Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update: this event has been cancelled (CivCon '09: Make Your Reservation Today)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metaliturtle View Post
    So is there a set cost for this? I need to know to budget for my trip.
    Not quite yet is my understanding. I'll raise this point still standing with Committee members shortly.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

If it wasnt for me being in China for work for the next....half decade, I would be there.
      "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
      "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

No joy. Same weekend as family reunion.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Not sure if I will be able to attend, hope we get an update at least as an outside chance to maybe make something happen

Gramps
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Sounds interesting - do we know who's giving the keynote address yet? Any VIPs, that sort of thing?
            "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

There have been some setbacks in terms of planning and personnel on the Committee in recent months, but work has resumed. Once more details are for certain a Committee member will disclose them.
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

There is an open call for proposals for break-out sessions for this event. Details can be found in that thread started and being managed by Lead Organizer Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney.

On behalf of the Committee, yes, more details are forthcoming.

Comment

Register Now! (and Reserve Your Room)

Originally posted by DanQ View Post
                  ... more details are forthcoming.
                  Here it is at last -- registration for the event is now live! Don't forget to reserve your room at the hotel where this get-together is being held.

If you register before July 13th, it will cost $95US -- a $25US discount off the regular price. Similarly, use the event's promotional code to get a discount on the room... it is automatically applied when you follow the reserve link above. Only 25 such rooms are available, and the code is only good on bookings before July 14th.
                  Last edited by DanQ; July 9, 2009, 22:29. Reason: Price drop ~25% for early bird and regular price

Comment

I'm pleased to report that the early bird registration price has been dropped to $95US; the past-July 14th price has also been dropped, to $120US.

Comment

I'm pleased to report that thanks to a most recent development, there are to be prizes available including some which are signed.

Comment

Two items of development to note:

1. To be more specific on the prizes being made available, there are to be 25 copies of Civilization IV: Complete, 5 of which are signed. Being a lucky event participant who receives one of these prizes will take into account multiplayer tournament performance, but not only that (i.e. you need not necessarily be a player in a tournament in order to win a prize).

2. Don Wuenschell is no longer available to present at this event. Jason Winokur, a graphics programmer who worked on Civilization IV: Colonization, is to take his place. The topic of Jason's presentation will be different from what Don had planned. The registration page has been updated accordingly.

Comment

CivCon '09 Bound!

Good news Apolytoners!

I have just purchased my flight, room, and a brand-new laptop for the convention!

So Wittlich will be there with bells on!
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
                            Not sure if I will be able to attend, hope we get an update at least as an outside chance to maybe make something happen

Gramps
                            Gramps!!!

If I can travel from the west coast to make it - you need to beat-feet up the east coast (it's closer for you anyway). Besides, it would be great to finally meet in person!
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Cancellation Notice

Speaking on behalf of the CivCon '09 Committee, it is with regret that we inform you that this event has been canceled. The reason for coming to this unfortunate decision was due to low registration numbers, even during the 'early bird' period which ended this past Tuesday. Further, lower interest and availability still was received to participate in the multiplayer tournaments, which were to have made up a considerable portion of the event's itinerary.

Thank you to those of you who expressed interest in this event, and an additional nod of appreciation to those of you who did register. Refunds for registration payments, minus applicable PayPal fees, are to be issued within the next few business days -- contact Treasurer Joe "joebreeves" Reeves (joe.reeves@gmail.com) if you have any concerns in this regard. For hotel and any other reservations (e.g. airfare), you will need to cancel them yourselves. Check the terms of these bookings to ensure that you cancel before you are charged for the service.

It had been hoped that registration numbers would have been plentiful enough to see CivCon '09 realized, but unfortunately that has been proven not to be the case. Hopefully there will be further convention opportunities in the future, and that they will come to pass to ultimately become ApolyCon '06's successors.

----
                              Daniel "DanQ" Quick
                              CivCon '09 Committee Adviser

Comment

Well, I will need to call the airline tonight after work and see what I need to do in cancelling my airline ticket. Cancelling my hotel reservation shouldn't be a problem.

Cancelling the order for my new laptop might be a problem, but I needed a new one any way...

Comment

Working...
                                X