No announcement yet.

[C4:AC] SDK Released - Whos still in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hummm. I might have a go at implementing orbitals. I have some ideas. Basic idea is to create 3 new buildings, one for each orbital. Catch the building being completed and immediately destoy it, incrementing the orbital count by one.
    Use the SDK functions to add the resources to all cities. The main challenge I think is making it clean, the less places code is added, the better. And of course getting all data possible in the XML.

Comment

Orbitals should be projects - those are already non-city-local.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

You're right. I'd forgotten that they can be unlimited in number and queued so they are perfect.
        What I'm not sure of the is the team aspect.

edit: However the existing team behaivour would be correct if I implement orbitals how I want to, adding X resources spread over all cities, so that they are basically balanceable.
        Last edited by Blake; April 20, 2006, 22:26.

Comment

Lots of code in the SDK checks to see if the team that owns something is the same as the current player's team. It would be straightforward to check for player ownership instead, if that's what you want.
          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
          -BBC news

Comment

Don't forget things like the Apollo Project in Vanilla Civ are 'Team' wonders, not Civ wonders... The other thing to look at could be National wonders.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Working...
            X