Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone actually use Artillery Units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I've been hacking away at this for the better part of a day now, and I'm coming to the realization that there are just too many things that I don't have access to......

I can build bases for the 8th Faction:
    Attached Files

Comment

However I can't change production without the program crashing, nor can I research techs....

Note though that the game sees the 8th Faction as human
      Attached Files

Comment

I can't infiltrate a Faction without the game crashing, but I can MC bases:
        Attached Files

Comment

And the results of MC'ing the base:
          Attached Files

Comment

So, what I have found so far playing while playing as the 8th Faction:

1. I can plant bases using CP's either given to me by a CMN, or ones that I've MC'd or captured via Marine Detachment.

2. I can't change production without the game crashing.

3. I can't research techs.

4. I can't infiltrate a Faction without the game crashing.

5. I can't terraform at all.

6. I can't call elections, but I can vote.

7. I've been trying all day to figure out how to link base graphics and a Faction.txt file to the 8th Faction, however I think now that the programmers just put in a Gosub to a different subroutine that exclusively handled the 8th Faction, and that it doesn't have the hooks for associating a Faction's text and PCX files to it.

So, right now I'm thinking this a failed experiment. If anyone else is interested in playing with this let me know and I'll show you what to do.

D
            Last edited by Darsnan; February 18, 2006, 18:26.

Comment

7. I've been trying all day to figure out how to link base graphics and a Faction.txt file to the 8th Faction, however I think now that the programmers just put in a Gosub to a different subroutine that exclusively handled the 8th Faction, and that it doesn't have the hooks for associating a Faction's text and PCX files to it.
              Civ2's 8th faction had hardcoded limits as well IIRC, so i imagine they took the same route more or less here.
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
              X