ICS effectivly cannot be beaten ,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS effectivly cannot be beaten ,

a pattern of 1x1 with forests and boreholes with the forest being replaced by condensers is optimal. by crawlering the condensers and using workers on the boreholes,you can use thinkers\engineers and have much more econ and speed than an opponent using a 2x2 grid,for example. any lack of minerals in the endgame can be made up for by shell upgrading.

Are you claiming this is true? Asking for information about ICS? Something else?

Anyway, a 1x1 pattern has significant weaknesses, but packing bases fairly tightly yields large rewards. As I see it, this is the result of bureaucracy drones being too easy to ignore.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Comment

Do I detect a troll?

Comment

im simply saying i feel that a 1x1 is so strong that there is little reason to do else.yes,i desire alternate scenarios. it might get boring to always do the same

senethro...

Comment

Where's Cata? argue with him
          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

-- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Koriand'r, perhaps you would care to furnish us with concrete examples and save games of ICS being too powerful?

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
                Do I detect a troll?
                No, just a guy who wishes his bases to be roll(ed) over pretty easily.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

thanks for the replies.all the info i required

Comment

Where's Cata? argue with him
                    working on it

actually i argue with kori all the time off the boards,in RL
                    of course you know i prefer a 2x2 for more flexibility as well as its just plain betterness.
                    *cough* i do beleive you were arguing for a simliar 1x1 in emails\CGN sen? what happaned to those savs you promised?
                    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I promised you them but was waiting until you had something to compare them with.

Comment

oh so now i need to have comparison games?

im not playing any SP games at the moment

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I smell something familiar..
                          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

im gonna post something in some obscure thread one day just to see if you appear like a magical geenie lol
                            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

yes bin im cata the guy who has exchanged about a zillion PMs with you...? ya know

*waves hand in front of bins face*

Comment

Working...
                              X