Ricketyclick vs Dimytes

©Dimytes 2004

All Hail...King Dimytes
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
        All Hail...King Dimytes
        You're getting ahead of yourself - he's only a Warlord at the moment .

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway

You're getting ahead of yourself - he's only a Warlord at the moment .

But we all know that a King could be in Stature..not merely a title..

Attached Files

Comment

• Spatacus = Charlton Heston..... I see.

Last year I have read all the books abuot "A Roman Family" by Colleen McCullough. From Marius to Sulla to Ceasar to Antonius/Octavian.

About "The slaughter" Pompaius father.

About Spatacus' rebeillion, where he won several battles against unprepared roman legions.... where Crassus decimied a defefeated roman army to raise the moral of the army (or more likely to get the poor soldiers to fear their general more than the enemy). And much more.

About Ceasars X-sifing of 5000 pirates.

About Ceasars let .... I am not sure .... but let a whole citys polulation killed just because they wouldn't surrender without fight.

And about much more, telling that the brutality and terror in the new "Jesus" movie was nothing but normal to that time.
            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• The Guinness World Records Official site with ultimate record-breaking facts & achievements. Do you want to set a world record? Are you Officially Amazing?

this is a link for the longest current reign of a "king"

why even I have been King for sometime..

"King" of my small kingdom..my little "Trolldom" so to speak...

and yes Birdy you too

are a King of your own Castle....

BUT..one monkey dont hold up the show and alas..many Kings.many thrones..many scepters have been carried,passed and broken and trodden asunder...

But for now...we say the Dimytes..why..this here Root Beer (A & W or even Hires) is for you..you Multiplier Supremo Factor to the 5th power..
              Go get 'em champ..

From a beaten-down-but-will-recover-his pride

Peace

Grandpa Troll
              Attached Files

Comment

• I thought of a question while doing so of the pbem on here. If your enemy gets 4X on the point graph must you give up? The reason I ask is because of the way I play and the way the point graph works.

I have a tendency on very large maps to just pump settlers/phalanx for a long time and get alot of cities and do mass pw during that time, making my empire very strong in the long run but weak in the short run. The problem is that if my enemy goes to a war (with ai) or something and makes alot of troops, the pg shows them way above me (about 4X).

I had a game recently like this where he appeared to be way ahead of me, but once I got to musket/cavalry and I pumped them out I went right up the pg and passed him cause I had mass cities with a good pw system making me really strong.

Just wondering cause I would hate to lose a game cause I used a different strategy
                :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Protoss72000
                  I thought of a question while doing so of the pbem on here. If your enemy gets 4X on the point graph must you give up? The reason I ask is because of the way I play and the way the point graph works.

I have a tendency on very large maps to just pump settlers/phalanx for a long time and get alot of cities and do mass pw during that time, making my empire very strong in the long run but weak in the short run. The problem is that if my enemy goes to a war (with ai) or something and makes alot of troops, the pg shows them way above me (about 4X).

I had a game recently like this where he appeared to be way ahead of me, but once I got to musket/cavalry and I pumped them out I went right up the pg and passed him cause I had mass cities with a good pw system making me really strong.

Just wondering cause I would hate to lose a game cause I used a different strategy
                  I can answer for me and me only kind questionaire....

I have quit a couple games because not only was I that far behind..but had absolutely no idea how to recover against Dimytes..still dont..but trying to learn..I have never been whooped that bad that quickly..I have been spanked before just not that bad that quickly..

he was not only ahead in PG standing..but in population count and science...so as to how he got that far ahead..It is beyond me..I app0reciate being humbled by him..and learned much...its just that I have been whooped say in science..but not in 3 categories...

AND often he had the very same improvements in many cities as I did..

If I was say behind in mere cities..or even only in science..I would hang in..but when all is said and done..I have given my best efforts and have found myself that far behind the curve.....I have wasted enough time..I gladly give him the nod and move on.

The next time we played I faired somewhat better...HOWEVER..same results..just a little later in the game...

I did learn much and it has helped me....

Just I would as soon have fun playing..and as much time as it takes to play this PBEM..I will be darned if I am gonna play and NOT have a chance...

Peace

Hope this helps...

Grandpa Troll
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Protoss72000 -- If that is your style, you should state that you want to nullify the 4xPG victory before your match begins. If your opponent agrees, then the 4XPG victory does not apply.

Comment

• well Dimytes has done it again i surrender due to overwelling force at turn 143 and almost 3x on the graph. i see the hand writting on the wall. he's rolling over me like someone rolling over a stinken AI.

challenge rematch started mil vs dimytes
                      I heard a loud voice, I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! It's rider was named Death, and hades was following close behind him. They were given power over one fourth of the earth to kill by the sword, famine and plague.
                      Revelation 6:8

Comment

• Congratulations Dimytes! -- Ladder updated.

Comment

• Seems like "A Scandinavian Challenge" is getting closer.

Skåne, Halland og Blekinge skal igen blive danske!
                          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• But the Danish only manged to hold them for a short while, the history will repeat it self. The Swedish vikings will yet again show their superiority to the Danish (vikings???).

©Dimytes 2004
                            Last edited by Dimytes; March 22, 2004, 16:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimytes
                              But the Danish only manged to hold them for a short while, the history will repeat it self. The Swedish vikings will yet again show their superiority to the Danish (vikings???).
                              Was that a challenge?

Gandhi

Comment

• Yup, consider it as a challenge.
                                I have my forces gathered in Skåne allready, just awaiting your declaration of war. You seem to be aware of your history so you probably knew what happened last time Denmark declared war vs Sweden...

©Dimytes 2004
                                Last edited by Dimytes; March 22, 2004, 16:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X