Announcement ! tcp/ip players needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!! WELCOME !!!
    Just stick around! We may be needing a replacement this friday, or, maybe, even start a new game.
    We are playing usually fridays, around 9-10pm GMT.
    alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

• 11am - 12pm for me, thats perfect! (Except a longer session would be nice -.-) Yeah, Im so excited! I been searching for players for this game for ever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Korusho
        11am - 12pm for me, thats perfect! (Except a longer session would be nice -.-) Yeah, Im so excited! I been searching for players for this game for ever!

Welcome on board. It's always good to have a new Smacx player join.

Now that you have discovered the forum, please check the technical issues for IP and actually playing the game: boring things like have you got the appropriate update/ patches and have you also installed Hamachi.

And then if you have time there is a massive archive of tips to brush up on.

Next check the rules we play by. For instance playing by Pbem tech trading between factions was usually acceptable. However our IP rules lock out tech trading between factions, if I understand it correctly.

Anyway welcome and enjoy.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Hamachi? And I have SMAC, I dont have the expansion =(

Comment

• Originally posted by Korusho
            11am - 12pm for me, thats perfect! (Except a longer session would be nice -.-)
            We start around 9-10pm GMT ... but we are playing for several hours ...

For hamachi install and how it works just read first post in the thread. It's very, very simple...

As for SMAX ... if you can't help yourself ... well. read my PM
            We can play SMAC ... but SMAX 2.0 with XP patch is much better (fixed many bugs).

Comment

• NEW GAME

Seems like we will have to start a new game on friday.
              Who's interested? Shall we play SMAC...

Comment

• If SMAC I would be honored to join in. Im running SMAC 4.0 - I believe thats the current version.

Ok I got Hamachi set up. If anyone could help me join a game in hamachi today that would be very helpful for the following reasons:

1) The real game will launch smoothly, without any complications from my noobness.
                2) I could learn the rules in a brief one hour game, with rushed turns - not to try to win but to school me in the basics of rules and multiplaying etc.
                3) If someone would be so kind, teach me some basic strategies.

I have ventrillo and MSN messenger - both are capable of voice communication so we could do 1-3 very efficiently. Anyone?
                Last edited by Korusho; November 29, 2007, 19:07.

Comment

• Hi welcome.

I wish things weren't left to the last minute to organise..

Anyway, i'm gonna wake up tomorrow in the hopes of playing some alpha, so lets not disapoint me because I am cranky in the mornings

In terms of SMAC - just DL smacx. I presume thats what he sent you in his PBEM, coz. Smacx, is way better.

In terms of strategies, read the guide, I posted earlier in this thread.

i'll see you guys in the morning

Comment

• Just signing in, and hanging around for a while.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I'm here. Korusho are u online?
                      Last edited by bdanv; November 30, 2007, 18:38.

Comment

• HERCULES!?!?!?! WHERE ARE YOU --- Don't leave without saying something you did this last time!

Comment

• IP game #5

IP GAME #5 (started of November,30 10pm GMT)

Players:
                          Eldramatico - Spartans
                          bDanv - Data Angels
                          SmacxVeteran - Cycons
                          Hercules - Morganites
                          AI - Drones
                          AI - Hive

Settings: large map, with medium everything. No tech trading between players.

Current situation:

Status: to be continued using PBEM between IP sessions.
                          Tracking thread is here: http://apolyton.net/forums//showthre...hreadid=172413
                          Last edited by bdanv; December 2, 2007, 05:39.

Comment

• Sorry I didnt make it on Friday, Family had something going on -.-

Could someone post a link for free smax dl?

(Drones getting owned)

Comment

• Drones are AI, hercules was goign to play them, but decided on Morgan, wise choice

Not sure of that website, i used to have it bookmarked. I'll find it later if no-one else has it for u.

Comment

• Thank you pact brother, begin transmission at once. =)
                                Let us coordinate battle plans!

Comment

Working...
                                X