Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an urgent matter of the utmost importance. RED ALERT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an urgent matter of the utmost importance. RED ALERT.

Our good friend Boris Goodenough cannot access your site from home.

The tracert fails inside your server provider's farm, one hop before this illustrious server:

Code:
    Tracing route to [url]www.apolyton.net[/url] [74.53.199.149]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
      2     7 ms     8 ms    12 ms  96.132.240.1
      3     8 ms     9 ms     9 ms  68.85.149.117
      4     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  te-9-2-ar01.beaverton.or.bverton.comcast.net [68
    .87.216.29]
      5    11 ms    10 ms     9 ms  te-0-4-0-5-cr01.portland.or.ibone.comcast.net [6
    8.86.90.245]
      6    22 ms    23 ms    23 ms  pos-1-13-0-0-cr01.sacramento.ca.ibone.comcast.ne
    t [68.86.85.162]
      7    32 ms    33 ms    33 ms  68.86.86.2
      8    74 ms    68 ms    67 ms  pos-0-13-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [6
    8.86.85.146]
      9    76 ms    68 ms    67 ms  68.86.88.50
     10    69 ms    68 ms    67 ms  te9-1.dsr02.dllstx3.theplanet.com [70.87.253.22]

11    69 ms    67 ms    73 ms  te3-3.dsr02.dllstx2.theplanet.com [70.87.253.126
    ]
     12    76 ms    93 ms    70 ms  po2.car06.dllstx6.theplanet.com [12.96.160.40]
     13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.
    Boris is beside himself and it's all I can do to keep him distracted with stripteases. Please contact your provider and have them correct this routing issue. If necessary, Boris' ISP is Comcast. I've troubleshooted this with him and it's definitely nothing on his side, and it worked a week ago.

GRACIAS.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Lemme help Asher

1) Try restarting the computer

2) What version of explorer is he using?

3) Are all drivers updated?

4) What screen resolution is he running?

5) Try reformatting the HD

6) Do a sweep to see if any virus's are active on his PC yeah, thats a good one

7) Has he had any recent CTD's, if so, thats probably the problem and in that case, contact the company that built the PC

Im afraid thats all I can offer as these are the most common suggestions I am offered when a problem arises here at Poly
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

lol
      "

Comment

This is not a laughing matter. Anyone who's seen one of Asher's stripteases knows that.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Why is this not fixed yet?

Can I request that my PolyPlus subscription be dedicated to a competent tech resource?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Why is this not fixed yet?

Can I request that my PolyPlus subscription be dedicated to a competent tech resource?
            First... he posted right before yours

And second... if only "ONE" individual can't reach a site, and everybody else can, I would question how competent the person that claims the problem isn't on his end is ')

Have a nice day.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

First... he posted right before yours
              He's posting from work, Ming. He can't reach it from home.

And second... if only "ONE" individual can't reach a site, and everybody else can, I would question how competent the person that claims the problem isn't on his end is ')

Have a nice day.
              You so don't want to go here.

Look at the traceroute. There's a routing problem inside ThePlanet's infrastructure, it's nothing on Boris' end. I assume you don't know about network topology and design, but this is very possible.

This site's service provider needs to liaise with Comcast and figure out where the connection is broken.

Why must I do everything for this site.

I'm charging you my usual consulting fee of $200/hr.

Comment

He's posting from work, Ming. He can't reach it from home.
                'tis true.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Why must I do everything for this site.
                  Unless you consider trolling "everything"... you don't anything for this site.

I'm charging you my usual consulting fee of $200/hr.
                  I'm glad you have found some people stupid enough to pay you that kind of money, but frankly, you aren't worth it

And since it worked a week ago, this may just be temporary network problem. Many other posters are using comcast and are having no problems. Other people from the same area aren't having problems either.

If the problem persists, it may be worth looking into
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

That really shouldn't be for you to determine. Just email ThePlanet and they should let you know immediately. It's what you pay them for.

A week is not temporary, it indicates a persisting error.

Boris: Since the Apolyton administration has no technical competence nor motivation to assist their posters, you may want to talk to Comcast and get them to contact ThePlanet since the owners here don't want to help you.

Comment

That really shouldn't be for you to determine. Just email ThePlanet and they should let you know immediately. It's what you pay them for.

A week is not temporary, it indicates a persisting error.

Boris: Since the Apolyton administration has no technical competence nor motivation to assist their posters, you may want to talk to Comcast and get them to contact ThePlanet since the owners here don't want to help you.

As usual, you think insults will help make people do what you want...

Second... a week is temporary by definition

Third, please point out where ANYBODY said that the site wouldn't help out. But of course, you can't. You just toss around insults and think they will do some good.

I'm sure one of the tech people from the site will help if the problem continues.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

As usual, you think insults will help make people do what you want...

Second... a week is temporary by definition

Third, please point out where ANYBODY said that the site wouldn't help out. But of course, you can't. You just toss around insults and think they will do some good.

I'm sure one of the tech people from the site will help if the problem continues.
                        The problem continues.

Your tech people are no more tech-savvy than you are. Just log into www.theplanet.com and raise a ticket with the traceroute and information provided in the OP. It's so easy Agathon could do it.

You, as the owner of the site, just told me that you're going to wait and see if it continues for an indeterminate amount of time. That means you are doing nothing.

Comment

I have clearly labeled this thread RED ALERT but it is being treated like a YELLOW ALERT.

Comment

You, as the owner of the site, just told me that you're going to wait and see if it continues for an indeterminate amount of time. That means you are doing nothing.
                            You are correct that I will not be doing anything.
                            While I am an owner, I'm not on the tech side. I don't deal with the server people.

When one of the tech people see it, they can make a determination on what they think needs to be done or if any action needs to be taken.

But then again, since all you do is throw around insults, what makes you think that you are worth having any action taken for

But Boris is a good guy, so I'm sure the tech people will ignore your insults and help him if the situation requires it.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

I have clearly labeled this thread RED ALERT but it is being treated like a YELLOW ALERT.
                              Gee... no response from anybody on our tech staff yet.
                              What's it been, less than 24 hours. Even the big money sites usually take 24 to 48 hours to respond to a problem. Our "volunteer" staff that doesn't make a supposed 200 per hour and doesn't monitor the site on a 24/7 basis. They do it on their free time. So I'm sure one will get to it when they can. So continue to troll away if you wish, but it will probably only slow down the response time
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X