Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And there you have it! But, Lung, what is "uni"? UNIversity?

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns
      And there you have it! But, Lung, what is "uni"? UNIversity?
      Of course! What else would it be?

What, you think Lung's too stupid to go to uni? I'm ejumacated, i tell ya!

Comment

• UNIversal Studios, UNIc Studies, United Nations Invitational, ... Could be anything! And, no, I don't think you're stupid... A little slow in the head, maybe, but not STUPID! I wouldn't be that rude!!

Comment

• ..This is my Grage-ashun pixtur..ugh..when i done got thru 6th grad!

Ugh..thats my hier lernin fer ya!

Peace

Grandpa "Luvin-da-learnin" Troll
          Attached Files
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

And there you have it! But, Lung, what is "uni"? UNIversity?
            Surely you've seen enough TV to know that USians call it "college" Lung?

Btw Quinns, here a college is the name of a dormitory/frat.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik

Surely you've seen enough TV to know that USians call it "college" Lung?

Btw Quinns, here a college is the name of a dormitory/frat.
              I see. But we also call it "university" ... just not "uni". Does anybody else in the world call it "uni" or is that just an Australian expression?

Comment

• I think Germans says so too. But they are just as strange as Austrailians.

Comment

• The Brits call it Uni too (at least, I do). Here the distinction between University and College is subtle but significant...

Comment

• It's a UNI in Denmark too. But the place where the students lives (if the location is for students only) is called a college (kollegie in danish).
                    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• So... It is the United States who is out of step with the rest of the world ... AGAIN! We love acronyms here (e.g. ASAP, PDQ, AOK, ETA, ECD, MRP, ERP, etc. ... ad nauseam), but we don't shorten the names of things like the Brits and Aussies do (e.g. tele, barby, uni, ... etc.). I don't know why, exactly.

Comment

• In spanish we also said "Uni" refering to university...

like "nos vemos en la uni" = "see you at university"

Comment

So... It is the United States who is out of step with the rest of the world ... AGAIN! We love acronyms here (e.g. ASAP, PDQ, AOK, ETA, ECD, MRP, ERP, etc. ... ad nauseam), but we don't shorten the names of things like the Brits and Aussies do (e.g. tele, barby, uni, ... etc.). I don't know why, exactly.
                          also at Apolyton we call this thread jacking..since this is called PBEM Challenge..

But more closely its called:

Peace

Grandpa "Enforcing-da-rules-whilst-Solver-is-away"Troll..

or otherwise known as a previously convicted-but-served-time@ Solver-Hall-Reformist!!
                          Attached Files
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I see the point GrandPa.

See you all in Solver Hall .
                            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice

Hardly i'll get one going today.

Add another one to the list Quinns

Nuke email so I can get your current address ok?
                              Pete,

My email address inNuke Boy

Lets get started Oops
                              Let me explain something to you..... I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. - The Big Lebowski(1998)

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

also at Apolyton we call this thread jacking..since this is called PBEM Challenge..

But more closely its called:

Peace

Grandpa "Enforcing-da-rules-whilst-Solver-is-away"Troll..

or otherwise known as a previously convicted-but-served-time@ Solver-Hall-Reformist!!
                                I'd rather see an active thread that is sometimes off topic, than a dormant one that is always on topic! But that is just my opinion. Let Solver send my sorry arse to Solver Hall if he wants!

Comment

Working...
                                X