[C4:AC] The Question Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PJayTycy
    =>hit ESCAPE when the movies play and your game continues.
    All right! Although I knew I could hit escape during the intro movie, why for some reason I was under the impression I had to sit thru the "Firaxian National Anthem". Must be some sort of subliminal message somewhere there compelling me to do this....

Originally posted by PJayTycy

=> whenever you change something that seems to break the game, go to "documents & settings" / "application data" / "my games" and delete the cache folder under the civ4 directory. Sometimes this solves problems in a magic way.
    Thanx! I'll look into this!

Updates: Lal is now sporting Cyan colors! I also verified that I can change starting techs (elsewhere someone was having some problems with this). FYI.

D

Comment

Is there any progress being made here? I encourage all taskgroups to help with this one, especially [Support].
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Can we write a script that will use the secret project movies included in SMAX?

It seems to me that it wouldn't be too tough to do. However, the formats for smac are different than the format in Civ 4 - would it be possible to simply use the built-in player in SMAC, "Playuv15.exe" and have the game minimize during the movies?

Edit: also, the utilization of SMAX movies can be easily done with an installer. Simply one of the prompts must be "insert your SMAC & SMAX disks"

All of the secret project movies and the player are on a conviently placed folder on the cd, called "movies" and weighing in at 358 MB - something we possible could package with the installer of the mod - if Firaxis would give us permission... but be careful.

Comment

would it be possible to simply use the built-in player in SMAC, "Playuv15.exe" and have the game minimize during the movies?
          This should be possible, I've seen it been done with less moddable games.
          I think Blake and CT could help with this.
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Is there any progress being made here?
            Illu, I'll post some answers on your very long list a bit later and I've already given quite much feedback in my project proposal which seems forgotten now..
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I was still under the impression this was a "questions" thread, waiting for someone to give the green light for answers.

(I had the urge to reply to a lot of these questions when they were asked, but didn't, to keep the thread clean)
              no sig

Comment

Your impression is correct, I would prefer to see a list of questions.
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Working...
                X