No announcement yet.

Fixing SMACX Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About my previous post: the former also gets stuck doing nothing when I tell it to remove fungus from a square, and forest expands over the fungus. The former will still waste turns removing the fungus that isn't there.

Again another bug, still with forests. It occurs at a late turn in the game, when a cititzen at a base works on a fungus square, and gets and awsome 3nutrient/4mineral/5energy from that square (with the bonus from the Manifold Harmonics project).

So I work the square nice and fine, but then forest expands on it, and now I only get 1nutrient/2minerals/2energy. This is livable with, if it werent for the following fact: there are no forest squares anywhere at that base, except in the base square! I wish I could remove the forest in the base square, so it wouldn't expand onto my worked fungus. But I cant.

A simple fix: destroy any enhacement in the square where a new base is built. Can this be added to a new patch ?

Comment

• Originally posted by the_rest View Post
      About my previous post: the former also gets stuck doing nothing when I tell it to remove fungus from a square, and forest expands over the fungus. The former will still waste turns removing the fungus that isn't there.

Again another bug, still with forests. It occurs at a late turn in the game, when a cititzen at a base works on a fungus square, and gets and awsome 3nutrient/4mineral/5energy from that square (with the bonus from the Manifold Harmonics project).

So I work the square nice and fine, but then forest expands on it, and now I only get 1nutrient/2minerals/2energy. This is livable with, if it werent for the following fact: there are no forest squares anywhere at that base, except in the base square! I wish I could remove the forest in the base square, so it wouldn't expand onto my worked fungus. But I cant.

A simple fix: destroy any enhacement in the square where a new base is built. Can this be added to a new patch ?
      I added your comments to the thread at CGN, where we have moved the bug fixing project.
      Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

• Need more zooms on bases!

Again I play a game with hundreads of my bases ...

So i look at the f4 screen with all the bases, and i see that some bases have grown with new citizens which have automatically been assigned as doctors/empaths. I can zoom at the base: now there are no more workable squares around the base, except for some squares witch have supply crawlers that exploit them.

My problem is that i want to move away those supply crawlers to somewhere else, to put the doctors/empatchs to work on the square. But i have so many bases and so many supply crawlers that i cant find the right supply crawlers from my base to click on them to move away!

Imho a fix would be to zoom on the base when i click on it in the f4 screen. As if i shift-right-clicked on the base.

Comment

• Once you exit the F4 screen, you can use the "Find Base" option in the "Map" menu to go to the base in the large map. Once you have gotten there, you can activate the supply crawler and move it. If you still think scient should implement the fix you suggested, please start a new thread in the SMAC/X Unofficial Patch subforum.

Comment

• Concerning Forests located on prospective Base sites: (I don't think this is a "bug" that should be changed in Scient's fixes)

I haven't ever seen Forest "spread" into an already existing base. Has anyone ever seen this? As far as a base being built on a pre-existing forest that can then "spread", it seems to me that this is a player choice to make. He/she might want to take advantage of the benefits of the forest improvement in the early game but the above info is something to take into account if someone is going to take advantage of that particular circumstance. Builders of course won't like it, but they should tear down the forest prior to erecting the base if they think it will ruin their layout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gray_Lensman View Post
              Builders of course won't like it, but they should tear down the forest prior to erecting the base if they think it will ruin their layout.
              Forest do not expand into squares with terraforming (e.g. farms, mines, solar collector, etc.).

Comment

• Originally posted by the_rest View Post
                Again I play a game with hundreads of my bases ...

So i look at the f4 screen with all the bases, and i see that some bases have grown with new citizens which have automatically been assigned as doctors/empaths. I can zoom at the base: now there are no more workable squares around the base, except for some squares witch have supply crawlers that exploit them.

My problem is that i want to move away those supply crawlers to somewhere else, to put the doctors/empatchs to work on the square. But i have so many bases and so many supply crawlers that i cant find the right supply crawlers from my base to click on them to move away!

Imho a fix would be to zoom on the base when i click on it in the f4 screen. As if i shift-right-clicked on the base.
                When you are in the base view, try right clicking one of the crawlers in the lower right window. IIRC you can then cancel orders for that unit and when you leave the F4 view, the unit will be active.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Forest do not expand into squares with terraforming (e.g. farms, mines, solar collector, etc.).
                  They do expand into tiles with condensers, though (and the tile receives +1 nutrient bonus in addition to forest benefits). Building farms on top of condensers prevents this.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                    When you are in the base view, try right clicking one of the crawlers in the lower right window. IIRC you can then cancel orders for that unit and when you leave the F4 view, the unit will be active.
                    yes but the crawler that works the nearby base square is not from that base ! (bases are close together.)

anyway I noticed something in the f4 menu: I can choose "Recenter map window here", it did the trick.

but another thing made me angry and I forgot to tell you about this: hundreds of bases, but everytime I press f4, I have to scroll down from the top of the bases list. Why can't I autoscroll down to base109 in the f4 screen, to the last selected base from the last time I pressed f4 ?

Comment

• Why cannot hurry production twice ?

So it happened to me too many times. I want to rush some base's production, but I don't hit the correct value so it builds in 2 turns, rather then 1.

Now the game won't let me hurry again! but why? it should let me hurry again, so i can build in 1 turn, whats the point in not being able to rush again, I still spend energy credits dont I ?

I also propose that if you rush completely to zero turns, that building should be there instantly (not after 1 turn). I know that this way you can build several buildings/units instantly, omg whats the gamefun in that, but consider that it will cost a ton of credits after you build one thing.

Comment

• The reason you cannot hurry twice, is that the hurry cost is not linear.

If you hurried the first 10 minerals, then hurried the rest - it would be MUCH cheaper than hurrying all of the minerals in one go.

See an excerpt form my Comprehensive Datalinks (see sig) entry below:

"
                        #ADVCONCEPT18
                        {Base Facility} Hurry Cost = 2 * M
                        ^Doubled if the number of minerals in the production box is less than 10.
                        ^
                        {Secret Project} Hurry Cost = 4 * M
                        ^Doubled if the number of minerals in the production box is less than 4 {mineral rows.}
                        ^
                        {Unit} Full Hurry Cost = ROUND DOWN(M * (2 + M / 20) )
                        ^{Partial} Hurry Cost = ROUND UP(Hurried Minerals * Full Hurry Cost/M)
                        ^Doubled if the number of minerals in the production box is less than 10.
                        ^
                        {M}: Number of Minerals needed to complete the item.
                        ^{mineral row}: One mineral row = 10 * $LINK minerals
                        ^
                        Credit: MariOne
                        "
                        Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
                        Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!

Comment

• Ahh a happy day is mine, upon logging in and finding this thread. I remember a few names, too

(OMG base+pop increase WANT)
                          I once was a slave to the Alderbaran 2 project!
                          Now I shall work towards cIV:AC!... Oh Wait, that's dead too...
                          It's Nword like 'lord' and 'sword'

Comment

• All 14 factions at once

I can't thank you enough, especially for raising the unit limit!

Also, the ability to play all 14 factions at once, Scient, would be a dream come true!
                            Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. And perhaps everyone else, too.

Comment

• Guys, what you are doing here is incredible. Really brings tears to my eyes. I love SMAC so much but every time I start playing it again the same old bugs kill the joy after few games. Now, after all these dark years, you are finishing the greatest game of all times. My sincere thanks!
                              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• How about adding this: when a unit conquers a base, it should get a moral upgrade. even native units.

I too think that the best improvement possible, is to be able to play all 14 factions at once. Spartans gona conquer, angels gona get techs, aliens gona be even more a pain in the ass, and overall you'll need to be an awsome military power with many military units. Not just build facilities and be a builder, but get into serious WAR !!!

And i have a question: can i build more then 512 bases now ? i just have to build many bases !
                                Last edited by the_rest; November 14, 2010, 19:38. Reason: added

Comment

Working...
                                X