is recorded -- the game is just cancelled.

Choose your opponents carefully in PBEM Challenges. Some PBEM games take a lot of work to complete. It's a shame if someone just up and disappears without at least "resigning" the game first. I can understand having to leave, but at least have the fortitude to "RESIGN" your games when leaving, instead of just disappearing.

The above describes the current way of handling disappearing players. However, we can take a vote here if you all want to make "abondoned" games VICTORIES for the remaining player. What do you all think? Shall we have a vote?
                        Two questions:

#1-Does a duel-dual count as "ONE" or "TWO" Victories?

#2-Will thou proclaim a day of feasting on the fatted calf in honor of Grandpa Troll being "DA MAN" with his running off MPTeach?

Grandpa "Feel-like-but-NOT-Sherriff Buford T.Pusser" Troll
                        Attached Files
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I say it should be a victory after a certain turn, maybe after turn 100, so games that you have put time into are wins and new games are not.
                          :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Protoss72000
                            I say it should be a victory after a certain turn, maybe after turn 100, so games that you have put time into are wins and new games are not.
                            But then a person plays a frickin low-life L-O-S-E-R!!!!! and gets real close then decides..nope..I am bailing...

why shouldn't a person NOT get a Victory?

I say if a person starts a game then loses,quits,retires, bellies-up give the other person the win and move on...

Peace

Grandpa "The-unforgiving-one"Troll
                            Attached Files
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• IF we were to use what protoss suggests, i would say let the rule apply from turn 20 on.
                              yeah, switch the 100 from that with the 20 from the 4xPG rule.

Comment

• If they quit after like 5 turns then you would just get a really cheap win. That's why I said maybe a set number of turns need to be played first.
                                :)

Comment

Working...
                                X