No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a new PBEM game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, especially if one like G sets it up!
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
      Bear with us just a little longer ...... (it's worth the wait to get it right first time)
      Thanks for the heads-up. I'm not in a hurry; I was just unaware what was happening.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I'm thinking that you might be better off with a Large - maybe even a Huge - map. The AI is going to be pretty expansionist, and we can CMN a start that won;t have you waiting 50 turns to meet each other either.

You'll have a sort of accelerated start in that you'll have 3 or 4 colony pods and scouts to ecplore with (and taking a leaf from Darsnan's book I'll set up the #Units file with rover colony pods (you won't be able to retro engineer them, though) - that way you'll quickjly have 3 or 4 bases up and running.

Of course, we'll start the AI with these same # bases already established (so that we can give the Base Governors adequate orders)

My intuition says that a Standard map will lead to quick conflict - but if that is what you want, so be it

Comment

Under the setup you describe I'd like to switch factions to the Peacekeepers instead of Spartans if possible.
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

No - not too late

So it'll be:

Maniac - PeaceKeepers
            AndiD - Morgan
            Hercules - Drones
            GeoModder - Cult

with the AI as Hive, University and Gaians (But we might switch the CyCon for the Hive - the intent of picking these particular AI factions was to give a sort of natural competitor to a Builder, Momentum player and Hybrid player, but with Sparta out of the picture it might make for a better game to have the Cycon instead - that way, too, spoils of war would be de-activated, as that is the CC's bonus as a faction)

Comment

Progress report:

Map is built and starting positions allocated. AI has been tweaked, and Ouro and I are now going to do some pre-release testing (In case I made the AI too much of a handful)

I disabled the Empath Guild, but have let the AI start on other fairly crucial SP's like the CA, the HSA and the Network Backbone (and all will provide juicy targets for acquisition-minded human players)

EDIT: had to give the AI those SP's, as the stupid governors, no matter what I did, changed immediately to the Weather paradigm and the Virtual World

In line with current CMN thinking we gave the AI some energy satellites, etc, plus some basic infrastructure in their starting bases. But the alphax.txt hasn't been changed, so no need to worry about that.

Give us a day or so to ensure that it runs as advertised, then we'll release early next week

(Any thoughts as to a name? It has a working title of Maniac's Mayhem)
              Last edited by Googlie; April 24, 2005, 10:35.

Comment

Maniacal Herculism?

And I prefer a standard map if no-ones object. I'm pretty much used of working with limited territory, so that's not a problem.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Maniacal And Modded Herculism

Comment

He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                      And I prefer a standard map if no-ones object. I'm pretty much used of working with limited territory, so that's not a problem.
                      Not a problem - although anticipating agreement with my suggestion I went ahead and built it on a large map.

can redo, but it'll take an evening or so to replicate

Comment

Working...
                      X