New Clash Web Site - Comments Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dominic & Kull:

I just checked out the web page. I Really Like the new layout for each area! You've made a lot of progress .

On the new graphics... Sorry to be a tease. We just ran into some scheduling problems, so my best guess is Monday or Tuesday.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

If you haven't seen the Clash Web Site recently, please take a gander. We've come a loooong way!

http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/run/943/

To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Dominic and Kull:

Great Job Guys!

I checked out the alternative styles. I think style #3 is pretty good if you would lose the blinking stuff. I like having the logo up top! I personally don't like a black background, but it does show off the artwork much better. A gold metallic font, like Dominique had way back when, would look Really cool if we go with a black background. You might be able to grab that font from the old preview page if it's still up...

The flames on #2 turned me off (surprise!). I also personally prefer the "exploded" menu on the left, rather than just having the main areas shown. The cross-hair bullets looked good.

style #1 was a good no-frames version.

Overall, I think I prefer what you have as the main site now...
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

I tend to agree with Mark - I prefer the current style with the light blue background. I've also found that sites with light text on a dark background are difficult to print (the text tends to be hard to read or even illegible). I REALLY like the organization of the current site. It's really easy to navigate, and I don't feel like I'm "stuck" in any one portion of the site. I also like the music - is it original?
          Paul

Comment

the light blue one is good for the no frames. You might as well just get rid of all the other ones, including the frames version. The dark one isn't very good. A black background with white text is great for a news site (like warcraft.org, they have a great layout) but this is more of a reference site.

Comment

Thanks for the comments about the web site! We do plan to maintain the current look, but Dom wants to experiment with a variety of styles, for two reasons:

1) To see what you like (and don't!)
              2) To prepare for the day when the Clash Web Site transitions from a "workgroup" to a "marketing" focus (ie. when the game is ready to ship!) When that happens, a completely new look is almost going to be mandatory! It may seem like a long way off, but I commend him for the foresight.

Re the music: We didn't create it ourselves, but it's also not associated with any other game.
              [This message has been edited by Kull (edited December 02, 1999).]

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

New "Theme" graphics have been loaded for almost every page on the web site! Feedback is important, so please let us know (on this thread) which ones you really like...and which you don't (as unlikely as that may be!)

Comment

i strongly suggest to go with this one
                  http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Underworld/3443/

but with the blinking >

Comment

Hi Kull, the new look is better.

The link to Map Graphics page seems to be broken.
                    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

johnmcd: Could you try that page again? I've tested it from two different locations, and it loads just fine.

Comment

I can't exactly grasp the symbolism under the Multiplayer model theme picture. Could somebody explain it to me?
                        "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                        George Orwell

Comment

axi:

Yeah, I said the same thing, but...
                          The "symbolism" is that we are all free to suggest better pictures so long as they aren't copyrighted. Dominic and Kull Know some of the pictures aren't ideal If you can manage to find alternate pictures, it would no doubt help out alot!

BTW thanks to your quick suggestion on recovering the Graphics thread document from caches. We were able to save the whole graphics thread from oblivion...

Comment

Well I tried it again Kull and its working fine now, it must have just been one of those things. Sorry.
                            www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Regarding the no-frames page...

The links in the navigation table down the left side of the screen don't work. If you are aware of this and just haven't gotten around to linking them, carry on. If not, I thought you should know.

Comment

shimmin: The "no-frames" page is still very much in beta. Dominic and I have been totally focused on completing the development of the frames version and migrating it over to Apolyton. With that mission complete, Dom will now be able to focus on coming up with a fully functional non-frames version.

Team: As you all may have noticed, Dom is experimenting with several different versions of the Clash web site. What do you think about having a completely different look and style for the non-frames page?

Comment

Working...
                                X