No announcement yet.

Maps for SMAC books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clean mineral limit refers to how much mineral production you can have before causing eco-damage. Usually I don't take it into account until it's like "Cool, I have 243 minerals at Gaia's Landing!", and the next turn I get gang-probed by mind worms.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Thanks, Prez.

Gang Probed.

NOW thats a gross picture.

seriously, that was one funny phrase.
      Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Yeah, he got it right... basically, when a PB is set off, it reduces the amount of minerals your bases can produce without ecodamage by 5 (although, oddly, it only seems to apply to the faction that launched them...). This can be quite nasty, but not nearly as much as it should be.

Comment

Does that reduction penalty dissipate over time, or is it permanent?
          Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

It's permanent, but you can counteract it by building 'clean facilities' (Tree Farms, Hybrid Forests, Centauri Preserves, and Temples of Planet), which up the clean mineral limit by one per facility built as long as you've already had one fungal pop.

Comment

Damn. I never knew that.

I guess I learned something new about SMAC, after 5 years.

Comment

Working...
              X