No announcement yet.

Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with Chaos Theory. The AI is not too bright in warfare, most of the time anyway. And Miriam loves to fight.

Comment

This is my new rule. Except for these reserved techs every faction get every tech avaliable. I need to add more reserved techs for factions to make more difference between the factions.

Comment

Ok, I have figuered out the perfect situation. These are the unique techs:
        Gaians: centauri psi, centauri meditation, centauri empathy.
        Morgan: Applied gravionics, industrial nanorobotics, planetary ecnonmics.
        University:self aware machines, nanominaturization, digital sentience, presentient alogrithms, frictionless surfaces
        Hive:will to power
        Spartans: Advanced military alogrithms, string resonance
        Peacekeepers:Eudaimonia
        Believers:2 extra support in society strengths.

The university is now immune to probe teams plus gravtanks. Gaians got the edge in native units. Morgans got manufacturing advantages. Hives got thought control plus one secreat project. Spartans got advanced weapons. Peacekeepers got eudaimonic social structure. Believers can build lots of units. Every one have the technologies not reserved for a specific faction. This should be balanced. I'm playing on a 50-70 percent ocean normal sized map.

Comment

Have fun patching up the tech tree holes

But actually an interesting idea, I agree.
          I once was a slave to the Alderbaran 2 project!
          Now I shall work towards cIV:AC!... Oh Wait, that's dead too...
          It's Nword like 'lord' and 'sword'

Comment

what holes?

Comment

Well, some techs use your reserved techs as prerequisites. You don't want to reserve those as well, so you'll have to change what they depend upon to continue to allow all factions to research them.

And why would you want to give the Uni the sole ability to build the HSA, negating their only meaningful weakness?

String weapons are certainly advanced weapons, so much so that early on they'll be too expensive to use, but imagine if they get a few from pod hurries. Whatever it takes for you to enjoy the game, though...
              "Cutlery confused Stalin"
              -BBC news

Comment

I gave each faction a secret project to begin with.

Comment

Which ones
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Believers: planetary transit system
                    University:Human genome project
                    Hive:Virtual world
                    Spartans:Command nuxeus
                    Gaians:Weather paradigm
                    Morgan:Merchant exchange
                    Peacekeepers:Planetary datalinks

Comment

Reserving techs for factions? How about you give each faction six nukes just for fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X