Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works fine for me (IE Win98). BTW Mark, the "CurrentProgress" part on the main page looks a bit old. I am not sure it's been updated sine I first saw it...
    Edited: I reproduce the .js problem on Netscape (from a solaris box).
    Last edited by LDiCesare; May 31, 2002, 05:29.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Thanks Laurent, I'll update that when I get a chance. At least now its on my web site todo list...
      Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
      Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

I'm gonna introduce myself. I'm one of the new web masters, along with Urban Ranger.

I myself am a professional web designer and HTML coder. I've been doing this professionally for about six years, most recently at www.c2it.com for Citibank. I've been doing IT work of one sort or another for 8 and 1/2 years. You can take a look at my personal site at www.enteract.com/~absynthe. You should get a good idea of my personal style there.

Straybow, can you tell me which site you visted; clash.apolyton.net or the mirror?

The very first thing we're going to do is fix which ever problems Mark throws at us. But we will soon be identifying new problems (such as the file sizes of the pages), and seeing what we can do to fix them.

Right now the design of the site seems okay for its target audience, coders, so I see no reason to run out and redesign the entire site, at this time. There are definately things we can do to speed up loading time and make the site flow better, and we'll talk about hose more in depth later, after UR and I've gone over the place with a fine tooth comb.

One thing that's important is feedback from y'all, since you're the ones who use the site. What do you have problems with, what do you think could be improved, what do you think is just plain nuts, and what works?
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hi Che, thanks for being willing to share the co-Webmaster job with Urban Ranger. Your work is great stuff, and I'm looking forward to what you can do with the site!

I want to clarify that the website has two main functions in my mind. The first is to act as a resource for team members, as you mentioned. But the second, and equally important function, is for it to serve as a recruiting tool that shows we are serious and motivated group. Hopefully at some point will need a fan site too, but that's quite aways in the future .
          A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Che in the Clash team! Woohoo!

Btw Mark, I've got both the 7.2 and the 7.3 versions and played a bit of Delenda with the first. I haven't posted anything due to lack of time. I will have to find some time and do a thorough job of it.
            "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
            George Orwell

Comment

Thanks Axi, looking forward to hearing what you have to say! If bugs occur, please try to get a stack trace (run the batch file with error log in the name, and look in the error.txt file). A lot of bugs fixes and small features implementations are being put in right now, so the testbed 7.4 version, probably out this weekend, should be siginifcantly better.

Cya,

Mark

Comment

Haven't found any bug yet that's not already mentioned. Have played dawn too. I have a couple of things to point out, but I'd like to organise them a bit. Most disturbing is that I can't get to fulfill the victory conditions in any of the two scenarios.
                "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                George Orwell

Comment

Sorry Axi, the victory conditions definitely don't work in Testbed 7.3. Maybe by 7.4! Gary has gotten a lot of stuff done recently, and hopefully I'll be able to achieve quite a bit over the weekend too.

Comment

Anything new for me to put up?

MarkG doesn't seem to want to answer me when I ask questions. Do you know whether we can turn the clash.apolyton website on again?
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hi Che:

Sorry Markos is ignoring you Are you sure the email you're using is up to date?

I think its all ready to run. If you put new content in it will replace the redirects and the site should work as intended. One redirect works off the intro page (http://clash.apolyton.net), and one works off one of the frames pages (http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml). I don't recall what the name of the intro page is, but it should be there as _old or something at a guess. It is one with just a Big logo. You can see what it looks like by going to the analgous address at the cullivan.com site.

Gotta run... Let me know if that wasn't enough info

Thanks for pushing forward on this. Nothing big to go up right now, but I'm Hoping we can get D7 out soon!

Comment

I think it would be a good idea to put the demo on the web site and the Demo7 speech Mark put in the Demo7 Comments and bugs, then put some ads somewhere when that is done (Off Topic forum, and through MarkG). Mark, did you ever do an article for the Apolyton newsletters? It might be worth it just to get some interest?
                        Clash of Civilization team member
                        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Hi Laurent:

Good suggestions. Most of them are already on my list of things to do! I wrote an article years ago, and was planning on putting out another after the launch of D7. I'll do what I can on all these, but my time is short this week, so I can't promise I'll get it all done. Especially the article. There are other issues on the article too, which you'll see below.

In terms of advertising, I'd like to see what we get from the ordinary Apolyton announcement of D7 which I'm hoping will be put up shortly. I also don't want to strongly push the advertisement until after I return from vacation so I can be active in answering questions etc.

Comment

The Clash of Civilizations website at Apolyton is back on.

The next task is to go through and clean up all the HTML, which should slim down the file size of the pages, and make it much easier to edit them in the future.

Comment

Thanks Che, that's Great!

Comment

Design Proposal 1

Idea number 1.

This is a more straightforward professional design. A place for everything and everything in its place. The menu pops up as it is scrolled over. The triangles on the right scroll the text area. There's a spot for quickly downloading the newest files. The photo on the left would switch between a set of different conquerors randomly open loading.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by chequita guevara; December 20, 2002, 20:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X