Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as both players have resonable starting positions, then game away! Your land, what the ruins give you, that random barb that got lucky and burned your city to the ground, it's all part of the game, it is a strategy game and things like how many units you have or what your land is can be compensated for with superior strategy then your opponent.
    :)

Comment

• i doubt that a superior strategy with such good comparable players around can have that much on an effect.
      anyway, counting 2 games instead of 1 compensates the random factor even further.
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Using massive mounted warriors to rip apart an empires pw system, instead of attacking cities. You can outrun 1 move units and run off from 2 move units. If they follow you just run to some other units, group and attack.

Sending a fleet all the way around someones island to land way behind there front lines for a suprise attack.

All superior strategy that can change games (I have seen it happen). The Romans never suspected they would be attacked from behind by Carthage through the alps
        :)

Comment

• still statistics dictates that two games will compensate randomness better than one game could.

err.. what was my original point ?
          ah, yes: everyone have a look at my suggesion.

Comment

• Hey, Blackice!

Have you recieved my latest mails about challenge game? I have had some problems getting through to you before. Have you sent me any mails after 2004-03-27?

©Dimytes 2004

Comment

• Challenge from Mathemagician accpeted and started.
              Victory condition 4xPG past turn 100 or alien life project.

©Dimytes 2004
              Last edited by Dimytes; April 2, 2004, 17:01.

Comment

• 88. Chlg 88 Dimytes vs. Mathemagician; Started Apr-2004 -- In progress.

Comment

• 4xPG for 2 turns instead of 1, if i may add this, but it seems rather unimportant as Dimytes is sure to have it by turn 80 anyway.

Comment

• Dimytes yes I did I had three days at my sis's house so I was away for a bit. You forgot the no ai patch DoH!

Tell me I'm wrong!

Your wrong

Look to the multiplayer strategy thread.
                    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                    Or do we?

Comment

• Doh, one day I will make it right....

Ok No AI mod game with special limited edition of Dimytes stupidity is incoming any day !

©Dimytes 2004

Comment

• welcome to the human race.

Perfection is a perfume is it not?
                        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                        Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
                          welcome to the human race.

Perfection is a perfume is it not?
                          ...well...much like perfume..perfection,while appealing, makes ya choke on what it takes to get your top peak performace, for perfection is often, in the eyes of a regemented few, often those whom set standards but fail to meet up to the standards themselves...

Peace

Grandpa "Waxing~Whimsically"Troll
                          Attached Files
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Too true
                            Or do we?

Comment

• Blackice, have you recieved turn 0 yet? I have resent it twice by now.

©Dimytes 2004

Comment

• I concede to Mathemagician at turn 101. He has about a 25% lead or more, but it is about to increase dramatically I think. I can smell the defeat, and it is rancid with it's age. He's been taking all of my new cities, after my slavers in them build up population for his harvesting.

Well done Math, you bastard.

Comment

Working...
                                X