No announcement yet.

Beyond Alpha Centauri Discussion Thread 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still exist in this corporeal plane, but I don't have so much enthusiasm for Apolyton as I used to. With NationStates on this site going bust, and BAC being in hibernation, and with lots of jerks running around blaring their opinions on Alpha Centauri and Israeli politics (present company excepted, of course), there's been nothing really for me to do.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Awwww, DAMMIT!!! Lonestar was in Hawaii? Frig. That sucks so much. We coulda went out drinking or something.

Mr. Prez-Good to see that you're still around. Sounds like the same ole Apolyton...or has it gotten worse?

For me, I'm working part time for....the State. I'm trying to get a full time job as a counselor but I'm working in a different department. Basically I'm a peon filing documents at court and whatnot...but I'm getting full insurance benefits which is good. I still have my side job at that dinner cruise thing. Which means I'm super friggin busy.

I only really get online about 2 times a week now (!!!). When I get home I'm just too tired to really sign on. I guess I'm still on lurker status here, but I'll try post whenever I can. Good to see y'all again.

And I apologize again to that troublemaker Lonestar for not meeting him while he was here in Hawaii. Dammit. Hopefully I'll be able to catch you the next time you get in. And hopefully I'll have money....post-grad college student with little income here.

Peace out y'all.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Heh. I've done the Assistant Peon thing, though it was at a chemistry lab in my case, and just to fulfill my internship requirements. But now I'm on vacation, just polishing up my soccer skillz (such as they are), and discovering the joys of Icewind Dale II and Baldur's Gate II, to the point where I forget that I should probably be practicing my writing.

As we say here at the end of the world, have a good one! See ya.

Comment

• Same old, same old....huh?

Well, sounds like you started your professional career early....damn my slacking ways. Sounds like your having a good time. Hope everything is going good in your neck of the world. I hope everything is going ok there despite the tsunami. F-ed up but take it easy.

I'll try and get on more often so I can see whose still here on 'Poly.
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Yeah, we're all fine despite the tsunami. Most of the waves seem to have gone north and west, meaning that Sumatra south of Aceh and Australia were spared almost anything. My father's cousin who lives in Banda Aceh is homeless, and she'll probably have to move back to Padang or even Kotopanjang (their home village in the highland).

On a lighter note, I'm really blessing the day I discovered Icewind Dale II and Black Isle Studios in general. Very late edit: Forget the equivocation. I think it's better than Civilization. Period.
            Last edited by Mr. President; January 10, 2005, 07:26.

Comment

• As you can see in the OT, I was in Sumatra as well.

Adios!
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
              X