No announcement yet.

Solstice 2005 AI challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now at 2231 and building the TOE-- my tech rate is every two turns with 70% Labs and I plan to slam it to 100% Labs soon ( and experiment with FM/knowledge instead of green wealth)-- I do not want to peeve off the cult though as they are pretty good pactmates.

The agrarians had submitted to me, but when they would not give me a base I wanted, I broke pact and took it. They submitted again and gave up a base but when they would not give up more and started building probe teams, I figured it was best to take them out. They should live maybe another turn.

I am now number 1 in the powergraph and just recently got a message that the Hive and Pirates have joined forces against me. The Empire has hated me for while so soon it will be me and the cult pacted down south with me having a vendetta against all the northerners and the cult not enjoying much better relations. In the last two turns I have had forces landed near my crawler field which highlights my need to place a military outpost up there. My naval forces killed the transports but not before some of my crawlers died.

I am thinking that I may transcend and in the tech world my conquest of the agrarians has had a nice benefit of 3 AAs which I should be cashing very soon
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

For some reason i've just started experiencing the interceptor bug crash which is annoying I've got the xp patch installed and the interceptors have been working fine until now which is even more odd.

It sounds like i've got the bigger military but you're going to beat me to transcendance, 2242 i'm going to get cybernetic, i think i'll switch to green/knowledge/cybernetic to try keep my police rating up and raise labs to get 1 per turn from there. Realised if i didn't waste calling the council to try for supreme leadership a little while ago i could probably have won via that in a few turns.

Wave choppers have slaughtered the pirates, Agrians are almost finished and i'm starting to take a few Hive coastal bases. Gaians are being a pain launching attacks from the Empire's bases but they're pacted with us both so he won't help me
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus

It sounds like i've got the bigger military
        For sure although I am "unsurpassed" on that front in my game. I only have about a dozen choppers doing homeland security, 6 or 8 mopping up the Agrarian front and 2 sitting in seabases that are out of range of my lands and just barely in range of the Pirates, serving as an early warning bulwark from that direction-- I might actually build a few more bulwark seabases since its tough preventing the landings with the increased naval ranges.

but you're going to beat me to transcendance, 2242 i'm going to get cybernetic, i think i'll switch to green/knowledge/cybernetic to try keep my police rating up and raise labs to get 1 per turn from there.
        Hmm tough to assess since I don't know where you are on the tech tree exactly-- I'm currently researching advanced EE with the idea of improving my former fleet-- my energy park has not been growing fast enough to accomodate my growing crawler group. After that heading to cybernetic would be a goal although I will risk the AA cashing even if it gives less useful techs techs. The TOE should guarantee me a tech a turn for a while . . . probably even at 70%

Realised if i didn't waste calling the council to try for supreme leadership a little while ago i could probably have won via that in a few turns.
        I never really thought about that route . . . plus the self-denial of the EG would hurt me there ( its one of my self-restrictions against the AI now never to get the EG)
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

For sure although I am "unsurpassed" on that front in my game. I only have about a dozen choppers doing homeland security, 6 or 8 mopping up the Agrarian front and 2 sitting in seabases that are out of range of my lands and just barely in range of the Pirates
          ouch i think its a bigger acheivement you've got that many and so easily pushed them back ! I've been hitting highs of having around TEN dozen lol even then i've had my attacks blunted at times with the AI having just as many and so many interceptors.

I might actually build a few more bulwark seabases since its tough preventing the landings with the increased naval ranges.
          yeah I've recently started quite a few bases around my continent to try give me that extra turn noticing any enemy transports but the only AI that used them in number and made it difficult to stop was the pirates in early game (at one stage having atleast 60)
          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

ouch i think its a bigger acheivement you've got that many and so easily pushed them back ! I've been hitting highs of having around TEN dozen lol even then i've had my attacks blunted at times with the AI having just as many and so many interceptors.

I don't think my Agrarians were as strong as in some of the other games. I framed them for a few things and they never got ahead tech-wise. They were beating the cult but I stopped that at an early stage and then the cult fought most of the war of attrition. My 8-1-14*2 choppers (commando or elite for the most part) do the emptying of bases and I bribed a few units along the way. I have NOT attempted attacks on the homelands of the other AIs as they have fusion power and I would need a substantially bigger force. Actually my preliminary thinking with the Pirates is to try to bribe away one of their good bases off their coast to have a safe haven for my shipping and then proberape them and kill anything that dares come in the open. I am delaying weapons upgrades since I currently have a science focus .

Comment

Currently 2245 and realised just how far into the useless tech zone i am, first time in ages i've been on the left hand side of the tech tree and got quantum power before singularity heh, i tend to just wander about this high up the techs without any bee-lines. Switched to power and cybernetic so running 70% labs i've got my 1 tech per turn and dozens of elite quantum wave choppers
              The Agrians just have a few coastal bases left, as do the pirates since i've taken over their entire land continent. Empire broke pact with me but hasn't attacked or anything yet. Starting to move choppers up ready for a hit on Yang.

Comment

i tend to just wander about this high up the techs without any bee-lines. .
                Me TOO !! Once I have fusion, MMI and shard weapons, I often forget which way to go and with a tech decision pretty much every turn, thats not good. I think I will haul out the old tech tree before I play my next turn

Comment

I think I will haul out the old tech tree before I play my next turn
                  Damn woman took mine down off the wall and has put it away somewhere

Comment

Really should have went green and taken a fungus approach earlier, it's really reaping rewards in that my new bases have almost instant tree farms combined with the sats and cloning vats is making growth easy. Also good for the defensive purposes that the bases were intended for.

Singularity 2248
                    I wonder if it's time for some PB's and a really explosive finish to the game Might be quicker then transcend.

Comment

Really should have went green and taken a fungus approach earlier, it's really reaping rewards in that my new bases have almost instant tree farms combined with the sats and cloning vats is making growth easy. Also good for the defensive purposes that the bases were intended for.

Singularity 2248
                      I wonder if it's time for some PB's and a really explosive finish to the game Might be quicker then transcend.
                      Hmm -- I just got the cloning vats but a rain of missiles took out some of my crawler field ( I love seeing a missile wasted on a crawler) so that I had to go knowledge at 90% Labs in order to maintain a tech a turn. With cloning vats growth in many many bases I hope to maintain that rate while my next beeline is to Homo superior for the two free techs with the UT and almost as importantly, the nanohospital for my science city. I also need to beef up my defenses since only my crawlers prevented an unimpeded march of enemy soldiers to bases defended by 1-1-1 police scouts- I just prototyped my 1-6-1*2 AAA and my 13 attack choppers and will probably kick out another dozen or so of each

In other news, I just ended my pact with the Cult. I accepted him probing away two techs without complaint but when I saw EIGHT more probe teams enter my lands, enough was enough. The only way to defend would have been to build probe teams in EVERY base and I just was not willing to do that. Another reason I may need to beef up defenses

I really wish I had gotten to ODP's since busters are being built-- I believe after getting homo superior, ODPs will be my primary goal

Comment

The agrians had over 100 probes in my game, and all were wasted because i got the hunter seeker

2252, getting 2 techs per turn and flying towards transcendance now, just got both later secrets, about to rush telepathic matrix and manifold SP's. Growth is almost uncontrolled - currently at 980 population, switching alot to transcendii

I finished the Agrians last turn and the pirates swore a pact with just 2 bases left. Massing Singularity wave choppers around Yangs coastline now, just rushing a few more drop troops and combined with others that can jump in when i complete Space elevator this turn i should weaken him abit. Will be tough pressing on though, he's actually really kamikazing his choppers ! last turn he sacrificed loads to take out my 8-AAA*4 aerospace defender in order to get my 5 choppers also sitting in that base !!
                        And he's still got over 60 choppers left lol

Comment

Turns are sooo long ! 124 population increase this turn atleast
                          Last edited by Lazerus; July 14, 2005, 17:17.

Comment

2254 the Hive surrenders, peace atlast on planet !!! Well ... sorta, truce with the Gaians

Comment

Good stuff

I'm in the midst of turn 2238 and am building a nanohospital in my science base and also slamming things to 100% econ for one turn to start rushing hab complexes. I should also build the UT next turn and I am still raising land like crazy.

Comment

2254 the Hive surrenders, peace atlast on planet !!! Well ... sorta, truce with the Gaians
                                Weird-- my Gaians died a pretty early death. I had barely even met them.

If you have transcendii its pretty much just coasting to the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X