Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an urgent matter of the utmost importance. RED ALERT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan, to get the issue resolved faster, it might be worth noting to ThePlanet guys that what they're asking for is stupid, in the hope that they'd switch the ticket to someone more competent. This request is, at best, stalling while they do nothing, and at worst evidence that the guy on the other end has no idea at all on how to approach the issue.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      Dan, to get the issue resolved faster, it might be worth noting to ThePlanet guys that what they're asking for is stupid, in the hope that they'd switch the ticket to someone more competent. This request is, at best, stalling while they do nothing, and at worst evidence that the guy on the other end has no idea at all on how to approach the issue.
      I'm prepared to include a note to that effect along with what they want, the underlying message being "here's all what you asked for, but certainly it can be seen now if not before that the ping report is of no use here. Time to act".
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
        Asher must be mellowing. I was expecting him to point out it took 4 days to submit a support ticket.
        I've reached my threshold now.
        This is what I get for trying to be nicer. Nothing gets done.

Dan: These are textbook stall tactics. Tell them the ping results are inherently part of the traceroute. If they still ask for the ping -- seriously ask to talk to his supervisor or manager, because he is grossly incompetent.

You are paying these people to host the site, don't put up with that ****.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

I'm prepared to include a note to that effect along with what they want, the underlying message being "here's all what you asked for, but certainly it can be seen now if not before that the ping report is of no use here. Time to act".
          Dan: You are the customer. You are in control, not them. Grab it by the balls and go for it.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

All right, all right... I'm as frustrated about this entire circumstance as everyone else (except for Boris, I'm sure). I admit that I need to be more aggressive than I was prepared to be now that I have the updated traceroute at the ready. Having further considered your argument, Asher, beyond your unnecessarily aggressive position against me, coupled with Solver's reasoned point, I've gone ahead and updated the ticket.
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Wow. I agree with Asher.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

All right, all right... I'm as frustrated about this entire circumstance as everyone else (except for Boris, I'm sure). I admit that I need to be more aggressive than I was prepared to be now that I have the updated traceroute at the ready. Having further considered your argument, Asher, beyond your unnecessarily aggressive position against me, coupled with Solver's reasoned point, I've gone ahead and updated the ticket.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Nikolai I almost fell off my chair too when I realised I agreed with Asher too.

Dan, I know it's the path of least resistence, but I can tell you they are standard stall tactics (I confess to using it myself in the past when I had too much other stuff going on). I would suggest a strongly (but polite) worded email to Poly's account manager would be best, indicating that your money is ensuring support which you are not getting. Highlight the technicians name and their very obvious mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

At the very least, ThePlanet has demonstrated an ability to respond quickly to new/updated tickets on their system. I'm hoping that this update will yield a more... useful reply.

Comment

At the very least, ThePlanet has demonstrated an ability to respond quickly to new/updated tickets on their system. I'm hoping that this update will yield a more... useful reply.

Heres hoping a response provides first fruits of an answer for this

I have to say, its like as frustrating as when a windows issue comes up and they say reformat the HD, Dan, best of fortunes with this request, hope it gets their attention
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I just received a telegraph from Boris. So now we have this too:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
                          (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

Pinging www.apolyton.net [74.53.199.149] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
                          Request timed out.
                          Request timed out.
                          Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 74.53.199.149:
                          Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            I just received a telegraph from Boris. So now we have this too:
                            Thanks for it, Boris, and to you for the relay.

Comment

Why don't you help the site with technical stuff instead of just criticizing, Glonk?

Comment

They don't want it.

I also don't think they have the budget. And this isn't a charity.

Comment

Working...
                                X