Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an urgent matter of the utmost importance. RED ALERT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/me taps his watch!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Gee... no response from anybody on our tech staff yet.
      What's it been, less than 24 hours. Even the big money sites usually take 24 to 48 hours to respond to a problem. Our "volunteer" staff that doesn't make a supposed 200 per hour and doesn't monitor the site on a 24/7 basis. They do it on their free time. So I'm sure one will get to it when they can. So continue to troll away if you wish, but it will probably only slow down the response time
      When Captain Kirk orders a RED ALERT, is there a 24 hour delay before the shields go up?

Answer this truthfully.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        The problem continues.

Your tech people are no more tech-savvy than you are. Just log into www.theplanet.com and raise a ticket with the traceroute and information provided in the OP. It's so easy Agathon could do it.
        Is that something I can do myself, or does it have to be reps from Apolyton? At first glance, it appears you have to be a customer to log in and get assistance...
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

When Kirk does it... it's life or death
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Is that something I can do myself, or does it have to be reps from Apolyton? At first glance, it appears you have to be a customer to log in and get assistance...
            Yeah, you do need to be a customer to get help from Apolyton's provider.

But since you are a customer of Comcast, you can try to go through them. Tell them you cannot access a site at home that you know for certain is up and works elsewhere.

They'll then probably get in touch with ThePlanet. The problem is the Comcast techs are assuredly less competent than ThePlanet's techs.

Comment

The problem is having to call Comcast at all. I'd rather call a government agency for help.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                When Kirk does it... it's life or death
                I will DIE if I don't have access to poly this weekend.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Clearly you should go to work this weekend.

Comment

Kicking Asher as your manager might work.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                      Kicking Asher as your manager might work.
                      Can you, like, not invade my threads with this ****? It doesn't even make sense.

This is still a RED ALERT. After 24 hours expires since I gave notice, this will escalate to a TAUPE ALERT.

Comment

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Boris, it's sounding as though from posts of yours in this thread that you are able to access ThePlanet.com, correct? Are you able to access any of Apolyton's other domains, such as "civilization4.net, and even apolyton.net (without the "www")? Are you have access difficulties to any other websites you frequent online at present (and/or at the time you began to experience Poly access difficulties from home)?

Asher indicated that you had no such difficulties a week ago... did you try any days in between? Also, please link to two or more recent posts of yours on-site that you made through your Comcast accounts -- say, several days apart at least anyway -- so I can look at your IP(s) of those posts.

If there are any other Apolyton users who use Comcast and are, in fact, using their account on that service to read this now, please indicate so in reply to this thread.
                          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Dan: He is only able to access ThePlanet.com everywhere. He is not able to access the specific server Apolyton sits on INSIDE ThePlanet's infrastructure. He's posting here from work. Not from home. It stopped a week ago working from home.

I've already asked him to try www.apolyton.net, apolyton.net, www.apolyton.com, and apolyton.com. All fail at the same hop on the traceroute.

I don't think it's a comcast-wide problem, it's probably something specific to his IP or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              Dan: He is only able to access ThePlanet.com everywhere. He is not able to access the specific server Apolyton sits on INSIDE ThePlanet's infrastructure.
                              Ah yes.

He's posting here from work. Not from home. It stopped a week ago working from home.
                              Yes, I understood that.

I've already asked him to try www.apolyton.net, apolyton.net, www.apolyton.com, and apolyton.com. All fail at the same hop on the traceroute.
                              Ah, OK -- base covered then.

I don't think it's a comcast-wide problem, it's probably something specific to his IP or something.
                              It's clearly a strong possibility. Perhaps ThePlanet needed to halt traffic from a certain block within Comcast's network due to mischievous activities -- from an IP (range) that Boris is unfortunate enough to also be on -- to a specific portion of ThePlanet's network, which Poly also happens to reside in. Perhaps something else entirely.

With the links I have requested from Boris above, it should help inform that front (re: what that IP specifically is (or IPs if the IP he has isn't static or even if he had to release/renew his otherwise static IP for whatever reason(s)).
                              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Don't know if you need this or not, but I am using Comcast to access the site.

Also, come on, I hate trolls as much as the next guy, but even I think Asher knows his computer stuff. If he says problem is at X, the problem is almost certainly at X.
                                You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Working...
                                X