No announcement yet.

Planet Busting Mind Worms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends if it's played turn based or everyone at once AFAIK TCP/IP protocols...
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

By then the game is won anyway--
      yes, but it's still an annoyance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        I hate losing my best city. It's not the city itself that is bad, but losing the SP's.

Losing things like the Telepathic Matrix when you have Cloning Vats and your base population is near 30 for every base is not fun.
        Once I was playing as the Caretakers so I had my headquarters build all the SPs so it would get as much energy as posible, but I had no ODP so the Pirates destroyed the base and every SP in the game, and those took a lot of work to build, I don't think I even used crawlers.
        Are you safe from the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? Learn more at www.DHMO.org.

Comment

I have had that happen before as well, playing as the gaians, so of course, no free market, no heavy industry, so the work involved in getting 30 SPs is, well, simply put, A LOT...

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            why would I want mind worms planet busting my ass?
            Who said they were gonna bust your a55? I finally got a game to the point where the aliens started PB'ing cities, and instead of my cities why the aliens have nuked 2 of Sven's cities!?!
            The only reason I can figure is because he's running FM, as he's not generating enough minerals in any of his cities to really piss off Planet (unlike myself who has a handful of cities producing 30+ min's).

I've also given the MW's and spore launchers a cloak, and the alien naval units the marine detachment capability - makes for added fun! The Believers have a really hard time in this format, and I've noticed that, of all Factions playetsted, Cha Dawn really has a tough time getting going for some reason!

Comment

Is there any way to create another set of native life units, rather then editing them? I wanted to keep the original mind worms. Or their rarity?

Fungal missile ability native life...hmm, maybe with tectonic to boot?
              Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
              The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
              Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
              We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

Originally posted by Natalinasmpf

Fungal missile ability native life...hmm, maybe with tectonic to boot?
                Hmmm - actually that works nicely for me! Instead of killing the base with a nuke, it just gets mucked up with fungus!

Originally posted by Natalinasmpf
                Is there any way to create another set of native life units, rather then editing them? I wanted to keep the original mind worms. Or their rarity?
                SmackSim is doing some work with the MW's in his Aldebaran mod. I've also generated a different 8th Faction to replace the MW's, spore launchers, Sealurks etc. You can see some after action reports
                here . FYI.

D

Comment

Working...
                X