Funny things about this game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny things about this game.

One day after playing SMAC on the harder levels, I desided to go back and play it on the easiest citizan. I did all I could too out tech the NPC's to such a degree, that one of the vendetta's I was in, a faction sent 12 jets too kill 1 of my super terraformer destroyers, and they all died, leaving my ship with only 10% health left.

ROLF!

The day a single construction ship won against a dozen fighter jets! HAHAHA! That would have to be so emberassing. Poor NPC faction.

christ what did you have it as 0-12-6*4 AAA against his regular 6-1-10 ?
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

On citizen, player-controlled units receive double attack and defense, and I wouldn't be surprised if the noncombat penalty were waived as well, if the terraformer would have suffered from it in the first place.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

Hum, that may explain a few things on why a super fungle former won. I did equipe it with the best armor i could at the time as well. I think I had 6 in armor by then as well as quantim singular power 4 vs fusion power 2. there was a massive tech gap between me and the NPC's as well as a massive project success gap. Most NPC's where demanding I give them fusion while I was working on the theroi of every thing and begun making my base to base mag tube interlink network. I think I was half way through connecting all 11 of my bases with mag tubes by that attack.

Comment

What does NPC mean? New acronym on me...
          (+1)

Comment

NPC = non-player character. In this case, the AI faction leaders.
            -BBC news

Comment

heh, a MMORPG term I picked up. You would be surprised how many MMORPG players don't know what PM means. They get used to saying "send a /tell" or "PST" (please send tell).

Comment

Has anyone ever had a probe team without armor win against a normal unit? I know its rare, but its is possible...

Comment

I don't use them often, so I rarely see a win or loss. So far the only wins I have seen where on civy difficalty and usually delt with mind worms.

Comment

I think probe teams without armor have a basic defense of .01, which further gets cut in half by the noncombat penalty. Miscellaneous modifiers can improve this a few times, but the only realistic way a probe team can defeat a unit is if the attacker has a single hit point left, and even that's rare, since the attacker's strength is effectively doubled, as a result of the odds formula.
                    -BBC news

Comment

Does the Power Core of a unit moddify the units attack abilities and defense abilities?

(though I am not sure how you cannot understand the same thing from how it was stated last time)
                      Last edited by jadenstriker; July 18, 2005, 12:26.

Comment

Please rephrase your question intelligibly
                        -BBC news

Comment

Does anyone know, what is that problem with armor on ships? Recently I have checked some ship to ship fights and it seems armor does make a difference in some cases. In other it is like not existing. I remember also someone advised strongly not to equip ships in armor. Any observations?
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest
                          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by jadenstriker
                            heh, a MMORPG term I picked up. You would be surprised how many MMORPG players don't know what PM means. They get used to saying "send a /tell" or "PST" (please send tell).
                            on Guild Wars, I had to explain to somebody what 'spammy' meant ha.
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

MMORPG'S are fun. I used to be in SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) as a Commando when we were nerfed as heck. Then we were juiced up and everyone wanted to be one. Newbies were calling me a bandwagon person when I was one of the first people playing SWG and they were still artisans. But I digress.

I've never had a probe team beat a normal military faction. They must have some special gear or something if they are doing that.
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X