X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mathemagician
    - 4xPG only after turn 100
    Ok with me.
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Just curious, what ever happened to this game?

That is, as I have a Lien on this property
      I think there isn´t coming a game, mpteach isn´t even in the ladder anymore.
      The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
      - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• Originally posted by Pave

I think there isn´t coming a game, mpteach isn´t even in the ladder anymore.
        Yeah...he starts like he wants to but then ~poof~ he be gone..

I tried to "mold him" and teach him..but alas Grandpa Troll couldnt help me little long nosed fiend

I attached a training session of me and him..just to prove I did try...

Grandpa "Not Jepeto" Troll
        Attached Files
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Yeah...he starts like he wants to but then ~poof~ he be gone..

I tried to "mold him" and teach him..but alas Grandpa Troll couldnt help me little long nosed fiend

I attached a training session of me and him..just to prove I did try...

Grandpa "Not Jepeto" Troll
          Perhaps mpTeach finally really really did become a real boy Jepeto?
          If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by checkMate

Perhaps mpTeach finally really really did become a real boy Jepeto?
            Yup..I just found a picture of Him and me..well..he kinds "GREW" up..physically at least...

Grandpa "With-his-little~buddy" Troll
            Attached Files

Comment

• Dimytes challenged again for a revanche.
              conditions to be decided later on...
              a dual duel would be nice, but i still have the problem i mentioned above with the dual duel format.

---

also, here is another suggestion of how to handle the "both players (e.g. aggressive/peaceful) win one game each" situation for the dual duel format:

option #1
              when one of the two games is won, not the turn number is taken as the criterion for the winner, but rather the civ scores are compared.
              for example if player A wins game 1 on turn X, but has a lower civ score in game 1 than player B has in game 2 on turn X, player B would win the match.

overall criteria:
              player A wins game 1 on turn X -> higher civ score (A: game 1, B: game 2) on turn X wins the match

option #1b
              as player A may have the higher civ score in game 2 too, in which case it would be unfair for him to lose the match, the sum of civ scores in both games may be used alternatively.

overall criteria
              player A wins game 1 on turn X -> higher sum of civ score on turn X of both games wins the match

option #2
              instead of player B instantly winning the match, game 2 is finished as well. if player A wins this one too he is the winner of the match. however, if player B then wins game 2, in order to avoid a draw, the civ score comparison of option #1b is made, with the relevant time being turn X.

overall criteria:
              player A wins game 1 on turn X -> if he has the higher (>=) sum of civ scores of both games on turn X, he instantly wins the match, as even if if player B won game 2, player A would win the match. else game 2 continues as normal.
              player A wins game 2 -> player A wins the match (2:0)
              player B wins game 2 -> player B wins the match, as he had the higher civ score on turn X when player A won game 1.

---

thank you for reading and im looking forward to hearing opinions on that.
              Last edited by Mathemagician; March 30, 2004, 19:18.
              Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
              O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Math, I think we should leave the dual-duel "standard" format the way it is -- that is first to win a game, wins the match. However, you may set up your victory conditions in whatever fashion you like, that is agreed upon by both the players before the match begins.

Same with the 4xPG. Players should agree beforehand when the 4xPG should take effect in their particular game -- whether it is turn 20, 40, 100, or 200, or never.

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns
                  Math, I think we should leave the dual-duel "standard" format the way it is -- that is first to win a game, wins the match. However, you may set up your victory conditions in whatever fashion you like, that is agreed upon by both the players before the match begins.

Same with the 4xPG. Players should agree beforehand when the 4xPG should take effect in their particular game -- whether it is turn 20, 40, 100, or 200, or never.
                  (In my best Lionel Barrymore (a.k.a. Potter from ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE )

Now see here..I too have an opinion and its contained in the following post..seems I cant or wont be allowed two attachments in a single post..well..I'll do two posts to explaian myself..we been losing too much time with this ..this..charity duel dual..I have a solution..soon..sonn..I'll own CTP & Apolyton and you pathetic people will play by my rules..THEN we'll see who wins what..

..hmmm..not bad..that is if you saw the movie and can remember the old banker whom ran the town of Bedford Falls....

Grandpa "Just a movie buff"Troll
                  Attached Files

Comment

• ..Ok..heres what I say..when a person Wins..he must share the wealth of knowledge and tell us how he/she did it..to make the rest of us more "enlightened"..

This way we all improve through others experiences..

Peace

Grandpa "Thinks-I-Have-a-Great duel-dual-@ hand"Troll
                    Attached Files

Comment

• But ... They will not listen. They will not listen! Nor will they ask. In my experiences with CTP, the majority of players do not care to know what you did to defeat them, for they KNOW that their strategy is superior and that you just got LUCKY or did something on the verge of CHEATING to beat them. Tell me I'm wrong!

Comment

• Troll = CopyCat !
                        My lawyers will contact you in our next game !

©Dimytes 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimytes
                          Troll = CopyCat !
                          My lawyers will contact you in our next game !

©Dimytes 2004
                          I seen one of 'em recently.even got a picture to prove it!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• in an attempt to sum up my detailed suggestion, the basic idea is this:

option 1:
                            civ score counts at the moment the first game ends
                            option 1b:
                            both civ scores count
                            option 2:
                            (both) civ scores are a tie-breaker for the case each player wins 1 game

even if it doesnt got into the challenge ladder defaults, i felt like simplifying the suggestion would make it easier for everyone to choose if they want to use it for their dual duel games.

Comment

• I have always wondered why you guys just don't use the basic wins: build alien life, destroy your enemy or force there surrender. Then a win is a win.
                              :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Protoss72000
                                I have always wondered why you guys just don't use the basic wins: build alien life, destroy your enemy or force there surrender. Then a win is a win.
                                yes, but if you play two games in a match (dual duel) and both players win one game, who wins the match ?

Comment

Working...
                                X