No announcement yet.

story reasons for only one special project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeoModder (or do you mean giving similar names to SP's with the same properties?)

Yes, this is what I mean...IIRC, there is numerous blank SP slots on SMAX, if you ever wanted to create a new SP...while I don't think any new method has been found to add new advantages, SPs can certainly be added and removed, or have multiples simply by using the advantages of one SP more than once and changing the names...

This would, in affect, allow you to have 2 human genome projects, or 2 oppurtunities to get free command centers, or something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
      Oh man, am I tempted to reorganize the tech tree again.

Been there, done that.
      Last edited by Straybow; June 20, 2005, 15:21.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Bah! I don't think it would be feasible to have mutliple SP's....sure, it would be understandible (i.e., Cloning Vats in multiple bases), but I don't think it would increase the fun factor by a whole much.

Half the fun of AC is flattening your opponents with SinBusters...
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by SynthetGod8
          Nothing actually prevents another faction from building the Space Elevator... except cost.
          Very true. You may also recall that the Soviet space program never made it to the moon . . . not even after 1969 when the American program achieved it (proving it could be done). In this case, as is probably the case with many of Alpha Centauri's secret projects, the psychological effect (raising one's own morale, confidence, and assertiveness while simultaneously lowering the morale, confidence, and assertiveness of one's opponent) is as important or more important than whether or not the project can physically be replicated.
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

That's because the Soviet economy wasn't robust enough. If they had equal economic strength they might well have continued their manned program to the moon.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
            X