X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Need a Webmaster!

Anybody interested?

Dom has been sidelined for months, so its time to at least find a co-webmaster. If the present situation continues I expect someone who works out would become the official webmaster. There are Many updates that need to be made.

If you're interested, respond here or by email.

BTW FTP access to the site isn't available right now, so I can't do even the most vital updates myself. The admins know about the problem, and Hopefully it'll be cleared up shortly.

-Mark
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Email Upgrade requests to Dom

I just heard from Dom, and he says he's back in the web site upgrade business. But a lot of stuff has gone missing in his email. So its best to re-send anything you want changed or posted. Send to the address a few posts above.

Thanks,

Mark

PS if anyone wants to look over the web site and identify deadlinks, out-of date stuff etc, it would be Greatly appreciated. And we're still looking for a co-webmaster!
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Project Status Page

Dom and I are working on updating the web site. So far it is just the mirror, since neither of us have access to the one at Apolyton.

I've written up a new Status page, long overdue. There is a lot of stuff here, so If I've missed something big, or badly mischaracterized something seriousl, please let me know. If anyone has comments or criticisms, you can check it out at the link below. I've also copied the text below that.

http://cullivan.com/coc/misc/clash-status.shtml

New Status page text:

This hasn't got a lot of specifics in it yet. Where we do have information its in the following format:

{coordinator (if we have one), and who else is working in that area -- N = people needed}
        Sub-areas with {} means same people as heading one level up

[specific status goals and timing]
        P = Pre-Alpha means something that works but not sufficiently refined.
        A = Alpha means reasonably close to a complete implementation
        Dx = slated for Demo x. Mostly we only plan one or two ahead
        [blank] more than two demos away, unless that Right person shows up! :-)

Team Memebers: If you think you're coordinating or working on something and you're not listed, let me know and I'll fix the oversight. These topics vary broadly in the amount of work involved. Some sub-items will require several dedicated people, for others one person probably can do several.

Overall {Mark}

I. Design / Art

Interface: Low-level guts of the main map interface {Gary, Stian} [A]
        > Main Interface and Main Map {Stian, Gary} [A]
        > Army Assembly/ Combat Info {Gary} [A]
        > Economy / Trade / Merchants {Mark, Gary} [P]
        > Government / Internal Politics {Mark, Gary} [P]
        > Cultures {Mark, Gary} [P]
        > Diplomacy {N} [D8]
        > Technological / Social Advancement {Gary} [D7]

Graphics: {Stian, Gary, N} [P]
        > Main Interface Layout and Art {Stian} [P]
        > Map Terrain Tiles {Stian} [P]
        > City Tiles {N} [P]
        > Army Graphics {Stian, N} [P]
        > Other Interface Art (many interfaces) {N}
        > Misc. (Logo Art for web page, manual…) {N}

Military: {Gary, Laurent} [A, P] (Coding and Design Status Combined)
        > Strategic Issues (mobilization, etc.) {Gary, Mark}
        > Movement & Supply Rules {Gary, Laurent, Mark} [P]
        > Ground Combat {} [A]
        > Naval & Air Combat {Gary, Laurent, N}
        > Specific Units (+ unit design system if we do it) {Laurent, Gary}

Economy: {Mark} [P, but fairly far along] (Coding and Design Status Combined)
        > Basic Market-Based System {} [A]
        > Infrastructure {Mark, Axi} [P]
        > Special Resources {} [P]
        > Trade / Merchants {} [P]

Social Model: {roquijad}
        Governments {} [A]
        Cultures {} [A]
        Riots (Happiness) {} [A]

Diplomacy: {Mikael} [P]

Technological / Social Advancement: {Richard, Lord God Jinnai} [P, but far along]

Scenario and Customization Abilities: {Laurent, Gary, N} [P]
        > Map Editor {}
        > Scenario Editor {}

Manual / Help Files / Tutorials {Mark, Desperately Need Someone!}

Multiplayer Issues {N}

> Map Generation Model {Gary, N}
        > Wonders (?) or other Player-interest features {LGJ, N}
        > Disease & Natural Disasters Model {Simon}

> Characters {Lord God Jinnai}

> AI {Mark}

II. Coding: {Gary}

Interfaces: {Gary} [A, P]

Graphics Handling Routines {Gary} [A, P]

Military: See under Design above

Economy: See under Design above

Social: {Mark}
        Governments {} [D7]
        Cultures {} [D7]
        Riots (Happiness) {} [D7]

Diplomacy: {N, Desperately!}

Technological / Social Advancement: {Gary} [D7]

Scenario and Customization Abilities: {Gary, Laurent} [D8]

Multiplayer {N}

Customization and I/O Protocols {Gary, Chris Maeda, N}

General Tools {Gary}

Map Generator {Gary}

Disease {N, but not high priority}

Demo(6 out; working on #7): {Gary, Laurent, Mark}

AI Coding {Gary}
        Unit Pathing {} [A]
        Map AI {Jim Cockram code, old} [P]
        Diplomatic AI {}
        Military Sector AI {} [D7]
        Economic AI {}
        Government / Culture AI {}
        Overall Strategy {}

Feels-Right Features (Civs that behave like real people) { N }

III. Clash Web Site {John Maez (Dom), Need a Co-Webmaster!}

http://cullivan.com/coc/misc/clash-status.shtml

Comment

Hi Mark,

If you want I could get back my old job of manual guy - I read the forum everyday and I should be able to do it, I just don't have a lot of time to contribute in the forum...
          Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

That's Great Chris!

You've made my day Glad to have you back!

My suggested plan of attack:
            I will send you the D6 manual I did... Can you get D6, and run it through its paces, and then Improve the Manual? Axi especially was critical of it, so maybe you can get from him what he thinks it needs most. By the time you've updated the D6 manual, and maybe thrown in a tutorial or two, we will hopefully be closing in on D7. I can send you, and maybe Axi, advance copies, and you can get the new parts for the D7 manual going. You can look in the D7&8 planning thread to see what's coming. Lots of Good stuff!

Thanks again!

Mark

Comment

No problem
              Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

Since the Clash website can be updated at Kull's site, I suggest that we post some new screenshots from the game, showing the roads, the fog-of-war and the general interface.

I also doubt the usefulness of that poll we have there. We should either change it or post some useful polls in here...

edit: The manual is something I could help with, but don't count on me right now, since Real Life is panting at my heels. I'd love to have the next demo in advance.
                Last edited by axi; January 21, 2002, 21:58.
                "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                George Orwell

Comment

Hey axi! You know I was just going over the web site, and one note I made, literally about 10 minutes ago, was to get up a Demo 6 screenshot to go with the old Demo 4 one. Could you do that? Just set up things however you think would look best to show off the features, and then screen grab, and email it to me and Dom?

If so, thanks. If not, I'll do it eventually anyway.

Comment

We now have a redirect in from the main frame page of the Apolyton site to the mirror one. Thanks Dan!

So at least people coming in through the 'front door' should get the more up-to-date stuff on the mirror.

We are still looking for web page help to do updates if anyone is interested in volunteering. Just let me know here or by email!

Comment

Updates Required?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone needed anything updated on the site? I think there are a few things that Mark sent in, but I was wondering if anything else needed to be update.

I'm sorry Mark. These days I have "a lot" of things going on, and it's truly hard to find some time to do things, but that doesn't mean that I can disappear, right?

Well, please post/e mail your update requests.

Thanks and sorry,
                      ~John
                      AKA - (Dominic)

Comment

Hi Dom!

It also occurred to me it'd be good to search the whole site for my old MediaOne email address, and replace it with the comcast one.

Thanks!

Mark

Comment

The Apolyton side of the web site should become accessable again soon following the shift to a new server.

On another topic we've got a new guy interested in being co-webmaster. Hopefully he'll stop by shortly and introduce himself!

Comment

I went to the page, which at this point is just a redirection to the mirror site. With Netscape I got a "NOT FOUND The requested URL /animate.js was not found on this server" error in the left-hand frame. Nothing but the header loaded in the main frame.

I went to MS IE 4.0, which I never use 'cause Gates is a distant cousin of the Antichrist , and I got a script error. "Line: 1, Character: 1, Syntax error, Code: 0"

I told it to keep running the script and it seems everything works OK.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Hey Straybow, thanks for the info. Lets see what the webmaster types have to say about it...

Comment

that's very odd ... i'm running winxp pro with internet explorer 6.0.2600 and i don't have any script errors ... umm ... other than that ... ???

Dom

Comment

Working...
                                X