This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barack Obama View Post
    Hi, I'm Barack Obama. I'm 49. Married to Michelle Obama with two daughters, Malia and Sasha. I have a BA in Political Science from Columbia University and a JD from Harvard Law School. I'm originally from Honolulu, but I moved first to New York and then Chicago to pursue my post-secondary education.
    You list your country as Kenya in your profile! I demand to see a birth certificate!!
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
      I'm Oerdin. I'm 33 and an old fart.
      Well I'm 50, so by your reckoning I'm a decrepit even older fart and not long for the grave....

Hello everybody I'm Ray, I skipped Civ 1 but have been playing ever since, every incarnation, including 3 which had some good aspects, mostly playing BTS at the moment with time off occasionally for Sacred 2.

I did 22 years Military service and am currently working as an AH 64 Apache Engineer.

Looking forward to what 5 has to offer!
      Gaming: Silverstone TJ07, Asus P5Q Del, Q9550 @3.2, GTX285, 4Gb OCZ PC8500, 750GB Spinpoint F1, Corsair HX1000, Dell 2408WFP, WinXP SP3. Folding: Antec 300, Asus P5Q Del, Q9550 @3.2, 2*8800GT, 4GB Corsair PC6400, 750GB Spinpoint F1, Corsair HX620, Win7 x64. Folding: Antec 300, Asus P6TD Del, i7 920 @3.8, 9800GTX+8800GT, 6GB Corsair PC12800, 1TB Spinpoint F1, Corsair HX1000, Win 7 x64.

Comment

Well, it seems that amongst all of the subscribers, not many are using this thread to introduce themselves. Since i think is a show of good manners to say at least "Hello" before starting to post on the forum, here I am. :-)

Hello everyone, I am Davide, a 33 years old Italian, married, expat in the boring Switzerland, but thankfully moving soon in Dallas (Texas). I am a fantasy novelist still searching for fame (and cash :-D).
        I play Civilization games from the earlier Civ for Amiga 500, I loved Civ II and even more Civ III (despite its defects). Since I knew Call to Power 2, I never played again the Sid Meyer's games and since I knew the Apolyton mods, I started again to play it. I am not really a modder, but since the very beginning, I modified the game files to better match my tastes. Actually I use the Apolyton edition of the game, changing only few units' stats e game constants.
        The destination doesn't matter. What's important is the journey.

Comment

Welcome, welcome, welcome to all of you.
          I've spoken with Ghaladh about his upcoming relocation.

I'm old and divorced. I have a daughter that's 29 and a grandson that will soon be 2.
          A native Texan (born in Abilene), Air Force veteran and music lover.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            Sloww Hand
            Dallas, Texas
            One daughter named Summer and one grandson named Tommy.
            I started with Civ 1, loved Civ II MP, wanted to burn Civ 3, and didn't start Civ 4.
            Most of my life has been spent in Richardson, Texas but I was born in Abilene.
            Did 4 years in the USAF, 1974-1978. In for the evacuation.

This is my boy kitteh, Bogey.
            And you have a poor memory.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

He told he's old . Anyway I wouldn't mess with a Texan who bring the same beard as Chuck Norris. He might be a clone of him and could rotate-kick your ass out of the planet :-P.
              The destination doesn't matter. What's important is the journey.

Comment

Hey guys, I've been lurking these forums for years, stealing your valuable information and strategies, but I've never really had anything worthwhile to contribute.

I'm 23 years old, male, molecular scientist. Despite my German screen name, I come from way down south in the land of cotton, specifically the great state of Alabama, the Heart of Dixie. Besides video games, my interests and hobbies include cycling, swimming, running, cooking, and gardening.

In the past I played Civ IV daily for hours on end, and I'm looking forward to Civ V, although I probably won't have as much time for it because I have a job now and I'm taking classes at the same time.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

I'm a 20-year-old college student who is interested in paleontology, anthropology, writing, and drawing. I don't play Civ as much as I used to, but I am looking forward to Civ 5! I hope it is really as moddable as claimed!

Comment

Welcome Taharqa and rotegruetze.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Hi, I'm Campm@jor, formerly known as campmajor or Campmajor! Got a problem with old e-mail addresses and fotgotten passwords, so now I'm a settler again.

I live in the Netherlands and am a civ-aholic since civ1.

I had problems playing civ IV, so I sticked with Civ III Conquests. I even enjoyed that, because I think culture was a great addition to civ2. But since I never really played Civ IV I probably don't know what I am missing!

My new PC is about to be delivered, so now I have a few months to play Civ IV before getting to Civ V...
                      Formerly known as campmajor! or Campmajor
                      Did not play CIV IV because of performance issues
                      New PC arrived about 13th of August, so CIV IV is finally playable for me! :)

Comment

You should make all your forum passwords the same like I do so that you never forget them.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You could do that. But then some passwords require numbers in it or special characters, so you still would not know what is!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                            You should make all your forum passwords the same like I do so that you never forget them.
                            I do this too much (including non-forum passwords), so I'm trying a new solution - KeyPass. With that, hopefully I won't find myself duplicating passwords, and most of my passwords (except those that I have to be able to access on any computer, which probably will only include my e-mail) will be a lot stronger. Apolyton is the first site that I'm testing with a much stronger password. So I'll either be impervious to spambots, or dependant on the e-mail password reset feature working.

A short introduction of myself, I'm an American college student and Civ player since 2003, with Civ3 Vanilla and later Conquests. Conquests is still my staple Civ game. I've been in the online Civ community since early 2007, although I remain a near-exclusively offline player.

Comment

Hi campm@jor, PM me with some details of your original account which can ensure me that you are indeed him, I can then reset your original account and give you access again.

Welcome back!
                              Welcome to Quintillus as well, thanks for your help earlier today in the civ3 forum!
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Thanks for the offer Robert (or Cybershy as I knew you by), but it doesn't matter. I use this account now and that's OK by me. I will become Prince soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X