X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cult of Isis, IIRC.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Anyone feel like having a custom faction PBEM battle? All submitted factions should balance as between the Gaians/Spartans and the Uni/Hive/Drones for strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghidorah
        I'm also not entirely sure why the world needs a David Bowie faction....
        The Man who Fell to Chiron?
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghidorah
          Wow, there's a faction over there with +4 growth and free children's creches and hab complexes per base. I think it's the careful balancing that attracts me most.
          Wow-- So a size 14 base as soon as you can crawl the necessary food
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit

What's the faction name? The "I can't keep my pants on"?
            Good one

I'd be more cynical and name them "Stupidly overpowered faction for people that can't win otherwise"
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

A faction with +4 growth and free creches *could* be balanced. Start with damping their ability to grow - low police rating, lowered hab limits, and/or extra drones. Next, damage their mineral and/or energy flow, with low industry, low econ, low effic, low research, increased research costs, increased hurry costs, negative interest and/or low support. Additionally, you could give them other crippling flaws, such as OFFENSE, 50 or -5 Planet.
              "Cutlery confused Stalin"
              -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
                A faction with +4 growth and free creches *could* be balanced. Start with damping their ability to grow - low police rating, lowered hab limits, and/or extra drones. Next, damage their mineral and/or energy flow, with low industry, low econ, low effic, low research, increased research costs, increased hurry costs, negative interest and/or low support. Additionally, you could give them other crippling flaws, such as OFFENSE, 50 or -5 Planet.
                True-- Theoretically you could balance any faction ( minus 6 efficiency would be pretty crippling )

I just see a faction that can pop boom on turn one as wildly unbalanced. With the free 10 minerals , every new base could be ready to produce its first colony pod two turns after being planted. Only cash and the ability to find tiles with nutrients would be the limitation.

Sure I can "balance" them but it would bea very tough job. How do you balance pretty much unlimited growth? Even offense 50 or -5 Planet would be insufficient IMHO since this faction will get so big, so quickly. You would probably have to damage them on pretty much every other category since otherwise their overwhelming size could be telling

Comment

-5 Industry and -5 economy thats them screwed
                  Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Thanks to a bug, such a faction could run Power and benefit as if having +5 Industry. The effects of Industry bottom out at -3, but -7 or below rolls over to +5.
                    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                    -BBC news

Comment

That would be a good exploit for PBEM games

PLAYER 1 - Look- I'm playing an ultra-underpowered faction here! I'm so much better than you.
                      PLAYER 2 - How the heck are you producing so much with -10 Industry?
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Well, it'd mean SOMEONE runs power... :P
                        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

PLAYER 1 - Look- I'm playing an ultra-underpowered faction here! I'm so much better than you.
                          Wow that would be funny-- It would be even more funny if you had managed to get growth, econ or efficiency benefits to compensate for such a severe "penalty"

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

I try to tell the AI that, but it doesn't believe me and sticks my powergraph way into the air anyway out of spite. And then it just sulks and sends wave after wave of colony pods directly into the mindworms.

Comment

ok -4 industry then

and damn i've never heard of that before. Are there any more rollover bugs in the game other then Industry and Probe ?
                              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

you can check out my new factions over in the creation forum, I could use some feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X